Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Anyone else still playing old/retro games?

)rStrangelove @ Feb. 12 2009,18:10)]Little off topic here, but Sony's The Agency will come very close to the style of the NOLF games. And no, no monthly costs.

Yeah, but as a MMO its purely MP. What I loved about NOLF was the weird single player story and the lovely characters.

NOLF had its moments, especially on the Winter Map with Skiidoos whilst playing that voluminous opera singer character ... made the opponets laugh too hard to defend themselves biggrin_o.gif<span id='ME'><center>Mr Burns hums the Hummelflug</center></span>

Just reloaded the PSP´s battery, going to give Genesis/Mega Drive Soleil a whirl  smile_o.gif

I just started playing Trespasser (awesome game even though the graphics are raw... but you can enhance it significantly with mods) and Ghost Recon.

Bit late to the party here.

I still regularly play:

- Close Combat 5 (currently going through loads of mods; I replayed Gold Juno Sword a couple of times, finished Okinawa, and am now a couple of days into Stalingrad: Operation Circle)

Red Storm Rising Mod inlove.gif

I still play play the CC games although it has been a good while. They are always installed with CC2 being my favourite. Looking forward to its re-release.

I recently got a new computer and decided to install some of the games with dusty CD cases before getting back into more modern games such as Arma, cod, gta, etc. just for nostalgia's sake (Thank god for Windows 7 compatibility modes!).

These are the ones I'm talking about:

I'd like to know what other people used to play in their childhood (whether more recent or distant than mine ;))

These games really brought back some good memories, even though they only lasted a few days till I got bored of them again.

The gaming part of my childhood consisted mainly of driving games, especially the ones with elements of simulation in them (e.g. Juiced & TIR), but the odd large-scale fps crept in such as SW Battlefront and a bit of GTA, then I discovered Arma1.

I'm also interested in knowing what other people played right before Arma (or in some cases OFP, as it was called back then!)

That is all, pretty interested in any kind of response really, if you've ever had moments of reinstalling happiness and especially if you played any games I did!

R3con.

Need for Speed most wanted was released in 2005; Star Wars Battlefront in 2004. And you call them oldschool? Damn youngsters.

How about Doom, Steel Panthers, Duke Nukem 3D, Apache Longbow, Rainbox Six? :p

Need for Speed most wanted was released in 2005; Star Wars Battlefront in 2004. And you call them oldschool? Damn youngsters.

In this day and age, at least we can remember when the games that came from the big publishers were still decent, at least.

Also, Deus Ex and both System Shocks. Not as old school as your old school, but older than the original old school.

Oh yeah, Deus Ex and System Shock were pretty cool too back in the days. :)

Just my hardware sucked as I was playing them so never really enjoyed them. Maybe I still have the discs somewhere... but then there's the time problem :D

Fallout 1, and Fallout 2 (I don't know if Tactics is okay though, I haven't played it) !

Planetscape Torment !

Combat Mission BO, BB and AK (If someone from GMT-4 wants to play this please send me a PM : D, without PBEM though)

Blitzkrieg

Close Combat 1, 2, 3, and 5 for MP with mods.

Freelancer

The Tentacle Day

Jedi Knight II: Outcast, and Jedi Knight III: Academy (this one in multiplayer with the mod OJP was A-W-E-S-O-M-E)

PD: You MUST have to play the Fallout series, it even has politics and philosophy with ironic situations inside of it!. I mean, the older ones.

Edited by NacroxNicke

haha I raise your C16 with a CGL Sord M5' date=' i only got this computer becuase the Commodore Vic 20 was sold out!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sord_M5

Computer games first multiplayer game I played and still love is Star Wars - Xwing Vs TieFighter :)

You call those oldschool??... Listen youngster when I started gaming it was just plinks and plonks for sound, no colour, no 3D, pictures were made up of ASCII symbols

and most games you had to type in yourself from a magazine [bASIC] or wait 50 million hours for it to load off tape.

This is oldschool kiddo

http://thcnet.net/error/index.php

Edited by jblackrupert

As regards FA18 Interceptor' date=' I remember the days of playing that to death on my Amiga through all the missions (loop the looping back onto the carrier was my favourite) while listening to Ultramagentic MC's first album over and over as the soundtrack to it, ah school days :)

Edited by mrcash2009

DANG! That's a tasty lineup right there. These were all favorites of mine, especially Duke 3D. Okay, so I was only 7 when it came out, but my dad still let me play it!

I still have all my old Spectrum equipments & softwares, as well as all my old Amiga equipments & softwares. In my old age I expect to be revisiting old favourites :)

Like:

Dungeon master.

Carrier Command.

Xenon 2.

etc.

Still have my old Vic20, C-64 and Amiga500 ..... sad hey ! LOL

God knows if they'll even work if I plug them in ( *thinks he might try this weekend* )

Today spotted (and briefly played) a 2 player Pub (table) game machine with 60 authentic arcade games (old style), and an up-right single player unit with over a 1000 authentic arcade games !! O.M.G.

Unfortunately $1,500 and $2,300 each :(

WOW!

M1 tank platton, I had forgotten about that one for a long time! It did give me so many hours of very good entertainment a couple of decades ago.

The ones I still have and play are UFO:Enemy Unknown and Jagged Alliance. As a matter of fact, I just finished Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire last year. IMO one of the very best games ever made. Hard as hell, but it's one of those that if you learn it well (and have time to play it properly and not reading walkthroughs) that's a top notch strategy (with hints of rpg) gaming experience.

Recently i have wasted again lot of time in Master of Magic that i played for so many years (and thanks to DOSBox could continue to play with my computer upgrades with time), mostly thanks to that unofficial patch that actually made the AI much more challenging and making lot of bugfixing.

Master of Magic is still one of the games that stand the test of time.