Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Avgani Iraq 1.2

Ain't that big a bug dude. Mad effort otherwise, loving the wheat and the fields, really fills in the map. biggrin_o.gif Kindly tell me your other Iraq maps will be coming along soon. thumbs-up.gif

Hi i also get that black edges thing on the distance, i think that

the alpha channel has turned black for some reason, may be the

compresion tipe of the pass to .tga to .paa but i can't ensure this

since im a townfolk so i may be wrong, but; it runs as good as it

did it before (v1.1) and looks great and enhances the realistic

look of this map, Avgani V1.2 it's a jewel. Let's C ya

Ok guys I think I have fixed black texture bug, but I will need someone with the bug to verify it for me since I don't have it.

I will post the (hopefully) fixed opxplants.pbo shortly.

-edit-

Okay, people who are getting the black texture bug, does this fix it?

OPXPLANTS.PBO

I want you inside me  notworthy.gif

Anal or oral?

All 3 holes baby,

rofl.gif

thats fu**ed

The "fix" works fine, although it was a problem only on one system.  On the other computer the "black" was just a deeper brown - I didn't even notice it as a problem.

I love your attention to accuracy and detail on this map, Opteryx.  Outstanding work - you're "The Man"  smile_o.gif

The "fix" works fine, although it was a problem only on one system.  On the other computer the "black" was just a deeper brown - I didn't even notice it as a problem.

I love your attention to accuracy and detail on this map, Opteryx.  Outstanding work - you're "The Man"  smile_o.gif

Thing is, when you pack a texture with an alpha channel and a _co suffix the textures situated below the alpha mask will turn black, so I think that this is rendered differently from GPU to GPU depending on how they draw mipmaps, that's my theory at least..

Okay, people who are getting the black texture bug, does this fix it?...

Yes. Wheat looks great now smile_o.gif

Just alt tabbed out of arma to say that the fix does indeed work smile_o.gif It looks just so pretty now. Better than I imagined but reminds me more of a Mediterranean setting. Which is a good thing wink_o.gif

Also I think it's best viewed when having your brightness on 1.5 and gamma set on .7 or .8

Gives a lot more definition to the overall game and really brings out the wheat fields.

Great work, thanks for this nice map

there is a typo error in the add on bisign that breaks the signature check on servers.

but easy to fix smile_o.gif

opxmisc.OPX.bisign

change to :

opxmisc.pbo.OPX.bisign

LOL, sorry about that, it's really stressful to throw all this crap together when you set yourself a release data, I need to do that otherwise I would go on forever creating more content, which has more bugs, so I start creating even more content cause I don't feel like fixing the bugs, but that only leads to more bugs!!....

So yeah, accidents do happen.

@Opteryx : plants update works perfecty for me. Could you tell us if you intend updating your download with new plants .pbo and modified misc.bisign ?

Small update in front page at Armed Assault.info

... with a question mark biggrin_o.gif

Hi, it's works Opteryx, at least here; the only thing that i've noticed

is that now the 1St LOD appears when you're much more close to

the crops. But it works, no more black thing bug.

avgani_plants.jpg

Let's C ya

Hey opteryx,

The "black wheat bug" is gone for me now.

Good job.

Laggy

Great map! I love the feeling of it, seems very authentic.

Been trying to make a mission on it, but it seems i have stumbled on a small problem.

I want my small convoy to take a certain turn in the road, and to be specific, the problem arises on grid CA16.

I want my jeeps to make a left turn there, but instead they skip that road, drive on, and then drive into the base, then turn around, out the base again, and then they do take the right road.

Any ideas on how to make them take the right road? Any reason why they might skip that one and drive into the base instead?

Great map! I love the feeling of it, seems very authentic.

Been trying to make a mission on it, but it seems i have stumbled on a small problem.

I want my small convoy to take a certain turn in the road, and to be specific, the problem arises on grid CA16.

I want my jeeps to make a left turn there, but instead they skip that road, drive on, and then drive into the base, then turn around, out the base again, and then they do take the right road.

Any ideas on how to make them take the right road? Any reason why they might skip that one and drive into the base instead?

I have no idea why they do that, I'm not a mission maker, but this worked fine for me.

convoy.jpg

That was the same setup in waypoints i had, though my units have to come from across the city.

But no matter what i try, they fail to go into the road the first time, even if i have them disembark on the crossroad.

Then they'll just walk into the base, getting some units stuck in the process, leaving me with less soldiers in the upcoming fight at the farm.

It's really weird. Thanks for the quick reply though! smile_o.gif

Problem with your wheat is that it doesn't work for AI's..

In prone position in these fields AI enemies can take tea together without a single shot.

Hope you wanna fix it. wink_o.gif

Problem with your wheat is that it doesn't work for AI's..

In prone position in these fields AI enemies can take tea together  without a single shot.

Hope you wanna fix it.  wink_o.gif

Yes that is true, but I'm a little bit skeptical about adding a complex view LOD, I don't know if it will have performance impact. I'll do some test on it and see if it's doable.

I believe you will not lose any significant performance. Its what im using atm, and it works fine (performance and with AIs).

So heres my suggestion.

Note: On top you can see 4 separated dots, these make a face with "normals pointing down".

This face will fix your zoom in and out while 3rd person view.

If you get a better solution please report biggrin_o.gif

edit: note that i have an old system.

Quote[/b] ]In prone position in these fields AI enemies can take tea together  without a single shot.

What about crouch and stand?

Is it a case that they are all fighting and know about each other but once entering fields they all stop shooting? Or just prone?

If they don't know about each other in fields while prone, isn't that a tad normal?

Dont get me wrong, anything that can emulate Durgs Vegetation approach with things like this on new vegetation models, can only be a good thing.

EDIT: I forgot to add that your bug fix also works here as I had the same black texture LOD issue.

The current View Geo Lod in some way covers you/ais when in prone and crouch position, meaning they not fire trough their rifles if you are in prone and crouch pos.

I think they can see you, but they don't fire from their rifles, only trow nades when if they are in a safe distance.

You can be glue to then and crouch and prone that they don't shot their rifles because of this View Geo lod.