Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

505 Games hope to release Arma II for the 29th May !

tounge2.gif for Western europe ! smile_o.gif more than 6week! more videos ! wink_o.gif

So far there was no Arma2 brought to tests to the german USK, which could mean that its at least 4-6 weeks until release.

(source german community forum, from official german-support "frontman")

I said repeatedly, it is still not official, but rather a personal note. wink_o.gif

All signs are for a later publication (in Germany), however this is true.

Is this like William Porter's blog? It was supposed to indicate ArmA's release, wasn't it? However William sort of lagged behind... Well he was middle of war and all, so i guess that explain a lot.

Who/Where said it was 10-11 updates?

Ideagames themselves in comments on gametrailers.com... read some pages back. whistle.gif

Member named "IdeaGames" wrote in the  comments by ArmAII_USMC_HD-Trailer (Site 6):

"This video was made to support the ARMA2 homepage update. We didn't want to make another teaser.

There will be eleven updates on http://www.arma2.com in following weeks introducing factions, weapons and vehicles in the game - this time the first and main faction - US Marine Corps.

More info will come in following weeks   ... and actually it is fully captured from ingame footage. "

He said "eleven updates" ... "in following weeks" - nothing more.

Source

ArmA2.com informs: "... will be updated with fresh news on a weekly basis."

Member named "IdeaGames" wrote in the  comments by ArmAII_USMC_HD-Trailer (Site 6):

"This video was made to support the ARMA2 homepage update. We didn't want to make another teaser.

There will be eleven updates on http://www.arma2.com in following weeks introducing factions, weapons and vehicles in the game - this time the first and main faction - US Marine Corps.

More info will come in following weeks   ... and actually it is fully captured from ingame footage. "

He said "eleven updates" ... "in following weeks" - nothing more.

Source

why would ideagames post there of all places? very strange to put information like that there where here is the big support base.

why?

11 weeks is too long to build hype. that's almsot 3 months, and people will start to get bored or there is so much revealed over and over that it becomes very much more of the same and momentum is lost. in addition, AFAIK OFP2 is due June/July 09 and people who have been disappointed by arma may choose that over arma2. I'll get both but some people feel they must choose.

i'm all for release it when its done and don't rush it - get it right. All i am saying is that if you start the hype machine now then it is best to have a reasonably close goal (6-8 weeks) the maximize interest and sales.

As I said befote : Maybe they will give us multiple updates at once ex : 2 factions or 1 faction and guerila declasified , etc.

I really do hope it will go this way , because i will probably go banghead.gif

it was supposed to be Q1 2009 now it's 26 may ?

so BIS doesn't announce when they delay something ? then don't blame people for asking and being confused

Quote[/b] ]Considering that Q1 is still in its infancy I think it's slightly premature to panic, if Q1 becomes infeasible then I'm sure we will update the situation, otherwise Q1 it is smile_o.gif

This was posted by Placebo in these forums in January. Has there been anything that counts as official?

But as none of the major re-sellers or distributors do not have ArmA2 in their upcoming releases for the Q1 it is highly unlikely to happen.

Quote[/b] ]Considering that Q1 is still in its infancy I think it's slightly premature to panic, if Q1 becomes infeasible then I'm sure we will update the situation, otherwise Q1 it is smile_o.gif

This was posted by Placebo in these forums in January. Has there been anything that counts as official?

But as none of the major re-sellers or distributors do not have ArmA2 in their upcoming releases for the Q1 it is highly unlikely to happen.

Wow ... you guys are so optimistic icon_rolleyes.gif

but some people feel they must choose.

From my point of view personally who runs an Arma clan.

Its a full time job playing/running this clan.

I think there just wouldn't be time to do/play both in a clan capacity?

Interesting . But those civ's were kinda stiff . I mean the ones that were prob not scripted.

Nice vid . Keep the news report theme !

We get cows and bigfoot rofl.gif

Nice update, nature looks great, civs would look beter when being less static. Didn't listen to the lady though, was looking at the nature so I've probably missed some story stuff.

