Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Is it the upgraded Su-25KM or the old Su-25T?

The SU-25T is a different airplane compared to the Su-25, visually and somewhat in capabilites. The KM is a Georgian-Israeli upgrade, the SM is the russian upgrade, I think it has a glass cockpit. The SU-25KM has a glass cockpit and whole other bunch of fancy gadgets, including pinpoint weapons delivery system, although I wonder if they could handle GBUs or KABs.

All in all, going from the vids and pictures, we're having a bog standard Su-25. I'm not sure if we'll be seeing the export version or a russian one. The differences are not huge, it's a very basic aircraft, it's hard to remove much from it. The visual differences are at the back, the russian version has a bit more done with heat signiature dispersion by adding a cooling air vent and the exhaust has been slightly redesigned, plus more flares have been added. All this as a result from battling the stingers. There's also a slight difference between the antennas, but I can't say for sure right now.

I wonder if the steel plate between the engines was added to the export versions...hmmm.

On the website it says Su-25's for the CFD and the Ruski's. If we were given a screenshot that allows us a look at the underside of the hull, we could locate the TV-imaging module, but I think the su-25t also has a module that allows them to fire missiles that home in on radar sources?

Ah well, I hope they'll add the Tango, I loved flying it in Lock-On, way more than the regular Su-25. Handled like a brick though.

Kim

Yeah, I have to say that that image is rather ... terrible. It reminded me of ofp1 ... and no that's not a compliment to it. By contrast, (yes, I'm a bit late!wink_o.gif the tank one is superb, even without the fancy effects it would be awesome, but whey NOT have them?

Can't wait, I'm getting ready to buy myself a new pc with an AM3 and a 4870 just for this. biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, I have to say that that image is rather ... terrible. It reminded me of ofp1 ... and no that's not a compliment to it. By contrast, (yes, I'm a bit late!wink_o.gif the tank one is superb, even without the fancy effects it would be awesome, but whey NOT have them?

Can't wait, I'm getting ready to buy myself a new pc with an AM3 and a 4870 just for this. biggrin_o.gif

go for the 4870 x2! great card. (:

are there shedows in forest below SU ? icon_rolleyes.gif

Thats way to far away to draw out individual shadows, but it does have a nice darkened texture to hide it. Looks pretty good to me. I think everybody has to remember that the scale was improved in arma2. The world and objects compared to eachother look more realistic and are larger. Like the buildings we saw in the city from that older screenshot showing the building damage.

now you can hide in forest and nobody see you from air smile_o.gif

On the website it says Su-25's for the CFD and the Ruski's. If we were given a screenshot that allows us a look at the underside of the hull, we could locate the TV-imaging module, but I think the su-25t also has a module that allows them to fire missiles that home in on radar sources?

That is incorrect.

The SU-25 has always had capability to fire on radar sources. It all depends on the missile being used.

The standard SU-25 can carry variants of the KH-25 (L and MP), the L being laser designated, the MP being the HARM.

The picture released of the Frogfoots in formation over a lake also suggest it will be the basic SU-25 only - there is no TV screen for the Shkval, and the airframe design replicates that of the prototype/production model.

wink_o.gif

Ah well, I hope they'll add the Tango, I loved flying it in Lock-On, way more than the regular Su-25. Handled like a brick though.

Kim

The Su-25T is different:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a6/Su-25T5.jpg

So there's no chance of mixing them up.

awesome su-25 smile_o.gif

really nice that the opfor equalent to the A-10 made its comeback biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]IDEA Games at Game Connection 09

Latest titles from IDEA Games´ range will be presented to publisher at Game Connection America.

Highly anticipated titles ARMA II (from creators of genre defining Operation Flashpoint) and Carrier Command, together with PC games AlternativA and Pat&Mat, will be shown to publishers during GC09, a unique speed dating event for business-focused game makers.

ARMA II, ultimate military simulator game, is scheduled for release this year. Game storyline brings player to explore volatile world with Force Recon Razor Team, part of a US Marine Corps Expeditionary Unit. The 27th MEU team is deployed to Northern Chernarus on a peacekeeping mission with a mandate to prevent further civilian casualties and promote political stability.

ARMA II utilises a 3rd generation game engine that has been in sustained development for over ten years and is used as the basis for training simulators used by armies across the globe. It offers a uniquely vast game world, authentic and extremely detailed modern units, weapons, vehicles and environments. The branching, player-driven campaign can be played solo, or cooperatively and is accompanied by a huge range of single and multiplayer game modes.

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission reinvents the classic gameplay of the original Carrier Command to deliver a truly next-gen experience. Players will be treated to an immersive journey, with an engaging story adapted from the second book of the Gaea Universe trilogy.

