Sign in to follow this  
StefX

New ArmA II Pictures!

Doesn't look too bad. The HDR seems to have been toned back a bit, which is probably for the best.

Yeah, I noticed that. The terrain, while looking more realistic, is also looking a bit dull and dying.

I liked the direction the graphics were taking, but the more recent pictures look like a return to the "washed-out graphics" accusation of OFP:CWC. I hope it is not a result of an attempt to imitate the graphics of OFP2, because I'm not a big fan of their high-contrast filters, either.

The terrain, while looking more realistic, is also looking a bit dull and dying.

It is set in Autumn and looks pretty damn close to their reference pictures, to be fair, but I see your point. I guess we'll have to see a video of it to really judge.

I agree it has the After Montignac feel, but we'll have to see if the missions do as well smile_o.gif

I really hope they add some season-specific dynamics to the environment, i.e. falling leaves etc.

They already did months ago (leaves falling at least) smile_o.gif Check out the videos released so far smile_o.gif

Nice Pictures! Actually the first one looked like OFP2 on the first look....

But i hope the effects will get reworked a bit.

Why has the Hellfire a 100% wrong trajectory/flightpath and smoke?

I fear that this will mean that ultra-unrealistic TAB/Fire/TAB/Fire/TAB/Fire again.... bah....

BIS, did you never read the flightbook of the Cobra? Never watched the countless of youtube Videos about the Hellfire Gunnery? Please consider some serious Military-Consulting.....

They (Hellfire) working with laser-marking!!! And they fly high in the SKY and impact then from more-or-less above!

Please change this.....and remove the smoke from the Hellfire - they have NONE in RL.

I Really hope for more Realism this time...

Best Regards, Christian

Nice Pictures! Actually the first one looked like OFP2 on the first look....

But i hope the effects will get reworked a bit.

Why has the Hellfire a 100% wrong trajectory/flightpath and smoke?

I fear that this will mean that ultra-unrealistic TAB/Fire/TAB/Fire/TAB/Fire again.... bah....

BIS, did you never read the flightbook of the Cobra? Never watched the countless of youtube Videos about the Hellfire Gunnery? Please consider some serious Military-Consulting.....

They (Hellfire) working with laser-marking!!! And they fly high in the SKY and impact then from more-or-less above!

Please change this.....and remove the smoke from the Hellfire - they have NONE in RL.

I Really hope for more Realism this time...

Best Regards, Christian

Hellfires have two fire modes I believe 1 of which is where they hit it from the top and the other is a straight on method (last I heard).

I like the new screens though they do have a real nice feeling to them. Can't wait for it to come out.

I love the Eastern European autumn feel. No more banana republics!

Same here, feels much more like OFP somehow smile_o.gif. Like the open areas aswell for tank battles.

I agree, and i've been playing good old OPF again lately smile_o.gif .

Hi, about those 4 new screenshots... it's good to know that BIS

has upgraded the units shape and watch a M16A4 Aimpoint in first

place, so no one else have to it instead 'em; but, are the units left

handed?? why they've the drop magazines pouch in the right side?,

and why the backpack is Marpat(w) when they are Coyote Tan or

Green?. I hope that the Jonn's USMC units be ported to ArmA2 looking

at that; but those BIS units really look much better than in previous

screenshots. Let's C ya

hey actually man, I have an issued digital molley assault pack... FYI... The Molley Pack has an Attached Assault "back-pack" tha is digital as well as the molley pack itself. I think that is what they are trying to simulate. (a fully packed assault pack)    PIC: http://www.mcnews.info/mcnewsi....e2a.jpg

the upper part of the pack that bulges out, that is the "Assault pack" it can be taken off and worn itself as a "backpack".

Yeah, I was thinking that maybe the detail settings weren't turned up very high.

Certainly will help to see it in video.

about the faces You don't need to worry they will look better (it seems it was either build issue or settings) ...

Yeah, finally more ofp in ofp...ehm, ArmA.

I really hope they'll show the upgraded AI on GC.

If BI brothered to makes use of things that they already have(ie:3rd party scripts), make use of some of our suggestions, and makes them work more efficiently and CPU friendly and give more correct content, i dont thing we need to be worried, but right now there is notthing telling me how much the game manage to put itself together, i mean come on! OFP2 is coming, if BI really dont change the pitiful part of the engine we have been talking about for years they dont stand a chance

This does look a bit like ArmA, I'm not sure if I'll buy ArmA 2 if it's just ArmA with some new maps tounge2.gif

Still the crappy Abrams model. It's like a flat version of the real. And weird curves on the turret, shouldn't it be straight?

This does look a bit like ArmA, I'm not sure if I'll buy ArmA 2 if it's just ArmA with some new maps tounge2.gif

Possibly you should download the CG press kit and take a look at the things shown there... then tell em again how it still looks liek ArmA...

And maybe some have seen the first ingame vids from OFP2 and noticed that a ton of target render screens not neccesary mean that the game will look that awesome.

@ shadow : I think Howard isn't blind and was being ironic, hence the smiley...

My faith in BIS is now stronger than ever. I've always been a harsh critic but now take back any negative thoughts from the early 1.0-1.08 arma days, this was all worth it.

Hehe, nice to see how much these new pics and info ( and first scenes of OFP2 ) have converted even the critics into believers smile_o.gif

Amen ^^

The pictures are too big for BIs shitty forum, I resized them for you.

Hey! Only BI's employees are allowed to call our shitty forum shitty, thank you very much!

Starts a chant "New Website, New Forum, New Website, New Forum!"

All on September first as one big package deal! smile_o.gif

I wish I worked for BIS so I could promote the crap out of this. I want an insanely large community following this game so I've got more people to shoot at.

Hehe, nice to see how much these new pics and info ( and first scenes of OFP2 ) have converted even the critics into believers smile_o.gif

Amen ^^

nah....not really whistle.gif

01549113ci8.jpg

What's up with the abrams? Looks like a flattened model and the turret is having weird curves on the sides. It looks nothing like this, for example:

abram15.jpg

Maybe some are older pics? But atleast one is showing fixed animation ^_^.

My knowledge about US armory is very limited but i would think that is the TUSK upgrade version.

Or at least a part of it.

Pic

My knowledge about US armory is very limited but i would think that is the TUSK upgrade version.

Or at least a part of it.

Pic

Still it looks like half of the turret is cut off. Why don't they do a proper model?