Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Hi all

In all the hoo haa of the latest BIS video people may have missed the latest developers blog entries that show just how BIS are getting the photo realism in ArmA.

We all know that LINDA is enabling BIS to create realistic vegetation and environments that go closer to reality than any game has ever.

linda-game2-project-thumb.jpg

http://linda.bistudio.com/pictures/linda-game2-project.jpg

Sorry Placebo thought I had changed them all

Read more here:http://linda.bistudio.com/

But there is also some amazing work being done of Faces.

Just look at how recognizable these are:

hlava_cooper_small.jpg

hlava_sykes_small.jpg

BIS are also giving back to the community by placing VBS in universities and using it to study Alzheimer’s disease.

Who knows it may even spin off into a direct brain link interface for ArmA; the future for TrackIR maybe?

img_0207_prev.jpg

Read more on the developers blog:

http://www.bistudio.com/develop....en.html

Edited for wrong file size on a realy nice picture

Kind Regards walker

Phenominal. Thanks Walker, as I was reading and glancing at the images, I was waiting for you to type 'try and tell which is real'. It took a moment to realize they were all LINDA's work.

Hi all

I do not know about anyone else but to me the Real Time in engine shots look better than the target renders. I do not know how often that happens in the development a game, but I would have said it was rare.

Kind Regards walker

walker after 7 years one would hope you'd have learned to check your filesizes before hotlinking images wink_o.gif

just noticed on the official website citizens page, Chernarussian bigfoot!

does this mean there will be tons of MP servers with people searching for it like OFP:E.

if so, good.

ArmA = Good game

ArmA = Better ArmA = Great game

Stop Complaining, if you dont want it, dont buy it; simple?

I am goignt o buy it because there ARE new cool features. Way better animations, sounds, map, AI. (and the cool looking ability to carry own troops when they're injured.

I know some of these features come in SLX or ACE mod.

BIS just needs few more things to add, and then the game would be oerfect for its time. ragdoll= not needed. The artillery would be cool wink_o.gif

just noticed on the official website citizens page, Chernarussian bigfoot!

does this mean there will be tons of MP servers with people searching for it like OFP:E.

if so, good.

Yeah may the hunt begin yay.gif We just need the good old Kolice. Amen

With all these major websites posting previews of OFP2: tick, tick, tick, all within the last the last 24 hours (in their "media blitz")... can't BI like offer up like a package as well that might grab their attention? Granted they have been releasing videos weekly inlove.gif, most websites don't even have the first trailer of the game on their website. Couldn't they like offer up some game time for a early play of Arma2 to major websites like Ign/Gamespot/Eurogamer, etc., package all their media together - send it off, and it'll be a sure sucess.

Since Codemasters started their *free* official faceback topping 2000+ members, generating a lot of word of mouth advertising. Those 2000+ members all get their status posted on their accounts, showing all their friends too..

Can't we too generate some (official) 'contests' as well that draw people in? Then again, the videos speak for themselves and simply providing them with the link is much easier... but idk, I just hate seeing OFP2 getting all the attention... *jealous much*.

I think it's total crap that ArmA2 isn't getting this much if not more attention. Send some enviroment pictures to one of those websites and people will be going nuts. They'll surely drop ofp2 hype for a while considering the ultimate fail by codemasters.

Victor i think the key for it "Who laughs last, laughs longest." smile_o.gif

I think it's for ArmA II's best interest to not have these popular sites jump all over the game with quick previews.

Let 'us' the people who play arma and ofp and follow BIS do the talking for the community and have those big sites jump on the ArmA II hype with the reviews and wait for the comparison reviews wink_o.gif

I believe we all will agree that Dwarden's words are true when that happen.

Hi all

Do the following:

Do a search on Google for ArmA and click the news option 4th link from the left at the top.

Consider the results.

Now do the same for OFP2

Anyone mention the word pariah?

Kind Regards walker

As long as bi keep tv final product as bug free and as functional as possible and give us a demo before the release to check out playability (which 10 times better then ofp2 I hope)then I will have a big smile on my big face

Hi all

Do the following:

Do a search on Google for ArmA and click the news option 4th link from the left at the top.

Consider the results.

Now do the same for OFP2

Kind Regards walker

Woah. That's harsh. Karma?

Funny thing, if you search for both OFP2 and ArmA, look at the 4th list item down, Images or Videos. None for ArmA, but at least the same respect of videos and layout for ArmA2 as OFP2.

Hi all

Do the following:

Consider the results.

Now do the same for OFP2

Kind Regards walker

That's an amazing experiment.

I like how the first news result for 'ArmA' is proposing that ArmA 2 is the best looking game of all time.

I like how the first news result for 'ArmA' is proposing that ArmA 2 is the best looking game of all time.

I really loved the video results for a change wink_o.gif

arma 2 returns 2 YT videos (2x ARMA 2 - Full HD ingame trailer declassified!wink_o.gif on the first page.

ofp2 returns some really crappy image compilation and this:

YouTube - OFP2 - Exclusive video - Grenade!!

I really loved the video results for a change wink_o.gif

arma 2 returns 2 YT videos (2x ARMA 2 - Full HD ingame trailer declassified!wink_o.gif on the first page.

ofp2 returns some really crappy image compilation and this:

YouTube - OFP2 - Exclusive video - Grenade!!

Yeah ...

All this info about OFP2 sounds very promising. Still no hard evidence about anything. Only pics and words. Are there only soldiers on this island?

@Törni

Yeo it was mentioned in the past that the island skira was evacuated. BIS doesn't make it so simple: they included civilians! Far more interesting than only west vs ost smile_o.gif

All this info about OFP2 sounds very promising. Still no hard evidence about anything. Only pics and words. Are there only soldiers on this island?

Hi all

Apparently no Civilians or jets according to Codemasters' forums.

When you say promising news do you mean this?

http://news.google.co.uk/news?so....&tab=wn

Makes you happy BIS are around to produce ArmA II.

Kind Regards walker

When you say promising news do you mean this?

Makes you happy BIS are around to produce ArmA II.

Kind Regards walker

Yeah man I Know , I was waiting for 2 weeks to see the news that will turn the world around and we get a tech demo of the engine , 90 % beeing graphics ( dull...) and 10 % gameplay that looks like its been taken out of Fall Of Liberty .

Nothing more then West vs East ... but despite that ... the major game sites are all over it ... sad, verry sad_o.gif

But we got BIS working on Arma 2 so lets biggrin_o.gif

Someone said the tracers are glowing in ARMA2. But to me i cant see it in the latest video. I can see that the muzzle lit up the environment (like ARMA1), but the tracers dont lit the trees up where he shoots between. (night in beginning of video). You see 1 tracer before the UAZ shoot. Dont seem to lit up the environment.

Maybe it was WIP or maybe they dont add that as it looks weird sometimes due to the squarness of the ground sometimes? We know with that light being cut here and there due to the ground res is quite small. (or how you call it).

Hope they will lit the environment up though. Would be sweet.

/Alex

Hi,

I like the latest video. I was glad to see new soldier animations and the tanks and Hinds look and sound beatiful. Keep up the good work BIS.

welcome.gif

Quote[/b] ]Dont seem to lit up the environment.

Tracers do not light up the environment in real life, so why should they do it in Arma 2 ? icon_rolleyes.gif