Bohemia Interactive will bring Carrier Command: Gaea Mission to PC and Next Gen Consoles, with an estimated release date of Spring 2010. More details will be announced soon.

klick!

Game Connection 09: March 24-25-26 2009!!

Quote[/b] ]IDEA Games at Game Connection 09

Latest titles from IDEA Games´ range will be presented to publisher at Game Connection America.

Highly anticipated titles ARMA II (from creators of genre defining Operation Flashpoint) and Carrier Command, together with PC games AlternativA and Pat&Mat, will be shown to publishers during GC09, a unique speed dating event for business-focused game makers.

ARMA II, ultimate military simulator game, is scheduled for release this year. Game storyline brings player to explore volatile world with Force Recon Razor Team, part of a US Marine Corps Expeditionary Unit. The 27th MEU team is deployed to Northern Chernarus on a peacekeeping mission with a mandate to prevent further civilian casualties and promote political stability.

ARMA II utilises a 3rd generation game engine that has been in sustained development for over ten years and is used as the basis for training simulators used by armies across the globe. It offers a uniquely vast game world, authentic and extremely detailed modern units, weapons, vehicles and environments. The branching, player-driven campaign can be played solo, or cooperatively and is accompanied by a huge range of single and multiplayer game modes.

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission reinvents the classic gameplay of the original Carrier Command to deliver a truly next-gen experience. Players will be treated to an immersive journey, with an engaging story adapted from the second book of the Gaea Universe trilogy.

Bohemia Interactive will bring Carrier Command: Gaea Mission to PC and Next Gen Consoles, with an estimated release date of Spring 2010. More details will be announced soon.

klick!

Game Connection 09: March 24-25-26 2009!!

Anything new from this?

seen exactly zero coverage of arma2/BIS from Games Connection so far sad_o.gif

what happened?

I too was looking for leaked vids etc on youtube but there doesnt seem to be much news relating to Games Connection

seen exactly zero coverage of arma2/BIS from Games Connection so far sad_o.gif

what happened?

Well apart from the weapons section on the main arma2 site. I,ve seen zero activaty from the devs so far as well. Been kind of quet after the last faction movie. Didnt they say we would get new stuff every week up until release?

Games connection according to Wikipedia is a place within GDC where developers, publishers etc can meet, without any media/preview stuff.

Games connection according to Wikipedia is a place within GDC where developers, publishers etc can meet, without any media/preview stuff.

ahh ok. i guess i just expected to see something get out.. as theres been a fair bit of coverage on other games/devs that were there, on bluesnews and ign and the like. oh well.

that wasnt tied to GDC though... and the renders (while nice) arent exactly new info. most people whove played ofp/arma could guess on the majority of weapons to be included.

BIS is nothing if not consistant on weapon selection biggrin_o.gif

its more the responses of people being shown arma2 that I was after.. or info on something like changes to the old robotic voice system etc. not to worry. not long now

I wonder if anyone has observed weapon specific reloads? Something to replace the multi wave-hand-over-here animation.

Last time we had a chance to ask BI personally I asked Buchta the question and he said that the option is there now but for some reason I forgot not yet implemented. At least that's how I understood it.

They clearly didten make there former Q1 realese, but can anyone tell me the logic in not givin a realese date? Something for fans to look forward to... Especialy at this time, where the development of the game must be so far in the procces....

I know people will think im just an unpatiant morron with no idea what it takes to develop a game, but come on, i cant be the only one thinkin' that BIS should come with more officiel statments...

The game is in its beta-stages.

That mean it's basically done.

However I'm sure BIS would like to avoid the fiasco with the previous ArmA so just give it some time wink_o.gif

Last time we had a chance to ask BI personally I asked Buchta the question and he said that the option is there now but for some reason I forgot not yet implemented. At least that's how I understood it.

Actually (and now i could be mistaked too) he said that they will not implement different reload animations for all different weapons, as the amount and size of the animations would be to much then.

However this was at a point when Arma2 was scheduled to release for Septemer/October 2008 tounge2.gif

They clearly didten make there former Q1 realese, but can anyone tell me the logic in not givin a realese date? Something for fans to look forward to... Especialy at this time, where the development of the game must be so far in the procces....

I know people will think im just an unpatiant morron with no idea what it takes to develop a game, but come on, i cant be the only one thinkin' that BIS should come with more officiel statments...

i could not agree more

Hi all

I am sure some one will come around from BIS and say:

"It will be ready when it is ready."

Because in all development that is the case.

Kind Regards walker

yeah cool walker whistle.gif if theyre holding off for reasons of thier own good luck to them.

maybe a few more official video clips on certain things might hold us back band.gif