sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

Maybe I should just restate my questions here.

ACE_weapononback

I saw where you can get the PDM magazines with:

Code:

_mags = _unit call ACE_Sys_Ruck_RuckMagazines

But I couldn't find anything for ACE_weapononback. Is this something thats checkable?

and..

Clymore

How would you go about scripting the placement of a claymore?

Putting a satchel like this works fine.

Code:

unit1 fire ["pipebombmuzzle","pipebombmuzzle","pipebomb"]

What would the array be for the claymore?

and finally..

Dog Tags

Is the DogTag feature working?

I set "ACE_DogTagOn=true" in the init and my dead friend was out of uniform. No tags.

I believe I put these int he Dev Hev ACE General Discussion thread as well.

I follow this thread as thoroughly as I can, because this MOD sparked new life into a game that was dying fast. I try to keep my guys engaged with new missions and MODs until we can all convert to A2 together. If these subjects have been covered earlier in this thread. I apologize, but I got no hits when searching my topics.

Loved it when it first came out and still do.

Give me some time Coyle and I might be able to get some answers for you.

I can confirm dogtags work - I use them in a private clan mission. Did use a gamelogic for the activating that feature?

;1306179']I saw where you can get the PDM magazines with:

_mags =  _unit call ACE_Sys_Ruck_RuckMagazines

But I couldn't find anything for ACE_weapononback. Is this something thats checkable?

Here you go:

_weapon = _unit getVariable "ACE_weapononback";

Remember to check this where the unit is local.

Sorry for the akward pause. My system crashed and my HD with it. Now down to one and trying to recover mission data.

i'll edit this latter to respond.

I'm trying to add a backpack with some medical supplies to the units in my mission from a .sqf, it's just that it won't equip the items, only the backpack itself.

s1 addWeapon "ACE_FAST_PackEDC";
s1 addMagazine "ACE_Bandage_PDM";
s1 addMagazine "ACE_Bandage_PDM";
s1 addMagazine "ACE_Morphine_PDM";
s1 addMagazine "ACE_Morphine_PDM";
s1 addMagazine "ACE_Epinephrine_PDM";

What am I missing?

@maxter

Taken from the ACE Wiki: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ACE_Features#Rucksack_System

the operations with ruck magazines can no longer be done using native functions 'addmagazine', 'removemagazine' and 'magazines'. There are three new functions created to do just that:

[_unit,"ACE_15Rnd_9x19_B_M9_PDM",4] call ACE_Sys_Ruck_AddRuckMagazine

Will add 4 pistol mags to _unit. You can also use

@Evil_Echo

There is no Game Logic for Dog Tags, that I see in the editor. I put

ACE_DogTagOn=true;

in the init.sqf

@HulkingUnicorn

Why the different commands? Call vs. Getvariable ? But thanks just the same.

As the weapon on back variable just consists of a single classname, it's a lot easier to work with than the rucksack magazines (I believe that variable looks something like [["mag1_pdm", 5],["mag2_pdm", 2]]), the functions included in ace makes getting those magazines without the pdm stuff with less effort.

Not sure if there is a function for getting the wob, but getting/setting the variable directly is simple enough.

I actually did check the ACE wiki but apparently I didn't look close enough. Thanks for the help, I'll read up on it. :)

;1317761']

@Evil_Echo

There is no Game Logic for Dog Tags' date=' that I see in the editor. I put

ACE_DogTagOn=true;

in the init.sqf

[/quote']

There is no ACE-specific game logic for enabling dogtags. I just like to use vanilla game logics to bundle up all my ACE flags in one spot that can be seen from the mission editor vs the init.sqf. Your method works fine too.

BTW, I did find code for claymore placement, but need to test it to see what can and cannot be done with it before posting any details. It's a doing the job right kind of thing. :)

Yeah,

@Evil_Echo

Placed GL and put

ACE_DogTagOn=true;

in init field and still nothing. Just a dead guy. No tag.

