Sign in to follow this  
mcpxxl

Mapfact releases 3DE-Project

you have to put the armaext folder into your arma root folder

and do not start it from any other place !

you need to use the bat from this arma ext folder otherwise it failed.

I have a problem, (great release by the way) if I place an object and then hit "insert" to save it in that location... it disappears. What am I doing wrong?

Alright, I fixed it on my end. It is not a vista-related problem, but an AVG related one. Simply turning off AVG antivirus doesn't actually turn it off - it will still gun down any program it doesn't like.

SFG you should be read the manual FIRST

I did, on the bottom of page 3 it says "To create (save) the object press [insert]. Once I do this it disappears from the map.

Edit

I fixed it... I didn't have MAP_SERVICES installed.

"not possible to open dialog armaextdll not found"

?!  but it is there... in the \ArmA\ArmAExt folder..

EDIT: problem solved..

You guys are fantastic. Keep up good work. This will surely make life easier for island makers.

I noticed a few buttons reserved for future activities. Are you willing to disclose on what they are?

I get the same thing

"not possible to open dialog armaextdll not found"

Followed all instructions, running off the .bat, still doesn't work.

It looks useful, would be nice if I could get it to run...

Hi

Seems AVG antivirus users might have problems running

the run.bat file

bat runs and closes imediatly

I had this very problem,even after closing all avg related apps via task manager it still wouldn't run

seems you have to totaly uninstall avg

after doing that its working fine for me.

hope that helps someone else

Just fired it up and had a little mess about,realy impressed with 3de so far,good job all involved! notworthy.gif

btw big thank you to the guys on mapfact ts server for taking the time and trying to help me resolve this problem.

hope i didn't disrupt the german ws for you

See you at the workshop later tonight!  biggrin_o.gif  

BiGGiBs

What if it is infected though?

I know Mapfact wouldnt do that, but I am saying, that what if it got infected during the process of compressing.

AVG users can make an exception of the ArmA folder not to be scanned. Fixed it for me.

@DaChevs

the included readme pdf states the some av apps might report the run.exe,run.bat ,dll as flase possatives

so mapfact are aware of this issue therefore i think its safe so say that as they are aware of the problem it can't have been affected while compressing and uploading ready for public d/l

BiGGiBs

The ArmAExt.dll has no virus/tojan/whatever inside, but it use virus/trojan type technics to realize such an interface !

Yeah I'm not getting anywhere with the whole run.bat thing. It's really starting to get me stressed now. My folder is in:

F:\Games\Atari\ArmA\ArmAExt

ran the run.bat, showed some things loading, then disappeared and nothing. Tried opening the task manager to see if arma was listed and it wasn't. I then changed the "entry" to:

Quote[/b] ]run F:\Games\Atari\ArmA\arma.exe -mod=DBE1;@mapfact -nosplash

And still nothing. I've been waiting forever like the rest of the community to try out this amazing project and now I can't. sad_o.gif

Flippin' cool. Thanks to everyone involved for the hard work. smile_o.gif

Now all I need is some free time to check this out.

Is there a more in depth readme in the pipeline? It would be nice to know how to create and store prefabs, for instance, for vegetation. The tools for creating roads and fences seem hard to pick up and run with, too.

Thanks, this is fantastic stuff!

-Gabe-

WOW this thing rocks!

i really hopw BIS can look at this as they design the mission editor for ArmaII.... thsi is truly how it SHOULD be done!

Thanks for the hard work guys!

Jesus fellas'! This is truly nucking futs! I can't believe how easy mission setup is. After 2 months of working on a few, the creating a layout has taken 90% of the time. I'm stunned how easy this is to use thus far.

I wish I had the time for the upcoming workshop. Hopefully more interest could generate another. I could definitely love getting to know this thing, I can tell that already. As gsleighter brought up a detailed tutorial a la Mr. Murray's, time permitting of course, would be excellent to have one day.

Thanks for this gem. May BIS look hard at this. Maybe hire you gents to help with the ArmA II Editor as well.... whistle.gifwink_o.gif

thumbs-up.gif

will mission users be required to have all the addons installed if i only use the BIS objects?

also.....

I open up domination in the editor... place my guy, run the editor, and place my objects..... when i save the project and export mission SQM it does not save the objects in the Domination mission..... the file in the ArmaEXT folder only shows the objects i placed......

is there a better way to import a pre made mission to add objects too? and tehn how is the propper way to save them?

Data Pool > MAP: Streets > Ss Mud R025m

Quote[/b] ]

Cannot open object map_eu\roads\pesina10_025.p3d

Anyone else getting this? smile_o.gif

well i did get the trojan error. but my firewall and virus protection took care of that.

but the Run.bat dosnt work properly. i put it in my ARMA directory and run it. it just comes up on a dos prompt and looks like tis trying to scrool down or idk doing some wierd thing. then it try to just open ARMA and use the 3d editor and it says it cant find the ArmAext.dll file

but the Run.bat dosnt work properly. i put it in my ARMA directory and run it. it just  comes up on a dos prompt and looks like tis trying to scrool down or idk doing some wierd thing.      then it try to just open ARMA and use the 3d editor and it says it cant find the  ArmAext.dll file

Did you put the Run.bat into your ArmA folder ? If so that is not the correct way.

Copy the ArmAExt folder into your ArmA directory and then start run.bat from the ArmAExt folder.

Xeno

Data Pool > MAP: Streets > Ss Mud R025m
Quote[/b] ]

Cannot open object map_eu\roads\pesina10_025.p3d

Anyone else getting this? smile_o.gif

Confirmed .. a little rename failure with great effect.... should fix it in the next days while it's better to have a look of possible other errors 1 or 2 days. icon_rolleyes.gifwhistle.gif

_XENO_ is right

You have to use the run.bat from the armaext folder in the arma root directory in every case !

Do not run a launcher or such else

Armaext will ONLY run from its folder !