sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

We will research and try to resolve the issue or otherwise temporary remove the system until the problem has been fully resolved :)

Thanks. And good luck. You did a fantastic job so far. You've even managed to lure an old dinosaur (i.e me) back to the community.

72;1292665']Sorry for not reading through it all' date=' but i think there is a "bug" or what you would call this. Maybe not a bug, but when you pick up weapons from a crate (my case ACE crate) the world (engine) lags, stops, chops for a very brief moment just as you change weapon. Double click the weapons one after the other and look at other AI's etc that walk around and they freeze for a millisec everytime. I cant recall that happening pre latest patch, and i dont know what other impact that can have on performance etc. Or if its even supposed to do that. I mean if the ACE team is aware of it and its being fixed.

...Or im a stupid fool and it has always been like that... But again i cant recall everything freezes briefly when i change weapons. Just throwing that out there. Might even just be on my pc?

Have a great day.

Alex[/quote']

I've not had that with ACE, but I have had a similar thing with another weapon pack. It's more than likely caused by the engine having to load a high-poly and/or large, high quality textured object. It's just one of those things.

Hmm ok. But it happens now everytime choosing any weapon. Well im not sure so i leave it for now. Thanks mate.

M110

Was doing some shooting today with the M110 and noticed that at the test range 500-700 meters the M110 cant collect hits within a heads size. Is that how it is RL? Thaught it feels a bit funny as the army (if im not mistaken) starting to use the M110 more and more for sniping. Im not saying anything here though on whats correct cause i dont know. Just thaught it felt to have a bit too much dispertion. Was thinking of testing them all and save results maybe. Might be valuable to someone.

This is what it looked like at 700 meters. Bipods out. Getting back air into lungs between each shot (if that even matters when bipods are out etc?).

Screen: http://web.comhem.se/aphex/M110_ACE.jpg

Regards

Alex

I''m just curious what happen to all the Iraq modern warfare mod stuff. Like the hummv's with the gunner shields on the back, and all that good stuff.

Hey, sorry, seems my reply from yesterday got lost somehow :eek:

Please move ace_sys_disposal.* away from the Mod Addons folder to see if it resolves your issues.

We will research and try to resolve the issue or otherwise temporary remove the system until the problem has been fully resolved :)

OK, I moved the two files out of the addons folder and played another stock scenario and I'm still getting the crashes. Just wanted to give you an update.

Hey guys I tried patch 1.09 over the weekend awesome work but I have an issue with the fitness of the player. He is way unfit! In fact to the point where he shouldn't even be capable of passing a basic fitness test IRL. Any chance for a look at this?

SUBS17: make sure you check the weight you're carrying. With just a rifle and couple of mags you can run almost forever :)

Is the fitness performance governed by Character class because SF soldiers should be 25% fitter than an average infantry soldier.

Is the fitness performance governed by Character class because SF soldiers should be 25% fitter than an average infantry soldier.

I think it might be actually, I'm sure that I've had to stop more often with a civilian carrying the same weight as a soldier.

Hi all just a question ... does A.C.E. Mod change the A.I. skills and precisions value written in the ArmA Profile in game?

my value:

skillFriendly=1.000000;

skillEnemy=0.500000;

precisionFriendly=0.500000;

precisionEnemy=0.070000;

Beause i really find the game harder using the mod...if so is there a way to set the skills also using your FANTASTIC Mod?

thanks

Aloha

Since I got Arma 2 now I don't see me finishing up this ACE coop mission on Schmalfelden for 6 players. So here it is:

Download

It comes in 2 versions, _i has instant respawn (with 90sec delay) and _r uses norrins revive script. The _r one is untested so far.

You play some spetznas and your objective is to kill an officer and destroy an artillery emplacement. DAC populates most of the land and there are quite a few different positions for officer/artillery so it's more dynamic.

What I would have liked to change:

- the available loadout is too much, a complete ACE_East crate, so limit yourself a bit

- guards in base not properly set up

- number of enemies, we didn't play enough/with enough people to properly balance it. But it should be pretty good and it fluctuates because of DAC.

Great work. Any chance to tell me how to select UI features of your mod? I like the polished look of the menus and the background in sepia colors. But I would rather use the old loading screens without ACE logo and camo look. How do I do this?

Besides? Is there any complete list of changed classes? especially ammo classes for sounds? I can't find them but need it to use my personal soundmod with ACE.

I recently put tried to Mando_Bombs(script version) in a mission I made with ACE. None of the features that require Mando_Missiles worked. The documentation says that Mand_Missiles needs to initialized for some of the those features, such as Armed_Recon, and Cruise_Missiles_Attack.

My question is, How do I utilize the Mando_Missiles present in ACE, to satisfy the requirements for Mando_Bombs?

Edited by Two Dogs

;1303430']Mado Airsupport Console

I recently put tried to Mando_Bombs(script version) in a mission I made with ACE. None of the features that require Mando_Missiles worked. The documentation says that Mand_Missiles needs to initialized for some of the those features' date=' such as Armed_Recon, and Cruise_Missiles_Attack.

My question is, How do I utilize the Mando_Missiles present in ACE, to satisfy the requirements for Mando_Bombs?[/quote']

Hi Coyle, sorry for this incompatibility issue.

I'll check in with the guys who handle the Mandoble systems over at ACE and see if they can resolve the issue or otherwise support you.

Stay tuned!

How would you go about scripting the placement of a claymore?

Putting a satchel like this works fine.

unit1 fire ["pipebombmuzzle","pipebombmuzzle","pipebomb"]

What would the array be for the claymore?

Edited by Two Dogs

Is the DogTag feature working?

I set "ACE_DogTagOn=true" in the init and my dead friend was out of uniform. No tags.

So I just played it in MP today - had a few problems.

The most annoying bit was that the medical system didn't work. We were to guys playing, and it was always my buddy who got examined, even when he was trying to examine me. That meant he couldn't treat me, so I would bleed out. He also couldn't use the NV auto adjust unless he was close to me.

What am I missing?

What mission were you playing?

What addons besides ACE were you using?

If you have ACE, ACE Island Pack, and OPX afgan village / Avgan IRAQ addons, Head over to the 506th Server. Someone there will help you.

Just filter 506th on the server list.

question again: any chance to get a whole list of ACE classes, for soundmodding? and where to have arma loading screen but keep those nice backgrounds?

another question: I don't get a proper GPS and radio model displayed on the map screen. it's only text and some background. but no casing. is this by default or is it an error. if so, how so solve it?

edit: tracers are aligned new? some opfor weapons fire red (for example shilka), some blufor fire green.

I don't get new models for AK74SU, not included yet? while AK74 seems to be the RHS model (confirmed by checking addon internals)

Edited by Makake

I saw where you can get the PDM magazines with:

_mags =  _unit call ACE_Sys_Ruck_RuckMagazines

But I couldn't find anything for ACE_weapononback. Is this something thats checkable?

Found some weird thing: when I start the game as tank commander and switch to gunner's position, after taking some dammage AI player is bailed out from tank (from commander's place) and then doesn't move. Also he can't engage any target.

:yay:

You just revived it, the community will be greatfull for all your work you have done to revive things.............thank you so much!!!