sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

hey guys can any of you link me to some single player missions which use A.C.E features?

Thanks in advance :cool:

How do you report bugs found in this addon ?

Is there a bug tracker etc ?

Another possible bug: Stinger and Strela missiles don't cause enough damage, as they can't down an RHS Hind, regardless of where the shot is fired from or the speed of the helicopter.

Noticed this too but it's not a great example, could be that the RHS Hind armour values are too high. I know Hinds are likened to flying tanks but the Soviets lost dozens of them to irregular forces in Afghanistan...

Daniel;1284455']Noticed this too but it's not a great example' date=' could be that the RHS Hind armour values are too high. I know Hinds are likened to flying tanks but the Soviets lost dozens of them to irregular forces in Afghanistan...[/quote']

Right, the current armour value is 60. What do you recommend I change it to? It can't be too low obviously, but it needs to be vulnerable to stingers.

EDIT: 60 is already lower than the armour of the Apache (70), and seeing as both are supposedly capable of withstanding 23mm rounds, I'm not going to lower the armour value. Therefore I think the Stinger and Strela damage should increase, I can't really see the harm it would cause balance-wise.

Edited by Simon C

Ah ok, looks like you're right. Had no idea what its value was compared to ACE choppers.

I have a couple questions about this mod.

Is it supposed to take 5 minutes just to start up?

It took me that long just to get past the 'please wait...' and 'recieving' parts while loading the menu, then when I got there it was extremely choppy.

Another thing, I switched the game to 16:9, 1920x1080, and it was displaying in fullscreen, with huge black bars on the sides.

I haven't played regular ArmA with this monitor yet so I don't know if it's an issue there too, but I'm about to check.

Is this normal? :(

EDIT: Well it seems ArmA doesn't even want to start up, I get past the BIS logos and all that, then I just get hit with a black screen.

You'd think by patch 1.14 it'd actually be a functioning game... :S Though I've never had these issues before, so I dunno.

Edited by h.IV+[I.esus]

;1284658']EDIT: Well it seems ArmA doesn't even want to start up' date=' I get past the BIS logos and all that, then I just get hit with a black screen.

You'd think by patch 1.14 it'd actually be a functioning game... :S Though I've never had these issues before, so I dunno.[/quote']

I've actually had that issue in the past (the black screen freeze), no one was able to help me with finding what caused it - I know it's not ACE related, rather it's system specific.

problems? i havent noticed any problems so far. and becuase the BIS units are boring and plain.

ACE can add whatever units they want for the addon, but shouldn't replace that which is already working effectively, even if some think they are 'boring and plain'. Considering that the shadows are broken on the army wdl models (probably fixed in the next version) and the many/some/all (?) usmc models (or too many combined) cause blurry textures on my system, I'm pretty much forced to using these models.

Maybe they don't look 'cool', but they can fire their weapon like any other model, and that's what counts for me.

Sickboy: did you enter that issue with damage and strange values for modern Russian ammo?

I've actually had that issue in the past (the black screen freeze), no one was able to help me with finding what caused it - I know it's not ACE related, rather it's system specific.

It's cool, I did a full ArmA and ACEmod reinstall and magically it's working fine. :)

im kidna wandering if the ACE team is aware of the mistake they made on the ace shell cassing in 1.07.

its causing a significant drop in FPS.

edititing my config dosnt even work. it wont shut them off.

A.C.E. Mod Patch 8 has been Released! http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/72

In dire need of mirrors, thanks! (Please add to BIKI Downloads Page)

Release Highlights include:

• Fixed FACEBUG (Finally!)
  • Optimized Performance
  • Removed broken / problematic scripts

Edited by Sickboy

Is it possible to host from a different place? I can't seem to download it from there, requests a username/password.

Is it possible to host from a different place? I can't seem to download it from there, requests a username/password.

+1.

And the Release Notes & Changelog link on BI Community is wrong, it's linking to the 1.07 changelog.

1.08 Changelog is here:

http://dev-heaven.net/versions/show/69

+1.

And the Release Notes & Changelog link on BI Community is wrong, it's linking to the 1.07 changelog.

1.08 Changelog is here:

yeah im getting the same thing. i wont download till i see what im downloading...

New: ace_sys_disposal - handles disposable launchers, added 3-staged M136 models (safe, armed, used) [Zguba]

Disposable AT4s? :D

Cant wait to try it out

The Download Link works fine, the concurrent connections are simply limited; try again later

In dire need of mirrors, thanks! (Please add to BIKI Downloads Page)
+1.

1.08 Changelog is here:

It's a wiki, please feel free to fix :)

It's not in the changelog, but there are new weapon sounds. :)

Edited by tpM
typo

The wiki page with the downloads, i added a mirror :) to the patch only.

Hi!

Just here to say few things of the so far awesome ACE mod, thanks for giving it to us! :)

You have used Jonny's Marines and SF units, but why not use some other to replace the infantry? BIS infantry is kinda old fashion with PASGT and Woodland IBA.. I remember Cameron mcDonald made some kickass units, have you asked him, maybe he could give you permission to use his units. Also UH60 Navy variant would be awesome and maybe in future a V22 for the marines. also, the SLX Fire is cool. Can ignite players etc... Also to comment the backbag idea: Its simply stunning... I also would like to ask this: How can I place paratrooppers in editor? I add empty parachute, and put unit into it with "player moveindriver parachutename", but I cant steer, or see the chute itself.But as normally I start from air as supposed.

Great mod in total, adds alot more to do in ArmA, and I am very greatful for all who have been part in making this, and are making this in future :)