sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

anyway it wouldn't be a bad idea to add an invisible rucksack class so people using other countries armies containing units with backpacks attached to the model by default could make their own replacements

anyway it wouldn't be a bad idea to add an invisible rucksack class so people using other countries armies containing units with backpacks attached to the model by default could make their own replacements

I don't think making a change that would appear to be a bug to players would be a good idea.

And in some games players can pick up and change their rucksacks. So do we have invisible rucksacks in the crates that medics and engineers can pick up? huh.gif

I think it's better to just use models without rucks, other modders can easily make an ACE version of their replacement packs.

Daniel @ Jan. 27 2009,23:54)]
Daniel,Jan. 27 2009,23:54]ACE should use the RKSL flight model. The BIS one doesn't take into account the fact that engines generate thrust.

It is used. You are already flying the advanced version, which is performing good. Especially in comparison to the stock A10.

blah rofl.gif , i know what stall is but, the engines die totally, at least there should be warning signals, its about to happen or it happened. Even in level flight the power doesnt comes up much after ... i dont know what it is, thats why im posting here. Does the stall kill the engines or does it only shut them off?

Also the RL A-10 can fly quite tight turns, look at some footage that thing flies like a modelplane wink_o.gif ... and even in properly simulated flightsims i have to work hard to kill my machine so totally. And in ArmA i have no problem with the stall itself but i guess theres a " max. airframe speed" somewhere just like with the wgl helos, and that kills/shutoffs my engines. the thrust is totally gone. Would be nice to get a hint when powering on the hog, telling me max. airframe speed 760 or something. Or a reply confirming this.

The stall isnt my biggest problem but the engines failing. I dont care if its a bug or a feature as long as i know what not to do. And please dont tell me "dont fly tight corners"... nargh... rofl.gif

I have never experienced that. You might describe in detail what you are doing and what is happening (mentioning Angles/speed will help here).

The engine doesnt shut down at any point. Please prove me wrong if it does by naming details when it happens.

Somwhere around 760km/h (maybe above) the excelleration of the engines isnt that high anymore, so you will expereince a max speed limit.

I will look at the acceleration arrays, because the maxspeed of the A10 is higher. But for balancing all Aircrafts in ArmA, they  might get slightly slower than in RL.

i'm just curious if the ACE team is going to update the sounds. like ya know, distant gunshots? they need work..hah.

best of luck. love ACE! biggrin_o.gif

I'd like to say that i am extremely impressed with this addon. Keep up the good work.

@Aushilfe

My bad! Assumed since someone had complained that it hadn't been tweaked yet, apologies. Will check in future.

Maddmatt,

Do you think in time info could be shared how to add a custom made ruck into ACE? I was looking into some custom work for my squad-in-the-works but didn't want to have work done on a ruck already attached to the models that are just for looks with no function (which would thus cause that really funny looking dual-ruck look, hehe). So if there is a way of making it separate and getting it to function on ACE--that's great news!

Also, could anyone explain to this idiot in a more user-friendly way (for us idiots) how to be able to pack mag's from other non-ACE included weapons (like AAW F88 Steyr Pack and such for example)? I read the bit in the features section but it sort of went over my head, hehe. banghead.gif <embarrassed>

By the way, for those that got annoyed by the trembling old man weapon swaying...I disabled the pbo and aside from the weaponrest notice on startup--everything works like a charm. I still get a bit of sway especially when injured but it's not as drastic anymore.

What more can I say but "hot diggity-damn I love the ACE mod!" notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Hi guys

Thanks for a fantastic mod!

was just wondering; would it be possible for the ACE team to stick a fuel gauge in the tanks/bradley (driver position)? Or is this an engine limitation?

Was wondering if there are plans to implement the Multiple rifles/weapons script in ACE?

Obviously modified so that the possession of a secondary rifle will affect weight carried by the unit and thus the fatigue system (Soldiers are a tad unfit if you ask me but I think that's been done to death here.).

Would be pretty good if you could considering some units such as scout snipers tend to carry a secondary rifle and in CQB teams a breaching shotgun.

All ready use it in missions I play with mates as a side thing but I'm pretty sure you could implement it similarly to your rucksack system.

I must say outstanding work! Although, I have one remark. I feel the weapon sway in crouched and standing is way too much. When I have a scoped rifle (such as the M24) it is very difficult to engage targets when your rifle jumps around, even with your breath held. I suggest this be lowered as the "Resting Weapon Script" is only useful for urban areas. It doesn't help me one bit out in the forest. I would like to not have to fight my rifle when trying to make shots that save (virtual) lives.

