Sign in to follow this  
StefX

New ArmA II Pictures!

Nice Pictures! Actually the first one looked like OFP2 on the first look....

But i hope the effects will get reworked a bit.

Why has the Hellfire a 100% wrong trajectory/flightpath and smoke?

I fear that this will mean that ultra-unrealistic TAB/Fire/TAB/Fire/TAB/Fire again.... bah....

BIS, did you never read the flightbook of the Cobra? Never watched the countless of youtube Videos about the Hellfire Gunnery? Please consider some serious Military-Consulting.....

They (Hellfire) working with laser-marking!!! And they fly high in the SKY and impact then from more-or-less above!

Please change this.....and remove the smoke from the Hellfire - they have NONE in RL.

I Really hope for more Realism this time...

Best Regards, Christian

Hellfires have two fire modes I believe 1 of which is where they hit it from the top and the other is a straight on method (last I heard).

I like the new screens though they do have a real nice feeling to them. Can't wait for it to come out.

no....

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/missile/agm-114.htm

1. There will be a very great Arma-Mod out soon which has it nearly 100% relistically incorporated like in RL

2. I will open a suggestions-thread about a improvement in all Gunnerys, because for Arma2 the "Most realistic military simulation" like they call it, the current Arma ways are a NO-GO!

My knowledge about US armory is very limited but i would think that is the TUSK upgrade version.

Or at least a part of it.

Pic

Still it looks like half of the turret is cut off. Why don't they do a proper model?

Well why dont you wait how it looks in the release and then criticise it? smile_o.gif

BIS works close with the US and some other countries military so im pretty sure they know what they are doing.

Nice Pictures! Actually the first one looked like OFP2 on the first look....

But i hope the effects will get reworked a bit.

Why has the Hellfire a 100% wrong trajectory/flightpath and smoke?

I fear that this will mean that ultra-unrealistic TAB/Fire/TAB/Fire/TAB/Fire again.... bah....

BIS, did you never read the flightbook of the Cobra? Never watched the countless of youtube Videos about the Hellfire Gunnery? Please consider some serious Military-Consulting.....

They (Hellfire) working with laser-marking!!! And they fly high in the SKY and impact then from more-or-less above!

Please change this.....and remove the smoke from the Hellfire - they have NONE in RL.

I Really hope for more Realism this time...

Best Regards, Christian

Hellfires have two fire modes I believe 1 of which is where they hit it from the top and the other is a straight on method (last I heard).

I like the new screens though they do have a real nice feeling to them. Can't wait for it to come out.

no....

1. There will be a very great Arma-Mod out soon which has it nearly 100% relistically incorporated like in RL

2. I will open a suggestions-thread about a improvement in all Gunnerys, because for Arma2 the "Most realistic military simulation" like they call it, the current Arma ways are a NO-GO!

From the link you provided:

Quote[/b] ]An autonomous engagement requires the aircraft launching the missile to guide it all the way to the target after the missile is away. In this method, a single aircraft and its crew will locate, identify, fire, and guide the missile until destruction of the target in the same way an M2/M3 Bradley crew employs its TOW missiles.

Therefore it is possible for it to go straight at the target. I will admit that apparently it is almost always used in an attack down method though. That would be a nice feature to add into ArmA II but I don't find it to be a requirement for it to be a good game. Its much more fun (for me atleast) to pop up from behind a hill fire and then duck back down than it is to sit behind a hill and just lob missiles over it.

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/7514/01549113ci8.jpg

What's up with the abrams? Looks like a flattened model and the turret is having weird curves on the sides. It looks nothing like this, for example:

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/abrams/images/abram15.jpg

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about, can you mark these curves in mspaint so we could get a clearer understanding?

I think its a result of the perspective rather than the model being wrong. I know it seems you might see the barrel but it doesn't look like you should to me.

In the third picture his hand is going under the launcher.

My guess is the "safe" anims haven't been redone, but the regular 'combat/ready' ones have.

I hope it means any modders are open to creating their own animation phases for weapons they create. That'd be great, but a lot more work to get just right.

Well there's an overstatement.

My knowledge about US armory is very limited but i would think that is the TUSK upgrade version.

Or at least a part of it.

Pic

Still it looks like half of the turret is cut off. Why don't they do a proper model?

I can confirm you that nothing at the Abrams is "cut off".

Some people complain just for the heck of it. Even if everything in ArmA2 would be perfect, I'm sure at least one would find a screw that is of the wrong type.

icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm so pleased to see OFP/ArmA/whatever back in the ol' colour scheme. ArmAs graphics were terrific but the game wasn't as immersive as OFP due to the shiny graphics. Well, the deserts worked out OK, but the more lush areas did not. Anyway - more gray, more brown, less bloom! biggrin_o.gif

Also, I can't understand some people and their complaints. Which would you prefer:

1) BIS putting some more time into the pathfinding so that the AI can enter a chopper without having to run half way cross the island.

