Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

On the web site it spells "Comming soon". I wonder what it means  wink_o.gif

maybe it mean typo and that people are just trying to nitpick on every possible moment  rofl.gif

well im presuming this weeks update was the steam update, (which is 20mins late) acording to steam anyway so im guessing thats why they are opening up the weaponry section next week.... well atleast we got something its sure beats nothing at all.

Event was at 19:00 CET and announcement (news) was posted at 19:00 CET ...

so it wasn't late just people not looking at the group page to see news in Announcements ...

What was the annoncement then?

I wanted to look at the older news and just got that

Some white fields with "Freitag, 20. März 2009 um 22:36 " written on it. Just writing because... don't know  xmas_o.gif

Not the greatest update in the world.

No, certainly not. I guess next week will be different. Hopefully they'll do a complete and full weapons-list for each category.

I just don't get why people are complaining about not enough information.... And all this "OMG WTF I WANT MORE THAN ONE WEAPON SCREEN!!!!!1111" is quite childish.

You saw the videos, you know what you can expect, now wait for the release and stop whining.

Just think of it in terms of them working on getting the game done instead of spending hours editing a video smile_o.gif

Yes, the people who model and skin the weapons are the same people who make and post the videos. whistle.gif

I just don't get why people are complaining about not enough information.... And all this "OMG WTF I WANT MORE THAN ONE WEAPON SCREEN!!!!!1111" is quite childish.

You saw the videos, you know what you can expect, now wait for the release and stop whining.

They actually didn't give us one weapon screen I don't think. That is just a header type image for the page. As you can see the same weapon appears further down the page.

I concur with k @voven (space there because othervise the forums turns the nick into 'mailto'.. icon_rolleyes.gif)..

I have always marvelled the level of whining on these forums.. tounge2.gif

Just take a minute to think about how you would feel if every single f'ing step you take (no matter how long/short, or wide) was stalked and manically broke down into segments by someone (representing all the symptoms of criminally insane worth of a Slayer song) who has no knowledge on any of the aspects that go into developing a code worth of releasing as a game (reading wikipedia doesn't count wink_o.gif ).

My heart (even though in full possession of King Alcohol at this moment) goes to BIS, you made THE game ever and this far Arma 2 footage and images are showing me exactly what a true successor of OFP should be. I can't f***ing wait for the release of the game smile_o.gif

Even though there might not be Crysis-like entering a vehicle anims etc. I myself have not seen one thing that would not make me not buy the game (lack of 'gunners-hands-on-turretweapon-anims doesn't affect my ability to engage the nme).. I was sold the second this game was announced..

The only thing annoying me in ArmA is the AI pathfinding horror show (it is understandable if it's some Arma 2 beta AI in testing which reading between the line seem to suggest), so I hope that has been taken care of..

I wanted to look at the older news and just got that

Some white fields with "Freitag, 20. März 2009 um 22:36 " written on it. Just writing because... don't know  xmas_o.gif

They must have made some changes, just click on your particular language (flags in the upper right corner), and it should come back. English did anyway.

Hours? The editing process for each video shouldn't of taken more than 30 minutes of total time.

BI probably don't use Windows Movie Maker.

Damn I went to bed too soon lol. To make a comment, editing video is not a difficult thing to do on any NLE,....accept maybe with something like virtualdub or in one instance I saw which someone did for fun was editing a video entirely through script via Avisynth. Acquiring the footage and sound is actually a lot more difficult than throwing it together, and BI didn't put much effort into editing their videos, not to say they didn't put effort into it, but it didn't take them "hours" to do a video. They didn't need to, they weren't making a movie, they were just showing off snippets of their game.

Has anyone actually said that? No i don't think we or i have, Bis have stated an update every week, they did this week with a coming soon and a picture of a tank. I was just observing in comparison to the previous video's and pictures it wasn't the greatest.

I think you have to accept some cynical or negative replys.

I think BIS are to be commended for putting up with us as some developers wont tell or ask you zip.

Games of this magnitude arent to be rushed and are more prone to bugs upon release where as the console games can be primed and hyped up for a grand release date easily for obvious reasons.

Its like watching the water boil isnt it !  

Im viewing ArmA differently now and im in the game now to learn off some of the game's longstanding diehards so im as ready as for ArmA2.

whistle.gif

I think you have to accept some cynical or negative replys.

I think BIS are to be commended for putting up with us as some developers wont tell or ask you zip.

Games of this magnitude arent to be rushed and are more prone to bugs upon release where as the console games can be primed and hyped up for a grand release date easily for obvious reasons.

Its like watching the water boil isnt it !  

Im viewing ArmA differently now and im in the game now to learn off some of the game's longstanding diehards so im as ready as for ArmA2.

whistle.gif

BIS have done excellent in releasing news and preview content to it's fanbase and I must applaud them for it. Granted not all the content may be what we really want, but most dev's just realise 1 or 2 snippets of gameplay footage, then dump some flash game intro on you and expect that to hold yah till game release, aside from the usual pre-release reviews which can be dodgey. BIS has dropped weekly content in our laps, the first few weeks was a series of 2 to 3 minute faction videos, and hopefully we'll keep recieving content in this fashion up until the game's release, or close to it.

In contrast look at OFP2 (why not?), where you haven't really seen anything about it aside from prerendered trailers, screenshots, and a very early stage techdemo footage. Oh but god help you if you dare mention that to it's current fanbase. Tell them they haven't shown enough, they'll pimp a few dosen video previews all saying the same thing that's been said for months (seriously most videos litterally are the same rehashed PR comments used over and over), saying they've shown a lot, yet if you scrutinize the game, they'll say that we don't have anything to go on to judge the game yet, because not much has been shown.....,well lets hope the recent magazine previews for the game have been honest.

The tank screenshot released on steam (looking down range @ a field), kinda disappointed me for some reason. Maybe it was the saturation of the color... I dunno, it just looked ugggly.. all the other screenshots are amazing though - hopefully it was just a bad egg.

It was supposedly taken at crappy graphic settings wink_o.gif

Well, its hard for me to believe this if i'm honest.

I mean, compare that to this screen - thats a different like day and night tounge2.gif

arma2russia000871072455.jpg

[spekulations]

If someone from BIS would have actually thought at least one second about the consequences when releasing such a very low quality screenshot, in this hot phase prior and very close to release, he would have not release it.

So either that Person has not thought any second (bad) or this is really close to final ingame graphics and all what BIS showed us before was taken on non-affordable super-PCs or was simply made up (bad too).

[/spekulations]

tounge2.gif  sad_o.gif

Though i really hope that that was just all settings at very low or a very very old build (which raises a couple of other questions).

I mean, compare that to this screen - thats a different like day and night tounge2.gif

notice the depth-of-field blur. remove it and the screenshot will not be so special anymore.

notice the depth-of-field blur. remove it and the screenshot will not be so special anymore.

I was about to say the same thing :|

What's so bad about it?

We are talking about this screen by the way:

http://www.armedassault.info/ftp/pics/news/pics1/picasteam1.jpg

The pic i posted in my last post (its captured from the video of russian forces - with the flag upper right) is there to demonstrate the big difference in quality.

Oh okay, I thought they meant the one with the T-90.