Sign in to follow this  
bloodbomb

What does ARMA 2 have that Operation Flashpoint 2 doesn't?

Nothing but pointless speculation in here, one game has been released (sorta) and the other has not, can't really compare them.

And dave, the original Ghost Recon was AWESOME! then they raped the shit out of it :(

Invest in ARMA2. Splurge for Dragon Rising. Dragon Rising I feel sure will be fun in many aspects, but ARMA2 is going to give you unique video game moments/memories that will stick with you. OFP did the same. Armed Assault did the same.

Buy ARMA2 when available in your area and pick up Dragon Rising in the bargain bin. Without the mod and addon community, Dragon Rising will only be a momentary distraction.

The above is pure opinion. ;)

Simulation Vs Casual

Al tho i do unfortunately believe OFP2DR will have a more competent AI than ARMA.

The question should have been "What does OFP2 have what Battlefield doesnt?" and the correct answer would have been 'big maps'.

Another question could have been "Why are there no other milsims with such a large scope?" (Infantry, (armored) vehicles, air, etc)

You can literally do ANYTHING you want to in the editor!!

ArmA2 has me waiting for it's availabilty. (US hard copy)

OFPDR doesn't.

Yeah cause OFPDR is already out in the states... :confused:

Definitely atmosphere. Dragon Rising looks a lot more "clean" and generic.

Armaholic!!!!!!

:D

Simulation, and best off all, military realism.

Armaholic!!!!!!

:D

ROFL.... yea... what Foxhound said....:yay:

Yeah cause OFPDR is already out in the states... :confused:

No, and even if it were, I have no ambition of purchasing OFPDR.

Simulation Vs Casual

Al tho i do unfortunately believe OFP2DR will have a more competent AI than ARMA.

Bet you a beer on that one, if you're of age.. (No FBI I was not trying to be an accessory to the delinquience of a minor.. Really!)

Haven't seen ANYTHING to prove or disprove the range and depth of DR's AI capabilities.

OT: With a little practice, you can quickly set up every engagement, or animal invasion you ever wanted in the editor. Tweak the AI, interface, mission limits, support elements, scripting and triggers allow for everyone to get anything short of a mod sorted... In a word -AttachTo- The command that will always be remembered as the element that created the DshKow, the BomBull, and the ever mobile HenMine. lol.

Well, OFP: DR doesn't probably have awesome moments involving aircrafts:

"We got a chinook down, we got a chinook down!"

Well, OFP: DR doesn't probably have awesome moments involving aircrafts[/url]

In a german preview e3 video, they said tanks and aircraft appear to be ai-access only so far in the game.

Hey metsapeikkoo, to get your youtube vids to work, remove everything except the code after the equal sign, leave that in between your youtube bbc code to get it to show.

arma is obviously far superior because :

1. arma's fanbase is by far the most rabid bunch of rabies infected religious zealots who'll throw chicken wings at everyone and everything that as much as mentions any other game. I know, because I'm one of them.

and...

that's it.

@NuclearDruid

Yeah, and thats the problem: It's AI controlled, thus removing the "human factor"/"if it can go wrong, it will go wrong"-factor from the CAS-runs.

@TCed

Thanks, so I only have to keep the video-id. Will keep in mind in the future.

@NuclearDruid

Yeah, and thats the problem: It's AI controlled, thus removing the "human factor"/"if it can go wrong, it will go wrong"-factor from the CAS-runs.

@TCed

Thanks, so I only have to keep the video-id. Will keep in mind in the future.

Rgr that, the code after the equal sign is the ID, put on the post, highlight it and hit the YouTube button at the top, (have to be in Go Advanced view) it will put the bbc code around the ID for you, & walla!

ArmA 2 is a simulator, OFP 2 is an arcade game

ArmA 2 was made specific for the PC (Later porting to console), OFP 2 has been made equal for all platforms

ArmA 2 has a superb commanding system, OFP 2 has a commanding system similar to Battlefield 2 (The radial menus with single words, Attack, Fall Back, Move, etc., you can not order individual units in OFP 2)

ArmA 2 has superior graphics, OFP 2 has somewhat okay graphics

ArmA 2 has superior multiplayer, OFP 2 only supports 24 players for console, 36 for PC

ArmA 2 has superior gameplay, OFP 2 is similar to Battlefield 2

ArmA 2 has much smarter players, the OFP 2 players must be stupid if they choose OFP 2 prior to ArmA 2

ArmA 2 was developed by BIS, OFP 2 was developed by Codemasters.

Also, ArmA 2 supports many thousand units. I added thousand of units to a single group. The game crashed at 5000 units in one group.

---------------------------

ArmA 2

Out of memory (requested 68 KB).

Reserved 294912 KB.

Total free 6408 KB

Free blocks 548, Max free size 50 KB

OK

OFP 2 supports 288 units in total.

I added 130000 units in ArmA 2, and crashed with a "Out of Memory" message, like the one above.

ArmA 2 has 136 vehicle variants, OFP 2 has 50 vehicles in total

ArmA 2 has 81 different weapons, OFP 2 has 70 weapons

ArmA 2 view distance can be set to up to 10km, Codemasters (claims) OFP 2's view distance is 35km (Which is 20 (Edit: corrected from 10. Island is about smaller than ArmA 2's, which is 15x15 kilometers) km longer than the island).

If I had to even CONSIDER OFP 2, they would have to prove that you can have at least 1000 units at once, possibility to group more than 5 units, and be able to command individual squad members, with more specific commands than just "ATTACK", "MOVE" and "STOP".

Edited by MulleDK19

Mulle just summed up my opinions on OFP2 and ArmA2.