Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Avgani Iraq 1.2

Edited by Opteryx

Nice Map,  Great Work Thx for your work smile_o.gif

Posting the news on Armed-Assault.de ASAP (But the Download takes 1 Hour so it could take a while ) confused_o.gif

UPDATE: ITs now on Armed-Assault.de

Not to be a total noob, but I am an admin on a server, and was wondering if I just add this to the missions folder will everyone be able to play? Or would everyone have to have the download installed?

Help me out here, because I really want to get some folks playing this. What do I need to do?

I just add this to the missions folder will everyone be able to play?  

You will need to upload this to your addons folder on the server!

Ideally to a mod folder on the server!

Also everyone else will need this island installed.

Excellent work Opteryx  smile_o.gif

Not to be a total noob, but I am an admin on a server, and was wondering if I just add this to the missions folder will everyone be able to play?  Or would everyone have to have the download installed?

Help me out here, because I really want to get some folks playing this.  What do I need to do?

This is an Island so it will need to go in the servers addon folder and anyone wanting to play must also have this island installed. Then you must make some missions for them to play on

Or download someone else's MP mission made for this version of the map. I'm at the university right now, but I can't wait to download this map as so far it's been my favorite so far for ArmA.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hey, thank you, so much. I've played endless insurgent/ambush scenarios on your map. I love it, I love it. Atmospheric, and excellent.

I agree, place-able objects is a much better alternative than designated checkpoints. Don't get me wrong, I thought it was great, but it messed with the AI-pathing, and made missions too repetitive-feeling. Alas, this has all been said, and done, but I would like to thank you, yet, again, for your dedication to the ArmA modding community, and for bringing us this amazing terrain. I know it has made my day extra good.

Now we're only waiting for those Generic Opfor, and my family jewels will simply bust, due to joy. rofl.gif

I want you inside me notworthy.gif

the wheat fields are amazing, and it seems that im getting better FPS in the center of town. Great work! biggrin_o.gif

best ArmA island out

Amazing work!

Thank you for your efforts Opteryx, highly appreciated!

BIS take notes here wink_o.gif Give us some fields like this in ArmA2 please.

Regards

Alex

Awesome work

I've just noticed tho that the wheat on my machine goes black mid distance. Not sure if anyone else is getting it and I've tried adjusting texture and object detail with no luck. I'll put up an image to show what I mean.

Otherwise, best map I've seen by far. Running in the wheat first time in Arma was an experience smile_o.gif

avgani1bbw8.jpg

Just gave this a try. Great job on the wheat. It even runs smoothly on my PC wow_o.gif

Although I have the same issue with it turning black at a certain distance like what TankCommander just posted. Seems like an issue with one of the LODs.

Great map as always though smile_o.gif

Edit: A suggestion - Could you make it possible to 'walk' over those mud walls by the fields? Like with those small concrete walls by BIS. Since they should be easy to get over in real life.

Don't know if its just a coincidence but every server I've ever tried to join including the previous version of Avgani starts trying to connect to the lobby then says "you were kicked off the game." I'm not sure what to do.

Quote[/b] ]I want you inside me

wow_o.gif

... yes this map is come along way, fps is better on my unit, I haven't really used to too much due to issues with previous version, but this along with the fields (so its not all "town only" for SP AI path finding crapness) is going to be a great map for the theme.

Cheers Opteryx, a very quality update.

PS: I got the same black wheat problem at medium distance..

@mehman: do you actually need all that detail?

Ehhhh the black texture bug is weird, somehow during some unknown process all texture under the alpha mask has been turned completely black. I'm working on trying to fix it.