sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

Silly question number #321423:

Would it be possible to enable russian voices just for the OPFOR/REDFOR units through "ace_clientside_config.hpp"?

Hey guys, im posting this a bit in frustration tbh.

I often fly the A10 while playing with ACE and quite frankly its getting annoying that a coax round fired from an armoured unit cannot only hit the pilot but knocks the pilot unconcious. This is really annoying and seen as the a10 has a titanium bath tub around the pilot this should not happen. Is there anyway you guys could look into this?

Maybe add something for fastjet pilots to not be knocked out by the slightest thing? Or even change the blackout effect for the pilot so we can at least see the action menu to hit "Auto Land"?

Cheers....

Big problems on ACE 1.08 with VTS multilayer coop mission editor

there some freezes when someone fire a bullet (for all players connected)

there is no problem in 1.07

the mission

http://hutch.web.free.fr/gonza/vts/ACE_Co25_VTS2_EN_Gonza_rev_V16.Sara.pbo

in this video you ca see the probleme

edit : I have found the problem

it is a satellite script who cause the mater

ACE_Co25_VTS2_EN_Gonza_rev_V16.Sara\Satellite\init.sqf

I dont know why ? (I have desactivated the satellite)

Edited by gonza

72;1287339']Think i saw something about CTD's with v1.08? Anyone else have it? I made a small straight forward mission to test some things and everytime the fight kinda kick in for real i CTD. Afghan Village' date=' (D) USMC units, VDV units, M113's, UAZ's.

Im trying to see what is doing this but it takes some time to find who or what is responsible. But it never happened with 1.07.

Alex[/quote']

I'm getting a lot of CTD's with 1.08. I thought it was my video drivers so I rolled back to the previous version but no luck. Is there a way to uninstall just 1.08 and go back to 1.07?

I'm getting a lot of CTD's with 1.08. I thought it was my video drivers so I rolled back to the previous version but no luck. Is there a way to uninstall just 1.08 and go back to 1.07?

It's caused by AI firing disposable AT launchers, hoping for a fix soon. In the meantime, you just have to make sure that AI units don't have any M136s, LAWs, RPG 22,27 or 29s. :)

It's caused by AI firing disposable AT launchers, hoping for a fix soon. In the meantime, you just have to make sure that AI units don't have any M136s, LAWs, RPG 22,27 or 29s. :)

Thanks for the info. I was starting to think my computer was going bad.

Big problems on ACE 1.08 with VTS multilayer coop mission editor

there some freezes when someone fire a bullet (for all players connected)

there is no problem in 1.07

the mission

http://hutch.web.free.fr/gonza/vts/ACE_Co25_VTS2_EN_Gonza_rev_V16.Sara.pbo

in this video you ca see the probleme

edit : I have found the problem

it is a satellite script who cause the mater

ACE_Co25_VTS2_EN_Gonza_rev_V16.Sara\Satellite\init.sqf

I dont know why ? (I have desactivated the satellite)

Thanks for the Report and reproduction. Moved your data into a ticket: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/1571

Thanks for all the reports and feedback!

I'm happy to announce the release of Patch 9 (Hotfix). Little bigger than wished for but solves a few severe issues leading to crashes and problems.

http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/81

Mirrors very welcome, the 6thsense ones are limited atm so if you get a login-prompt, please try again later.

Mirror @Kelly's Heroes added to the wiki ;)

Cheers..

[KH]Cross

Wow thanks ACE team! Much appreciated!! :)

Alex

NP have fun :)

More mirrors are available now :) Thanks a lot to all mirror'ers!

Sickboy: I notice in the unit drop down CLASSES they are not called "ACE" as tag anymore? They are called "AE US ARMOR". AE instad of ACE. Is that correct? Not that it bothers me just curious.

EDIT: WOW the 3D craters are amazing! Good f-ing work! But they dont cover yet? Can see through them (semi transparent) and i can shoot through them. Maybe only works on BIS maps? Looks great though.

Thanks again guys! Amazing work you do. :)

Cheers

Alex

Edited by Alex72

is there a problem with the ACEMod update check program. I have ACE version 1.07 but when I try and run the update check program I get this message "Redirection failed, Site Down? www.acemod.net/d_arma_z317504824.php?d=/" I've been trying it now for a couple of days and same message every time.

Thanks for any assistance

Hey Sickboy quick question m8...

Is there a way i can extract the content of this update from the .exe?

As i have posted previously, running .exe files on my squad's server it a real pain. If i could access to the changed files i can just upload the new versions.

Thanks in advance...

72;1289836']Sickboy: I notice in the unit drop down CLASSES they are not called "ACE" as tag anymore? They are called "AE US ARMOR". AE instad of ACE. Is that correct? Not that it bothers me just curious.

Thanks again guys! Amazing work you do. :)

Cheers

Alex

Per the changelog:

*** Ace tag is now represented by "Æ" to shorten class names in Editor tabs [Rocko]

Hey Sickboy quick question m8...

Is there a way i can extract the content of this update from the .exe?

As i have posted previously, running .exe files on my squad's server it a real pain. If i could access to the changed files i can just upload the new versions.

Thanks in advance...

Hi, yes you can extract the content, more info here: http://dev-heaven.net/ezfaq/show/ace-mod?faq_id=30

However I would recommend verifying if files got removed from the Addons folder, as simply unpacking the data will not take care of this.

(I would recommend verifying versus the amount of addons on your client, possibly some tool/automation for it?)

is there a problem with the ACEMod update check program. I have ACE version 1.07 but when I try and run the update check program I get this message "Redirection failed, Site Down? www.acemod.net/d_arma_z317504824.php?d=/" I've been trying it now for a couple of days and same message every time.

Thanks for any assistance

Hi, Sorry but the "auto updater" is currently offline, and will probably remain this way until ACE2, hopefully extended with "Torrent" as option.

The updates are available from the Download Page though: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ACE#Releases

Edited by Sickboy

Per the changelog:

Yeah... Too quick again. Should learn to read better. Point taken. Thanks Manzilla.

Alex

I am afraid that the Fee aim range has not been reintroduded as it were in version 1.07. :(

Thank you for the fast update, though!

Heres the new craters. Unfortunately they wont stop bullets, and if you look really close, they are partly transparent. Still, they look cool :)

Arma2009-05-2622-19-05-61.jpg?t=1243372510

Edited by sparks50

M107 & AS50 ammo seems to be a bit off.

For the M107 it seems the HE bullets wont explode.

For the AS50 neither the tracers nor the HE seems to work.

Tested on Rhamadi a quickie.

Regards

Alex