Sign in to follow this  
chammy

CSM Betav2 Released!!

Polish 1.14 - also not working M16's apart from M16 ACOG, which has default sound. But still - this sound mod destroys everything, that was already released. Only thing I dislike are the HMG's sounds (DshK and so on). They don't have that punch in their sound. Check out this vid: http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=GYOHFaVFp3o&feature=related

Hey Tiger. Thanks for the props man,

Yes, the verrsion you have might be the reason, since it is not playing the M16s then it may not be doing the same for the DSHK. The sound is there and really, because of the huge round it has I made it to where it rattles the speaker boxes. There's bass there. We will have a fix for that in a short while.

Nice-one Cham, I just got back from afew days at base and got stuck into arma for awhile checking the mod out. Fantastic sounds might I add, I only have one request...please please pllleeeeaaase consider adding Tracers into the mod such as the ones in FROMZ. That with your sounds would just be ultimate immersion. The only thing thats missing, that done, brilliant smile_o.gif

Heh @ the opening of the thread where people bitch about the long-awaited release. Way to go you guys, way to go thumbs-up.gif

I have to say I'm amazed at your work Chammy, it's so perfect that I'm almost glad you took your time. After Hifi turned out so well I had my doubts, but the ambience CSM adds to the game is just fantastic, definitely the best soundmod yet!

I was cheeky enough to get right down to editing and turn up all the volumes more than a little notch - that's really my only criticism, and perhaps it's a personal preference. It does seem a bit weird when a tank blows up a few yards away and you hear next to nothing, though.

Don't you think gunfire and AT4's and RPGs going off (quite a loud bang) should be heard from way further away than it does in most soundmods? I pretty much only have reloads, ricochets/hits and pistols below 40 db, and to me it just seems a lot more natural ingame.

I finally noticed the problem although the M16A4 is in the soldier's hands if you go to your gear it shows there is no weapon. It seems you might have mistyped that is all. Heres the weapons that dont appear-

M16A2 ironsight

M16A2GL ironsight

M16A4 ironsight

M16A4GL ironsight and ACOG

thats all I could find smile_o.gif

Only had a little go with this and like others not using the UK version (I purchased the German version) - default sound on M16 same as others.

Nice work though, hopefully you can fix or patch if u find a fix ?

Cheers.

yeah the A10 Cannon roar can be fixed. like in Fromz sound mod? just a bit more punch would be nice.

i miss the rocket sounds from teh old CSM (FFAR) (hellfire) shooting sounds. thsi version there jst a tid bit more quieter...=/

and yeah the M16a4 Acog issue.

the Vehical sounds are much more louder than the guns. that could be fixed up a bit.

but hands down cham. i think all this time of me annoying you paid off  wink_o.gif   hah

**Edit- im running US Atari Version 1.14

German 1.14 here, same problems as the others (and as said in my PM).

Missing semicolons at the end of line isn't dependend on what editon or version you are running. If they are not present then they are not present and ArmA complains about it.  wink_o.gif

Same goes for the "Cannot load sound 'csm_sounds\bullets<span style='color:red'>\\</span>bullet_whizz.wss'" bug.

And two more I just found:

Cannot find a sound file csm_sounds\east\weapons\pkt_r.wss

Cannot find a sound file csm_sounds\west\weapons\xp_building.wss

Well except of the last, I fixed all the bugs for myself now.  whistle.gif

Got to be honest loved your first version!

But when i tested new version in editor,wasnt much impressed!

But! and a big BUT!

Just had an intense game of Warfare and it rocks!

Well Done! notworthy.gif

Keep up the good work mate! xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif

also, dont know if anyone else is experiencing this, but my javelins dont seem to be effective.

BTW chammy your sound mod is THE SHIZNIT!

also, dont know if anyone else is experiencing this, but my javelins dont seem to be effective.

BTW chammy your sound mod is THE SHIZNIT!