I had this idea lately, some form of "reload on walking" could be done in ArmA1. So, when pressing the reload key, these are the actions:

- remove the magazine from weapon

- display "reloading..." hint

- play reloading sound

- wait 3 seconds

- put a full magazine back in weapon.

No more reloading animation but you can reload the weapon on the move. The smoother movement may compensate the lack of reloading animation. Im gonna put a ticket too, I think it may be interesting.

IMHO I don't think the ACE Team needs anymore Feature Requests. They have already moved on to ArmA2. But, I would like to see the implementation of the features they initially offered but had not instituted. Such as Mortars, Large Bandages, IVs, Splints, OH58. and others.

Love the ACE

Yep, I know, still a lot of people out there playing Ace on Arma1...

For now i already hate your Mod !

Why ?

I`m one of the Bier AIG Server Admins and everytime someone connects with ACE on to our Servers which are running without that Mod the Server crash down and need to be startet new.

As Modder u should let the People who download your Mod know that they have to watch on which Server they connect and the Servers they connect to needs to have the Mod also running to work properly and don`t crash the Server.

The Mod is good, but that People can crash Servers without the Mod is not good and makes our Banlist growing, because we kick and ban averyone using ACE or XAM on non XAM eg. non ACE Servers.

You should think about that and find a Way to solve that Problem.

P.S. :

Nobody cares about what is writen on our Page about connecting with ACE and the resulting ban, also it is in our Server Config, but no one Reads what the Server brings up as Message. We also Named the Server with "Bier AIG COOP ACE ---> Ban" but no one cares, what the Hell, i don`t care anymore about it and ban immediately everyone who connects with your Mod.

Edited by Tuxinator

For now i already hate your Mod !

Why ?

I`m one of the Bier AIG Server Admins and everytime someone connects with ACE on to our Servers which are running without that Mod the Server crash down and need to be startet new.

As Modder u should let the People who download your Mod know that they have to watch on which Server they connect...

As a server admin you should know how to set up your server properly. It's your own fault that you allow people to join with anything in their addon folder.

I know about the Thing u mean, but if we let our Server run with Signature Check on, the Server turns into a Snail after a little Time gets slower and slower until it stops.

Also its not our Fault that your Mod uses renamed Files for the Stock Units that results in a Memory Error after someone connected to the Server with your Mod while the Server runs without it. So in my Eyes its your Turn to prevent that this can happen.

Edited by Tuxinator

I have to say this is the best mod for Arma I'm amazed even the sub cal is modeled for the Mod 3.

@Bier AIG Freak

Turn your Sig checks on. This is the best, if not one of the best Full conversions ever. My server runs ACE, ACEIP, and OPX Islands. We have few, if any problems at all.

This sounds like a case of poor sever config. Modders have no responsibility to Admins, other than to give them the proper info that allows the admin to config correctly. If you need help then ask.

P.S.

Whats the Name of your server. I think that's one I'd like to be banned from.

;1322858']@Bier AIG Freak

P.S.

Whats the Name of your server. I think that's one I'd like to be banned from.

Dido on that One Coyle.

Bier AIG Freak

Why come on a forum and spout crap like that. Do your home work and figure it out yourself. Ask questions, pose solutions to work towards a constructive and hopefully successful end.

Or come to the forum , whine and chew that EVERYONE else is at fault for your issues.

Productive.

You are wasting my Forum pages with crap.

ACE ROCKS, the ACE TEAM ARE AWESOME.

Thanks for your hard work and I hope to see it in ARMA II.

Styxx42

Another solution for Bier AIG:

equalModRequired=1;

Write it down in server.cfg, inform players what mods to use (or not) and check BIKI before bothering people.

Edited by zGuba

Quick question; Does the AI know how to unpack stuff from their rucksack if I equip them with one?

Ugh, I have to reinstall ACE all over again , I have built another computer. I am downloading something , its ACE Full at 702 MB, but I had at least 2Gigs of data from ACE in my last computer. Was there an update while I was out? I see patch 1.03 and 1.04. Is there a latest download?

1.09 is what you are looking for i believe, there should be a full 1.08 install, and then a 1.09 patch and you are good to go.