Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

Fromz PLA mod will be inclued?

No, I'm under the impression that Fromz will release a version of hes PLA that has been prepared to take good advantage of ACE 2.

So you have to run the two mods at the same time.

No, I'm under the impression that Fromz will release a version of hes PLA that has been prepared to take good advantage of ACE 2.

So you have to run the two mods at the same time.

Just like ACEX - the PLA content has been termed ACEX-PLA

Cant wait till this mod comes out, by then ill have the game and will be ready for mods!

Because when we are playing we dont act as if the world is out of scale (though it may well be) we just play it as if it is a small environment.

To change balistics, ranges etc. to suit this would be wrong I think, and would spoil the realism.

#EDIT To clarify I am in favour of making the weapons perform as close to reality as possible, and not scale them to the supposedly compromised environment we use them in.

Edited by fireship4

Whose (A2, some mod, etc.) ballistics are 'wrong'? Just would like some details please.

;1497648']Think like this then..

If 1 RL Km is X m ingame' date=' how could we ask for realistic Tank Ammo Ballistics,

Speeds and other..[/quote']

One real KM is one KM ingame, it's just the battlespace is relatively small. If you're asking about how Chernarus couldn't be a country as it's that small, you only play in the south-eastern tip of Chernarus in-game, not the whole country.

Yup as far as I know 1km=1km in game. Not sure which ballistics he's taking about though. I always thought that the ballistics aren't too bad for a game. Especially the NWD_ballistics port.(Can't remember who did it at the moment, my apologies to you.) Of course they can always be better but I'm not sure what engine limitations there are. Obviously the ACE guys know a helluva a lot more about this then I do though. They can provide better feedback than I.

You can just download it and use it with ACE what's the matter? :confused:

You can just download it and use it with ACE what's the matter? :confused:

Inclusion in ACE means that it will be part of a one stop shop to download and a lot of servers end up using vanilla ACE as a public addon because it is so popular. Things being included means that they can use them on a public server.

I am by no means advocating the inclusion of my addon, though it would be cool and an honor, just stating the reason why people would want things included.

Inclusion in ACE means that it will be part of a one stop shop to download and a lot of servers end up using vanilla ACE as a public addon because it is so popular. Things being included means that they can use them on a public server.

I am by no means advocating the inclusion of my addon, though it would be cool and an honor, just stating the reason why people would want things included.

Of course :) But your addon isn't clientside only?

EDIT: btw i see no reason why your addon shouldn't be included in ACE just want to say that anyone can use it with it :p

Doesn't matter if an addon is clientside or not. If a server is checking for addon signatures and doesn't have that map-addon in its list you can't connect.

I do agree that some kind of map tools would be handy to have in ACE. Either that, or something like Spooner's map tools for ArmA1. ^^

Doesn't matter if an addon is clientside or not. If a server is checking for addon signatures and doesn't have that map-addon in its list you can't connect.

I do agree that some kind of map tools would be handy to have in ACE. Either that, or something like Spooner's map tools for ArmA1. ^^

Oh then i agree too :D Also the Spoon draw scripts would be nice, those really improved mission briefing and such. :yay:

Oh then i agree too :D Also the Spoon draw scripts would be nice, those really improved mission briefing and such. :yay:

Yea, I'd love to get Spoons stuff working in ArmA2...

I have a couple other big projects up my sleeve though...

Agree with you guys. Drawing tools in ACE2 would be awesome. Maybe there already are plans for it though. ACE team usually knows what they are doing. :)

It would be a gift to be able to draw on the Map. But for now this Map plus Addons is great if you play on Veteran Difficulty

I would suggest that, whizzy as it is, the ability to share map drawings isn't actually all that desirable in a simulation, it's not like every platoon has a fax machine. I feel there is more immersion to be had from the requirement for clear and precise verbal communication.

I would suggest that, whizzy as it is, the ability to share map drawings isn't actually all that desirable in a simulation, it's not like every platoon has a fax machine. I feel there is more immersion to be had from the requirement for clear and precise verbal communication.

Any implementation of sharing lines I do will be based on distance from a person, so you have to crowd around a map, it'd be more like copying off of their maps.

About the line drawings on map. Perhabs there should be 2 styles: one mode for hand drawn lines (markers) and second one with more symbology and straight lines/circles/arc and range markers that would be used by vehicle crews and would have simmilar functionality as the IRL communication systems, including instant sharing between vehicles.

Just my remark in case someone is serious about creating that.

Anyway... some raw meat (hipoly meshes. A lot of people think they are unnecessery and you can just draw the normal map and fake AO renders, but I just don't see it... ;) ).

Once you're at imageshack click on images to enlarge, they are quite big.

wip6o.th.jpgwip7.th.jpgwipo.th.jpg

Edited by Panda_pl