Remember for some reason when your close to a vehicle javelins don't work in arma the farther your away the more accurate it is.

Well done mate worth the wait, looking forward to future updates from those above suggestions.

Outstanding work Chammy and well worth the wait (as many have already indicated). I think it's great to finally have a soundmod that makes explosions sound like the ear rattlers they should instead of sounding like a corpse falling from the sky and landing in sand.

The only minor observation I can make is that Urals seem strangely quiet but I must admit that my mission has them accompanied with armor so maybe the Ural sounds were just muted by the sounds or M113 tracks.

Regardless, fantastic sound mod and my new favorite.

BTW, I'm playing the Morphicon.de downloaded version because ArmA only became available in Canada approx. 5 mins ago. OK I'm kidding but it sure felt that way with the poorly staggered release dates. banghead.gif

Well except of the last, I fixed all the bugs for myself now.  whistle.gif

Is it easy enough to fix the M16 bug? I'm dying to use this online. but it's very hard to not use the 30rnd stanag weapons :/

any pointers?

Do csm2 has server  key?

Its not signed at all so a serverkey is also not available for this wink_o.gif

I guess when it gets out of beta it will be signed.

Yes, once its out of Beta and all the kinks are ironed out it should have a key, which is good reason I released it in Beta category. Ok, *ehem* what is a key and how do I implement one? *cowers in embarrassment wink_o.gif * Yes, i noticed when trying to get into a few multiplayer rooms they had a key checker so I wasn't able to join.

The fixes on certain things as the m16 can be quick, easy, and painless if you can un pbo and search for a few files to replace or add. Other than that, Q concocted a few fixes and I am waiting for him and Binkster to get back to me so that I or one of them can just stick a download link for the fix.

Chammy you can find out how to sign addons here.

You can do what I did - have a key for beta releases and a key for official releases. Then the servers can sort themselves out as to what to support, without being forced into not supporting anything smile_o.gif

*edit*

Oh yeah, by the way, excellent job with the addon biggrin_o.gif

I can't wait for this to have a key so I can stop listening to stock sounds on signed servers.

Just added a quick knock up test video using this V2 mod :

VIDEO THREAD

Chammy ... it contains the flares audio loop too if you want to check it out, also the stock BIS gun sound unfortuntaly but look past that one biggrin_o.gif

I gave it a try, but I must admit it's not my flavour. The sounds are like you would hear them from a distance like a spectator, civilian or reporter being there...but not being right behind the gun. A lot of the sound seem too damped to me.

I guess I will stay with my pimped-up FDF Sounds. Thanks anyway for sharing your work Chammy!

I appreciate the variety of sound mods so different people can get different flavours of sound mods. One thing is for sure: You sound mod is differs very much from the others out there!

I gave it a try, but I must admit it's not my flavour. The sounds are like you would hear them from a distance like a spectator, civilian or reporter being there...but not being right behind the gun. A lot of the sound seem too damped to me.

I guess I will stay with my pimped-up FDF Sounds. Thanks anyway for sharing your work Chammy!

I appreciate the variety of sound mods so different people can get different flavours of sound mods. One thing is for sure: You sound mod is differs very much from the others out there!

Bud, seriously, you really need to visit a shooting range, I guarantee you will think other wise bro. Preferably a range without trees and an over hanging awning, total open range. The reason in videos you see , the camera when filming close range shots it sounds like sheet metal is because the mic cannot pick up that high percussive sound pressure wave the weapon makes, so you will only here like loud scrapping sound, kinda like filming a lightning bolt at a close distance, you won't hear that nice crack on film. But hey man thanks for trying. inlove.gif

Any way to do ambient sounds like in ECS?

Yes but the only thing is the adding of scripts and event handlers I assume, which I have no idea how to do in ArmA, I barely started getting the hang of it in OFP lol. Unless someone knew of a way, I can make it in the final so that the editor can pull it up in the scroll down and choose one.