Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Well it looks like ArmA for sure. Recognized many familiar things from the version 1. Graphics and sound are ok.

The real deals for me are how good the new AI and campaign really are. These days I cannot even imagine of playing against vanilla ArmA's zombies.

A10 sounded good to me, i could cleary hear the "Zingggg" sound of the engine in those videos you posted"

the sound is huge!! I reconize many sound of tank mecanic with the engine sound !

is great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile_o.gif

That's a nice video, I've noticed a tiny leaf/fuzz falling at one part with Abrams tank in the background, very subtle. It's pleasant to see that M1 has a working suspension, A10 sound was rather impressive.

brilliant video cant wait for it to be released and i love the a10 sounds i dont care if there real or not they sound good.

What a day to 'Chezc' in! (har har)  Great video and news BIS.  Congrats, hope to see this on the shelves, digitally or physically, soon!  Sounds, sights, motions, navigation in close quarters on the patrols..  All good stuff!   yay.gif  inlove.gif

nice Vid and great presentation.

Now i'm looking forward to ArmA2. smile_o.gif

Top work BI, ArmA2 is looking very good, cant wait for more info to be released.

That Lav looked impressive as did the island.

thumbs-up.gif

The BH take off was way to fast and unnatural, apart from that very NICE (borat).

Cant wait...........

Btw devs and bis guys what system spec was this video from?

I'm surprised that no one has really commented on the new night vision, (unless it's just the new night shaders. If that's the case, then it looks too green  wink_o.gif ) Anyways, it looks like a nice improvement from the original Arma.

I like the A10 as well, however, I guess I'm kind of blissfully ignorant towards what it sounds like in real life. I like the first video that mr.g-c a little bit more, mostly because of how awesome it sounds. But, if I hadn't heard it first in that video then I probably would have said it was fake. confused_o.gif Youtube videos aren't known for their lifelike audio anyways. Whether BIS decides to edit it or not, though, they can't go wrong.

Youtube videos aren't known for their lifelike audio anyways. Whether BIS decides to edit it or not, though, they can't go wrong.

Very true. Low quality mics combines with loud sounds can end up with something that is very different to what you would hear with your own ears.

You need high quality recordings or to hear it for yourself to tell what something really sounds like.

Youtube videos aren't known for their lifelike audio anyways. Whether BIS decides to edit it or not, though, they can't go wrong.

Very true. Low quality mics combines with loud sounds can end up with something that is very different to what you would hear with your own ears.

You need high quality recordings or to hear it for yourself to tell what something really sounds like.

Watch very very carefully what equipment the guy has, i posted in the second video link!!! wink_o.gif

Also i heard A10 on my own as they were stationed here in germany years ago - they do sound 100% like in the Video.

There is no deep "bass" at their Engine sounds - trust me i know what i'm talking about.

However i agree that this is way better than the "vacuum-cleaner-sound" we got in Arma1 tounge2.gif

Anyway, this is now my new background Picture... this is so awesome looking...:

m1a2ey8.jpg

The a10 engine sound blew my mind. I cannot think of a better sound effect for an aircraft in any game or mod, including dedicated aircraft sims. I'm not talking about the realism of the sound, but the art/engineering side of it is stupendous. It sounds clear, it has range, it sounds plausible, and it punctuates the dramatic event of a jet flying by. The a10 now sounds like a powerful monster. I hope they redo the black hawk sounds with equal quality. Hopefully future versions will have it sound less like a two bladed helicopter.

Looks good, retextured arma with extra addons. Looking forward to it. but perhaps one addon the community needs extremely is the ability to transport Artillery,Vehicles etc. you know what I mean

nice video BIS. the a10 low pass sounded really good but its missing the characteristic high-pitched whine of the a10. here is a very good video of an a10 doing a low pass, just like in your video.

inlove.gif

it should sound a bit more like that. otherwise nice quality overall. one little thing though, there was no doppler effect when the truck drove past on the dirt road.

Also i heard A10 on my own as they were stationed here in germany years ago - they do sound 100% like in the Video.

There is no deep "bass" at their Engine sounds - trust me i know what i'm talking about.

However i agree that this is way better than the "vacuum-cleaner-sound" we got in Arma1 tounge2.gif

hmm i distinctly hear a deep bass sound in both those youtube vids but the the balance is a good bit different to the BIS version. It seems the Bass is headed towards the ultra low wich means many of us would tend to feel it more than hear it. Human hearing is in fact a very subjective thing.

But thats just my take on my limited info

At any rate the vid is fantastic and I'm for one am thankfull that not only does the the ol'Hog stay but we also get the C-130.

Cant wait to see if they've thrown in some Ruskie heavy airlift as well.

I hope they redo the black hawk sounds with equal quality. Hopefully future versions will have it sound less like a two bladed helicopter.

You know where that sound is from.... its from VBS2 and hopefully only a placeholder... There at 0:52....

Quote[/b] ]nice video BIS. the a10 low pass sounded really good but its missing the characteristic high-pitched whine of the a10. here is a very good video of an a10 doing a low pass, just like in your video.

Thats the exact same Video i posted above already, but nice you mentioned it again tounge2.gif

For completeness in case you missed it (at 2:10 and following)...

Quote[/b] ]hmm i distinctly hear a deep bass sound in both those youtube vids but the the balance is a good bit different to the BIS version. It seems the Bass is headed towards the ultra low wich means many of us would tend to feel it more than hear it. Human hearing is in fact a very subjective thing.

Well yes.... but surely much different from the way way to overpowered in the BIS Video. It sounds like i raised Volume way to much on some cheap speakers, or like using a sound editing tool and "normalize" it with +24dB (+2 times as Loud)

I think we shouldn't ride that horse to much, i'm sure they have read our feedback and the Sound-Guy will hopefully tweak it a bit (or a bit more tounge2.gif ).

Like Plaintiff said, their "Mega-SEF" 3D Sound engine turns out to be very cool.

I wonder if those C-130 Hercules planes will be flyable?

Also nice doppler effect with the A10!

clearly the new sound-engine is a massive leap forward. i am mostly impressed by the sound of the tanks / choppers / planes just standing. the abrams standing in the field "humming" blows me away.

The A10 litarally blew me away... great sound biggrin_o.gif

When I heared the tanks moving across the field and saw the soldiers sneaking through the woods I had a strange feeling... good ol' OFP feeling smile_o.gif

yay.gif

Edit

Did you read the newsticker? biggrin_o.gif 2008 news *g*

Awesome with the new sound fx inlove.gif

If I know Bis right the C-130's are flyable wink_o.gif

They usually only show vehicles that will be usable smile_o.gif

Its been previewed earlier at GC 08 press pdf's what vehicles we would get to see in the game and such smile_o.gif

Having spent a few months buried up to my eyeballs in F-35's, I'm surprised BIS got the model wrong, they are using in the video at least the prototype animations and not the productions animations.

I'm referring to the top hatches etc.

sdd_f35testb_006.jpg

Southy

Very promising trailer there, gfx are more ArmA like than i was thinking but that doesn bother me as long as the shaders and effcts make up for it and most important it runs smoother than ArmA did.

Only thing that stood out was the lod popping when the trucks passed the camera, hopefully its not that worse like in ArmA.

Maybe some smoothing method that interpolates the lod change effect would have benefits here.

being upclose to(and i mean really close) jet engine many times and i can tell you that the video isnt loud enought. rofl.gif

J/K

the engine sound of that A10 really do miss a lots of high pitch noise