Mapfact releases 3DE-Project

- MAP_3DEmap v1.1

- MAP_EU v1.1

Sorry, there aren't such versions out now ! wow_o.gif

Should be:

MAP_3DEmap v1.01

MAP_EU v1.01

And of cause i sadly have to say ...

the Avgani v1.1 Config is actual far away from a "how should a config have to be for ArmA".

I hope that this would be fixed by the maker in the near future. huh.gif

Correct, this patch is only the exchange of a wrong bisign file,

we have to change the version number to make this clear that the full package is the corrected version. wink_o.gif

Thx for the info. smile_o.gif

Oh ... and this is a really great island. Very nice and detailed! thumbs-up.gif

MfG, Medicus

Basically:

Start from your run.bat in the ArmAExt folder.

Enter the Editor

Pick your island

Place your Rob the Builder

Preview the map

Use Start 3DE action menu to start the 3DE editor

Start a new Project

Load the new Project you just created

From the Data Pool button at the top, drill down using the menus just below to place your items (INS key to place an item once it's where you want it)

Once you're happy with the layout Save your Project

At the bottom of the 3DE choose 'Save mission file'

Abort the mission preview

Exit the Editor

Exit the Game

From Windows go to your missions folder, usually (C:\Documents and Settings\windowsuser\My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles\YourPlayer\missions) and create a new mission folder.  For instance myProj.intro for a mission on Rahmadi.

From the ArmAExt/Files folder copy the sqm file you just saved to your new myProj.intro folder and rename it as mission.sqm  So it'll be myProj.intro\mission.sqm now instead of myProj.intro\myProj-intro.sqm or something.

Load your normal game

Enter the Editor

Pick your island

Load your myProj.intro mission

Change the player back to a playable unit instead of Rob

Enjoy!

There's more to it, but that's the basics.

ok I created a project fine and then created an SQF file called Artybatt1_Sara.sqf. I pulled the file out of the armaext/files directory and moved it into my mission folder. In the init.sqf file I put in []execVM"Artybatt1_Sara.sqf"; as its in the root of my mission folder. I start the mission and look for my additions and nothing is there. What am I doing wrong.

Fixed, Spelling error in the SQF. It worked great. I love the way I can create Pre-defined attributes without having to do them in mission editor all the time. Just add to take out the SQF.

Try

hint str (preprocessFile "Artybatt1_Sara.sqf" == "")

If the hint says "true", you did something wrong with the file name, does your explorer show file endings? Maybe you accidentally called the file Artybatt1_Sara.sqf.sqf as your explorer does not show file endings?

Hi smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I've got a bug for you guys, and I've been able to reproduce it. Every time I'm using the select brush (Hotkey "T") to select a water surface object, the frame rate dips below 1 FPS, and the only option is to restart the mission. I'm trying to make a large flat plane of water objects, in the Applegate Lake source files. It's becoming something of a showstopper for this project, unfortunately.

Ok, I found that crazy bug mad_o.gif

The Selector and the Brush are affected by this bug.

Tomorrow we will release a fixed version.

@gunterlund: Do you have fixed your problem?

Greeting

Silola

Hi  smile_o.gif

Yes Silola. Ive seen a couple of other issues pop up but it could be my system. Sometimes I get a massive slowdown when I hit the T key to select something. I have to save my project, get out of the editor and reenter to get the FPS back up. Hard to track. But my SQF problem is resolved (my error)

Great Stuff Silola.

@gunterlund: Do you have fixed your problem?

Greeting

Silola

Yes Silola. Ive seen a couple of other issues pop up but it could be my system. Sometimes I get a massive slowdown when I hit the T key to select something. I have to save my project, get out of the editor and reenter to get the FPS back up. Hard to track. But my SQF problem is resolved (my error)

Great Stuff Silola.

The slowdowns are fixed and we hope to bring the fix this evening CEST.

Also i did a Post in the workshop Poll ;-)

Here is an interesting error that we noticed. I created my sqf file and added it to the mission. When the server loads we get the following error.

10:06:15 Mission Warfare_32-V112-ICED-V11.Sara read from bank.

10:06:22 Roles assigned.

10:06:22 Reading mission ...

10:07:00 No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/WarfareBWestMGNest_M240/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics.initAngleY'.

10:08:30 Mission Warfare_32-V112-ICED-V11.Sara read from bank.

10:08:35 Roles assigned.

10:08:35 Reading mission ...

10:08:42 Script MAP_3DE\OED\OED_Set_PitchBank.sqf not found

10:09:06 Game started.

10:09:19 Player Padre disconnected.

What is pitchbank.sqf?

