Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Well this is what ze germans get for demanding the game be released early lol. Why couldnt they wait a few more weeks like the other publishers untill all was checked off!

There was enough bitching allready,but i think its still a joke releasing the game and bring a patch out for it asap,cause the publisher cant plan their time.

I dont talk about Bug,Ki,Performance.......Lets see tomorrow,then pc games tested it with the "beta-patch....".I dont think they were that wrong with their article.

the fact that there's a review ban in effect doesn't help Morphicon/BIS, either. looks like a cover-up, even if it isn't one.

How is there a review "ban"? There's a review embargo, which is a date set whereby all press are asked not to publish their reviews or anything else based on the review code until a certain date, which I believe is Friday? Embargoes like this are extremely common in the industry, as a huge Fifa fan I'm currently waiting for their Fifa10 June 5th embargo to end so I can find out about manager mode.......

I see people here who are already fans of BIS' work are staying optimistic, but 99% of people, perhaps those keeping a casual eye on the game, are not going to be so forgiving. Personally, I don't care what the reviews say for the German release since I'll be getting the 505, if it's worth it.

*snipp* the fact that there's a review ban in effect doesn't help Morphicon/BIS, either. looks like a cover-up, even if it isn't one.*snipp*

But the fact that they broke a review enbargo is suposed to make the writers of that magazine look more serious?

just wondering

How is there a review "ban"? There's a review embargo, which is a date set whereby all press are asked not to publish their reviews or anything else based on the review code until a certain date, which I believe is Friday? Embargoes like this are extremely common in the industry, as a huge Fifa fan I'm currently waiting for their Fifa10 June 5th embargo to end so I can find out about manager mode.......

i'm aware of that. but from the customer's perspective, it always looks kind of fishy when reviews have to be held back until street day.

in my opinion, if a company believes in their product, why not let it be reviewed openly and freely so the customer can buy with confidence?

But the fact that they broke a review ban is suposed to make the writers of that magazine look more serious?

just wondering

as a potential customer, the review embargo isn't any of my concern. i want to know about the game, and i certainly want to know before buying.

Edited by Fred DM

i'd guess thats why you get previews ;)

i'm aware of that. but from the customer's perspective, it always looks kind of fishy when reviews have to be held back until street day.

in my opinion, if a company believes in their product, why not let it be reviewed openly and freely so the customer can buy with confidence?

That´s what Ubisoft does with Anno1404 (release date 25th June). :)

Well this is what ze germans get for demanding the game be released early lol. Why couldnt they wait a few more weeks like the other publishers untill all was checked off!

No german demanded a early release at all.

In fact in all Forums, people yelled formly to delay it further....

As i posted it earlier it was the Publishers fault as he ordered storing-spce in all big stores for this date and he had to pay high penalties when he not delivers the game on this date.

The Date was set out of fear from a summer release of OFP DR :rolleyes::j:

Installation errors the cause?:

Robert-Horn just posted that they did not had any installation problems on any of the 3 systems they used.

So that a bad installation was the cause could be excluded now i think.

To the Embargo:

Yes i think they violated the review embargo and as stated before i find this also highly unprofessional. On the other hand i consider this as some sort of Warning, which many of the german game-community guys have demanded the press guys since some buggy released over the last years.

New Positive report from a Communtiy guy in german Forums:

His 2.83GHz Quadcore gets utilized up to 80% by the game (He Mentioned a Firefight with 20 vs 20 tanks vs 50 Soldiers in that case). He has set now 10KM Viewdistance and it runs fluid, he had to lower shadows though as this brings his GTX9800 to its knees.

His final statement to performance is that when you have a fast Quadcore, the Graphics-Card is the Bottleneck.

Edited by mr.g-c

did it sounds like the story i told you?
In a word, no.

It's not a critics job. They're not in quality control. They play the game and tell the readers of their magazine what they think of it. Understand?

It's a critique of the retail version, the version that's going to be bought by potential customers in Germany. It's not an in-house quality assessment.

If you're determined to use an aircraft analogy it would be an airline critic on the first flight of a new airline writing an article that the flight attendants were rude, the food was shit, the cabin was too cold, there was no entertainment (ie they were flying QANTAS).