I like the intel, although I can't really fit it in any sort of reallife info like Will's blog... so it's great game promotion and in depth information about the story and environment. Which is great. smile_o.gif

settimeforward 7days // or something like that :P

Mr.G-Cs Feedback:

+ Atmosphere Excellent

+ Environment-sounds very good

+ Landscape breathtaking (especially at bigger distances)

+ Civs have something to do

0 Some walking Animations looking good and fluid (older woman goes into church, for instance), others very stiff and choppy

0 Cow Animations (too fast and chopped)

Can't judge more from this small Video though. Very nice infos o though..... wink_o.gif

I don't know what it is, it looks like they are trying to go for that grittiness and dirty atmosphere, but I just don't get that vibe like I did with OFP while watching this.

Perhaps its the smooth textures or post processing idk... opposed to ofp being sharp and crisp, but that's what I liked.. but I guess its impossible to get around with today's graphics and whatnot.

Anyways pretty excited. My life will pretty much be overrun once this comes out. So all I can suggest is that they take their sweet time and come up with a product that will keep me going for another 6 years as did ofp.

I don't know what it is, it looks like they are trying to go for that grittiness and dirty atmosphere, but I just don't get that vibe like I did with OFP while watching this.

As long as it feels immersive, I'm expecting and actually looking foward to a new vibe. thumbs-up.gif

ofp's atmosphere was dark and cold, just think about the music compared to arma ones and you get the picture.

0 Some walking Animations looking good and fluid (older woman goes into church, for instance), others very stiff and choppy

0 Cow Animations (too fast and chopped)

Can't judge more from this small Video though. Very nice infos o though..... wink_o.gif

Have to generaly agree there.

There is something a little stiff across the back of the shoulders in some of the walk scenes I think. Noticed it also with the soldiers walking through the forest in the last vid release. Its a small thing, a very small thing, but I cant help but be a little put off when I see it.

As for the cows. LOL. I think that its OK as far cows go, but looks a bit inbetween a walk and a run. I used to work on farm and yes cows do at times move like shown but they are not usualy renowned for looking ...um...'perky.'

Anyone else recognise that flight of jets as SU-25's?

Anyways BIS have realy done some outstanding work here. My moneys as good as thiers  notworthy.gif I'm gona be bursting after 6  weeks of these teasers and who knows if thats all they got!

I think you guysare being to critical look at what others game have to offer. This game looks like GTA4 and OFP had a baby OMFG the missions we can make.

Look at the walking Animations in GTA4. You guys are being to hard and looking for things. No game will come close to what this game overall we give us. Yes somethings could have been better but other things will be less.

Like my old man told me you can't put 10lbs of crap into a 5lb bag lol

AVIBIRD 1

When playing this game keep chuck norris home

If they make the game, they will play

The truth is out there, if you look!

Quote[/b] ]Improper behavior towards the local women might cause a very rude response.

Do we get a 'drop pants in the middle of the street' option? biggrin_o.gif

I agree with AVIBIRD1, that said I like the atmosphere, the sky is more dank which reminds me of OFP, it's all bright and sunny where you can be happy happy joy joy.

The storyline is also quite interesting as well, BIS could have made the storyline between the US and racs more interesting had that one mission instead of northerns dressed as RAC's they actually were and had some motive to betray the remaining US forces....Aaanyway, this new one is quite interesting, we do have an evident bad guy but how will this all pour over.

US said they won't get involved, Russia stated they will IF they feel threatened, which leaves the government to battle against an opposing rival militia...  Yes it could be quite interesting, what a shocker it would be to see the US and Russia cooperating for ones, poor Guba would be rolling in his grave. (No that is not sarcasm, I really would be amazed)

+1 for HD trailer.

I think it looks great, for a combat simulator BI are going to alot of trouble to work on all the little things that add so much to the gaming experiance.

Nice work BI notworthy.gif