Just, my $0.02. This mod is truly excellent and you guys should be extremely proud.

P.S. Possibly try to make the rifles zeroed for 300m, would really help to be able to shoot out past 1000m.

Same, the mod is great, but the weapon sway even though I never ran is HORRID. I died many times trying to fire at enemies who come out of nowhere just because the weapon sway is impossible for me to shoot back. Yes, it's that bad lol, but everything else in the mod is great. But just because of that weapon sway problem I can't enjoy the game. sad_o.gif

P.S. Possibly try to make the rifles zeroed for 300m, would really help to be able to shoot out past 1000m.

Press SHIFT+V. You can adjust elevation and windage for any scope that has the needed knobs IRL (Leupold, other sniper rifle/DMR scopes).

I agree on the weapon sway being a bit over-the-top.

the Attachment grenade launcher has become a bit more effective now that Ive figured out how to use them.

First find the range to the bad-guy, press shift+V, then the expected distance the grenade will travel is displayed in a black box to the higher left of the screen.

Rise the rifle until the correct range is displayed, fire, and watch your grenade impact with great precision smile_o.gif

The WeaponSway is being looked at, thanks for the various reports guys.

Could somebody help me? I get odd looking faces with A.C.E mod sad_o.gif

Like this:

problem.jpg

I could also use advices for setting ACE to dediserver. I can use installer there, so what files and folders i do have sent to game hoster. Didnt see any read me file for server settings  whistle.gif

Melted faces bug:
it is linked to ACE.

Next time try relaunching the game   in-local mode and do not use world=empty

This fixes it for a number of ppl...

good luck..

I know it's a lot of work to read through 75 pages of threads, which is why I'm bothering to repost this.

In the future, if you want to find something in a long thread, the best solution is to hit the "Print thread" button and then do a word search.

I had also the melting faces bug but it dissapeared after i removed the -nosplash on my shortcut!!

Thanx for tips smile_o.gif How about that server thing? Do i need anything else than @ACE folder?

I had also the melting faces bug but it dissapeared after i removed the -nosplash on my shortcut!!

That's hiliarous. Corrupted data? It reminds me of randomly spoiled BIS Javelin model.

My friends and I played last night and had the melting face effect when we started in a vehicle when we changed to start outside the vehicle it resolved the problem.we tried it about 12 times (bug testing) and came up with consistant results.

AFAIK It's caused by the custom islands

If you have -world= command in your shortcut you have to delete it. It always appear when you connect directly to the server (for example by YOMA).

@ Jan. 29 2009,09:44)]

Press SHIFT+V. You can adjust elevation and windage for any scope that has the needed knobs IRL (Leupold, other sniper rifle/DMR scopes).

But, 0 MOA is 100m, and the limit for sight adjustment is 1000m. I have been able to take shots at 1600m+ with the sight adjustment mod, not with ACE. So I am just saying for rifles make the 0 MOA value at 300m, snipers at maybe 500m.

@ Jan. 29 2009,09:44)]

But, 0 MOA is 100m, and the limit for sight adjustment is 1000m. I have been able to take shots at 1600m+ with the sight adjustment mod, not with ACE. So I am just saying for rifles make the 0 MOA value at 300m, snipers at maybe 500m.

For those who are looking for further realism when using scoped weapons, there is one more feature in the client side config.

Quote[/b] ]

class ACE_SIGHT_ADJUSTMENT_RIFLE_CONFIG

{

enable_BDC = 1; //enable range adjustment on scopes with BDC, if 0 then only angular units are displayed

};

enable_BDC= 0;

MOA will be zero for the rifles default zero range.

If you turn this setting to "enable_BDC= 0;" , you will have the good old MOA settings where 0 MOA = rifle zero range.

ie you will have M24 zeroed to 300mtrs with 0 MOA. 107 will have 0 MOA at 500 mtrs.

You also have the range card to help you out with MOA values..

enable_BDC= 1

MOA=0 for 100 mtrs always. MOA will never be 0 for the default range of your rifle.

Since enable_BDC= 1 setting based/focuses on the range setting, you will not see 0 MOA or your rifles general zero-in distance. With this setting on all you need to do is to set the range you want your rifle to be zeroed at and fine tune by increasing MOA settings slightly. Probably easier to use for the casual player...

On the other hand the effective range of M24 is 800 mtrs and newer M110's is upto 1000 mtrs. If you want to go beyond 1000 mtrs, either get a M107 or use mildots..

good hunting..

Hi,

Dunno if its already been said but the AI'S have trouble dragging wounded comrades and how do you look into the scope for the designated marksman? Also how do you place satchel charges?