Hi smile_o.gif

A mission that use files from the 3DE required necessarily the addon MAP_3DE.pbo

Greeting

Silola

Hi Silola, I'm just back from holiday and so am only just now downloading the files smile_o.gif I'm very happy to see the release, even if I missed it biggrin_o.gif

I read that the virus scanner complaints can be ignored, even on v1.01?

The island looks very very good also. Congratulations to the whole team, it looks like a lot of work went into it all.

Yup. The Island is wicked guys. I wish I could had the same skill.

Beautiful work. Thanks again for the great work on the whole Map 3DE platform.

Yup. The Island is wicked guys. I wish I had the same skill.

Beautiful work. Thanks again for the great work on the whole Map 3DE platform.

I can't use this banghead.gif

Have you removed the run.exe in the latest version of the 3DE?

Because there is none when I download the rar...

Firewall disabled, no AV installed, downloading from the mapfact website...

LoL, I have downloaded the latest version and I can't run it! I execute run.bat and I can see windows command menu displaying path to this bat file around and around but the game doesn't run.

EDIT: OK, I found the solution. I downloaded older version (1.01) and I copied run.exe from rar file to ArmAExt and now it works fine.

ok Im using the 3de addons in my main folder to use in missions. My rpt file is showing the following errors on items that DO exist in my addon folders. These were added in an SQF file.

Addon warfarebuildings (entry WarfareBSandbagSite) not found in the list of active addons.

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

warfarebuildings

Addon warfarebuildings (entry WarfareBSandbagSite) not found in the list of active addons.

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

warfarebuildings

warfarebuildings

Addon lrm119 (entry LRM119) not found in the list of active addons.

lrm119

lrm119

lrm119

lrm119

lrm119

lrm119

Addon warfarebuildings (entry WarfareBNest) not found in the list of active addons.

warfarebuildings

Addon warfarebuildings (entry WarfareBNest) not found in the list of active addons.

warfarebuildings

warfarebuildings

Addon bk12_nets (entry bk12_HowitzNET_US) not found in the list of active addons.

bk12_nets

Addon bk12_nets (entry bk12_HowitzNET_US) not found in the list of active addons.

bk12_nets

bk12_nets

Addon editorupdate_v102 (entry AAFU057) not found in the list of active addons.

editorupdate_v102

Warning Message: Script scalar bool array string 0xe0ffffefSetMagazineBoxMarker.sqs not found

Addon editorupdate_v102 (entry AAFU063) not found in the list of active addons.

editorupdate_v102

Warning Message: Script scalar bool array string 0xe0ffffefSetMagazineBoxMarker.sqs not found

Addon editorupdate_v102 (entry AAFU052) not found in the list of active addons.

editorupdate_v102

Addon editorupdate_v102 (entry AAFU049) not found in the list of active addons.

editorupdate_v102

Addon bk12_nets (entry bk12_LGE_US) not found in the list of active addons.

bk12_nets

Creating debriefing

Also tried creating a mission.sqm with the same project and everything worked fine. I only get a scalar error on empty ammo boxes. Ill get those out of the mission.

ArmaExt included in the new 3DE Version should be complete now and the download is fixed.

Excuse me my Antivirus Prg on our Server kicked the exe also while packing.

Loaded the new version and still am getting the following in the arm.rpt file.

warfarebuildings

warfarebuildings

warfarebuildings

lrm119

lrm119

lrm119

lrm119

lrm119

lrm119

warfarebuildings

warfarebuildings

warfarebuildings

bk12_nets

bk12_nets

bk12_nets

Addon bk12_nets (entry bk12_LGE_US) not found in the list of active addons.

bk12_nets

SW animation used for bk12_nets_us\bk12_lge-us.p3d - Not all levels have Keep Height set

Addon map_eu (entry MAP_E04C004N) not found in the list of active addons.

map_eu

Addon map_eu (entry MAP_E04C004N) not found in the list of active addons.

map_eu.

All the addons are included in the folders Im using. Its like it doesnt know they are there. this is using the SQF file in a mission. Im using Warfare bunkers in the mission as well as a couple of other addons. Now the strange thing is my work IS showing up in the mission.

Probably these classes are missing in vehices array of cfgPatches

Probably these classes are missing in vehices array of cfgPatches

Yo, looks like it. There are some BI objects listed as well, anybody willing to report that? wink_o.giftounge2.gif

ArmaExt included in the new 3DE Version should be complete now and the download is fixed.

Excuse me my Antivirus Prg on our Server kicked the exe also while packing.

No worries, I'm sure it's worth the wait! wink_o.gif

If your running AVG turn off the resident sheild and then start the run.bat file

Bingo. Thanks for this tip smile_o.gif