Hi all

Well I guess it proves you should always check your sources.

Any way the Rock Paper shotgun article

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/05/27/bohemia-rhapsody-arma-ii-discussion/

makes an interesting read and is the first external review of the 505 games event I have seen; most other reviews of the 505 event so far have been by community members. Thanks for posting it SaBrE_UK

Kind Regards walker

Installation errors the cause?:

Robert-Horn just posted that they did not had any installation problems on any of the 3 systems they used.

So that a bad installation was the cause could be excluded now i think.

Can't understand that, i didn't speak german, but people here told that on the "review" was posted that errors started on the installation process, but now, no errors on the installation?

Sounds strange.....

Chernarus

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these first three screenshots new?

If I'm not mistaken the are some added history to this section.

Edited by colossus

Can't understand that, i didn't speak german, but people here told that on the "review" was posted that errors started on the installation process, but now, no errors on the installation?

Sounds strange.....

Does anyone have the now deleted orginal article available somewhere?

Blablablabla.

I'll judge it when it's on my PC.

And it will be the German version too...

I couldn't care less if it has to be patched 100 times, as long as we get a decent game in the end. I'm pretty happy with Arma as it is now anyway.

I'm 100 times happier with a "buggy" Arma then generic COD, MOH clone number 6000.

Also if they dropped the article from their site, it kind of looks like they know they did SOMETHING wrong.

Edited by Yoma

oh oh, I see there will flow many blood down the river.

Shame but currently its the result of morphicons policy.

Chernarus

They look awesome :yay:

Hi all

I think we all suffer from occasional case of failing to engage the gears in our brain before letting the clutch out on our mouths.

I think the german pcgames website just had what many suffer from.

Kind Regards walker

Chernarus

Good find. Nice screenies.

My German is a bit rusty but, as far as I could tell, the original article did not mention any problems during installation.

Some people speculated about it on this thread and it soon became a "fact".

I think everyone is just really excited and awating news from their fav game sequel. :P No game is fully perfect when it is released tell me a game which has never got patched!

So patience!! This release of Arma 2 can be no where near the failures of Armed Assault so dont worry people!

New Positive report from a Communtiy guy in german Forums:

His 2.83GHz Quadcore gets utilized up to 80% by the game (He Mentioned a Firefight with 20 vs 20 tanks vs 50 Soldiers in that case). He has set now 10KM Viewdistance and it runs fluid, he had to lower shadows though as this brings his GTX9800 to its knees.

His final statement to performance is that when you have a fast Quadcore, the Graphics-Card is the Bottleneck.

I guess ill just listen to the guy who didnt have a beta-build of ArmA2 on his PC. :D

(This tread grew way too fast btw)

(ie they were flying QANTAS).

LOL. NO, NO! You mean they were flying United.

you believe that? we're talking about professional reviewers here, as well as a retail copy of the game. the fact that there's a review ban in effect doesn't help Morphicon/BIS, either. looks like a cover-up, even if it isn't one.

Aw common any slub can be a games reviewer! :rolleyes:

I knew a guy who had just got out of highscool that got to be a games reviewer its not rocket science, they judge your writing but they can't tell how experienced you are in gaming really :D

Especially in online aswell ;)

I'll just wait and se e what happens.

In a word, no.

It's not a critics job. They're not in quality control. They play the game and tell the readers of their magazine what they think of it. Understand?

It's a critique of the retail version, the version that's going to be bought by potential customers in Germany. It's not an in-house quality assessment.

If you're determined to use an aircraft analogy it would be an airline critic on the first flight of a new airline writing an article that the flight attendants were rude, the food was shit, the cabin was too cold, there was no entertainment (ie they were flying QANTAS).

They're not in quality control yes, and they play the game and tell the readers of their magazine what they think of it yes, but that doesnt mean that they are omitted from having telling developers directly what problem they have faced and what they have done to fix it, i will still break the embargo if you ask me, but by telling them those bugs are there atless i warn BI and they would know somethings wrong. (Hell, even a responsible airline critic magazine will call QANTAS/United/whatever PR telling them to address the problem no matter if they publish their article or not, and saves themself from a lots of trouble)

Edited by 4 IN 1