sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

ACE2 is underway, and we hope to deliver a first release in some weeks.

Will update once we know more!

What!? Really!? Good news, I was even thinking about a first release date yet. Regardless when ever it comes I'll be happy.

Good news for A1 too. This mod changed the whole game for the better.

Hey guys... I'm a big fan of ARMA2, and that has sparked my interest in ARMA. I've just downloaded ACE... but what now? Does it give me a new singleplayer campaign? New missions? Or is it just for multiplayer?

no new campaign no new mission but a total convert of ballistic , sound and the mod add a wounded systeme ect ... if you wanna help mp me

Thank you everyone for the interest!

We still have plans for 1 final patch release.

We have been having Holidays, and ArmA 2, ACE 2, etc.

Our development methods have undergone a makeover. We are evaluating if these changes could make it in a backport for ArmA 1, or how we will go about delivering the ACE1 patch.

ACE2 is underway, and we hope to deliver a first release in some weeks.

Will update once we know more!

Alright, thank you and all, but can you answer my last question about the wounding system? I promise that since you are all moving to ACE2 I won't be asking more about ACE1. Or do you all have something against me :confused:?

;)

Thanks for the reply, I'll try what you said about the magazines tonight.

I have another question though. I've notice that in SP (the only way I've played ACE) I cannot make the AI use the ACE wounding system at all. AI under my command do not take any notice of the new wounding features, they just get injured and all I can do is tell them to go heal with some medic. The AI medics don't seem to make any use of their ACE special abilities. Is all this normal and the wounding system works properly only for MP or am I missing something? Note that the AI - enemy or otherwise - do get hurt and lay bleeding and unconscious, and so do I, but nobody comes to help my and I cannot make any medic go to help unconscious soldiers.

Yes I noticed this too in the later versions of ACE, I just never mention anything. I figured someone else had mentioned it. I did notice near the end of my time playing ArmA+ACE that my AI teammates never came to my aid nor each others but the enemy AI did for each other. Maybe I'll fire it up this weekend and check it again just too make sure.

I did notice near the end of my time playing ArmA+ACE that my AI teammates never came to my aid nor each others but the enemy AI did for each other.

True. I saw an enemy soldier dragging another one last time I played.

Well I think ACE for ArmA 1 was a success. Although we never got the IMWM ACU army units. - Sad face

Hi guys

ArmA 1.16 + ACE 1.09 question here

Can ACE make wounded non player units, suffer wounds in agony "a la I44" (invasion)?

all they do is lie there and a context menu appears, "Examine", can they switch moves?

I noticed this question is related to another post I made, but this thread is more appropiate

regards

and.... another question about the wounding system. I'm working on a SP campaign and would like to use ACE for it, because I like a lot of the features (loved WGL too), but the wounding system sorta breaks SP missions.

-example: if my squad leader is wounded, alive but immobile, our group will not be able to move to the next waypoint (or whatever) and finish the mission. This is bad.

-example #2: a squadmate is wounded, but immobile. He says "Injured!" My squad leader tells him, repeatedly ad nauseum to "Go to, medic, 6 o'clock". but he can't because he's wounded and immobile. This is bad

-example #3: There are wounded and immobile enemies scattered around. The mission ends when there are no enemy present in a trigger, but will not end because there are wounded and immobile enemies. And I refuse to go around executing the wounded so I can complete the mission. This is bad.

so, for these reasons-

Q: Can I disable the wounding system for SP?

Does anyone have the full version of the dedicated server files? I can't find it at Defcon.

There is no specific Official dedicated server files.

Use the exact same files you use for your client. There are a lot of isServer code checks in ACE to prevent unnecessary code running on the server side.

This is the reason why the ACE team has never created a separate dedicated server set of files. It is all-in-one setup file.

Those are not official releases from the ACE Project Management Team.

Those are contributions from community members which are appreciated.

ACE is designed to also be installed on the server without any special changes.

Edited by ViperMaul

Any chance that the last patch (1.10) could be released?

I know that it's not finished (been stuck at 54% for months now) but I'm sure that it would help.

After all it fixes 19 out of 37 bugs!

domokun, I will bring it up with the ACE Project Team. I know they are focused on ACE2 which has obviously played a role in the 1.10 delay.

@Vipermaul: sweet :cool: our clan looks forward to hearing from your team.

A2's performance woes have left us split.

A1 and IL2 are just about all we agree on :rolleyes:

Anyone able to comment on the disabling of the wounding system whilst using the rest of the ACE features/scripts - this has been bugging me for ages (since 1.04). Lol think I posted the question in the page no. 50's and never got a satisfactory answer.....

On the other thread - ace2 is looking sweet so far, nice work.

Anyone able to comment on the disabling of the wounding system whilst using the rest of the ACE features/scripts - this has been bugging me for ages (since 1.04). Lol think I posted the question in the page no. 50's and never got a satisfactory answer.....

On the other thread - ace2 is looking sweet so far, nice work.

just remove the ace_sys_wound.pbo from your @ACE\Addons folder

please keep ACE2 comments aside from this thread though

just remove the ace_sys_wound.pbo from your @ACE\Addons folder

Tried this already - doesn't work:

On load of Arma I get a addon dependancy message ("ace_config_men" requires "ace_sys_wound".

If I try to edit/play one of my missions I get the "you cannot edit/play .... downloadble content deleted" etc message.

I've tried removing the ace_sys_wound.pbo requirement from this mission file etc, and even when I create a new mission from scratch & try to play/preview I get "No entry 'bin......................./Cfgmagazine.ACE.bandage (I assume this appears because all of the @ace troopers carry bandages and threrfore have a dependancy on the "ace_sys_wound.pbo"

I've tried placing the @ace wounding game logics which proport to disable various effects etc but can't see any noticable difference.

Any other ideas to get this working without the wounding/blackout effects? My single player missions are unplayable because of it (even when I play them multiplayer LAN the AI isn't interested in helping me, & I can't get back into the fight :| )

Tried this already - doesn't work:

OK, will have a proper look over then

Any other ideas to get this working without the wounding/blackout effects? My single player missions are unplayable because of it (even when I play them multiplayer LAN the AI isn't interested in helping me, & I can't get back into the fight :| )

Yes, I agree with it. Any chance to have ability to switch the whole wounding/blackout effects off?

Any luck with my problem? Have been faffing about with it myself, but have realised the scripting involved here is way over my head :)

As an aside I've also noticed problems with multiplayer respawning (yep I was trying to get the mission to work in MP so when I got injured I could try respawning) : -

2 times out of 5 I'll respawn (using the base marker method) and all I can see is a black screen - if I hit escape I can see normally, however when I hit continue it all goes black again..... I can hear my character moving/shooting etc, but can't seem to get my view back again whatever i try.

Also noticed that when I use a vehicle respawn script (mr murray's) that whilst the armour & cars etc respawn without problem if I try to spawn a helo of any kind the aircraft will respawn without prompting/damage automatically during the helo spin-up cycle (just after the pilot reports 'no fuel'). Odd.

Any help appreciated with (1). Problem (2) is a nuisance, but not critcal.

cheers

Hiya. I absolutely love this mod and find ARMA unplayable without it. However, there is one issue that drives me absolutely nuts. Maybe I have overlooked a solution or haven't look hard enough, but is it possible to view OTHER groups in the editor besides the A.C.E. unit groups?