2) Perfectly 3D-modelled Abrams.

If you are the kind of person that wants everything modelled 100% right, you're going to wind up using addons anyway so why bother complaining?

Anyway, just popped in here to give my two cents. The little information I've read and seen seems great. I just hope BIS can patch up a decent single player experience this time, the excuse of a campaign that came with ArmA probably scared away a lot of potential players (and buyers, seeing as how players nowadays take the liberty of acquiring "demos" in unorthodox ways whistle.gif) as well as reviewers.

Two new screenshots:

I think those screens are old. The colour looks more like the older builds. It doesn't have those post-processing effects you can see on the other shots.

Why do some news sites keep videos and screen shots only to release them when they are outdated? huh.gif

I could be wrong though.

I'm so pleased to see OFP/ArmA/whatever back in the ol' colour scheme. ArmAs graphics were terrific but the game wasn't as immersive as OFP due to the shiny graphics. Well, the deserts worked out OK, but the more lush areas did not. Anyway - more gray, more brown, less bloom! biggrin_o.gif

No!no brown, just a little gray/haze(?), please*looking at OPF2 screenshot*

and yes, less bloom, less contrast too

I reckon in the last few days that comic has been linked to on these forums about...say, 10,000 times?

(yes that was an overstatement Plaintiff. Deal with it! :P)

Yeap, I think it's become a meme as well, if not then its well on it's way to becomming one.

About the cobra firing straight. I think mr.g-c is right. Mapfact has done it at least with LOAL/LOBL hellfire firing modes on their Apache. LOAL simulates the straight forward shot and with LOBL you aquire target then dive behind a hill/obstacle and fire, the hellfire will go straight up and then down onto the target. My point is, its allready done in ArmA so BIS should be able to easily add it into ArmA2 by looking at the scripts.

would be sweet anyway.

About the screens last couple of days, i like it! Graphics has really stepped up. Good work BIS!

Regards

ALex

Yes if BIS could implement Mando Missiles out of the box, that would be awsome to simulate almost any kind of missile pattern.

But the problem with usermade script is that I don't think BIS can just copy paste the code into their game as it's someone else work.

So unless they get the permission from dozens of talented scripters to add/modify their code for free, I don't see it coming. The hassle of trying to contact the people, get their permission, write a contract with non-professioals and so on would probably be dissuasive.

72 @ Aug. 25 2008,10:26)]About the cobra firing straight. I think mr.g-c is right. Mapfact has done it at least with LOAL/LOBL hellfire firing modes on their Apache. LOAL simulates the straight forward shot and with LOBL you aquire target then dive behind a hill/obstacle and fire, the hellfire will go straight up and then down onto the target. My point is, its allready done in ArmA so BIS should be able to easily add it into ArmA2 by looking at the scripts.

would be sweet anyway.

About the screens last couple of days, i like it! Graphics has really stepped up. Good work BIS!

Regards

ALex

It was done in Arma by Mapfact team and even in OFP by Franze with his AH-64's (only mentioning public releases), that's not to say its easy to do.

Btw LOAL and LOBL are both climbing missile firemodes, just with different ranges and height ceilings.

Scroll down and read the text under the 4 trajectory boxes.

Those screenshots don't mean anything. Just have a gander at the screenshots thread and you will see that you can get some bloody good results from a game which some people struggle to play on medium settings. Parvus was posting great screenshots from OFP. I don't know why the majority of you have orgasms over some pictures.

All i want to know is if the AI can fly those helos in a formation without crashing and if they can use there weapons correctly. icon_rolleyes.gif

Those screenshots don't mean anything. Just have a gander at the screenshots thread and you will see that you can get some bloody good results from a game which some people struggle to play on medium settings. Parvus was posting great screenshots from OFP. I don't know why the majority of you have orgasms over some pictures.

All i want to know is if the AI can fly those helos in a formation without crashing and if they can use there weapons correctly. icon_rolleyes.gif

I disagree with the helicopterformation-stuff. I think you go too far.

All i want to know is if the AI can fly those helos in a formation without crashing and if they can use there weapons correctly.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Really? Is that all you really want?

Well I suppose there are probably Helo sims out there that could cure that twitch.

But you see, there are alot of "All I want is..."- "dammit why can't BIS just add this one GodD**M feature!" 's

Each one of those 'suggestions' could be found in another game that focused soley on that niche area, while Arma is attempting to tackle a vast amount of these hurdles the best they can. Stop acting likes it's easy and BIS are just lazy- if it was, CM would have shelled out 10 sequels by now.

It was done in Arma by Mapfact team and even in OFP by Franze with his AH-64's (only mentioning public releases), that's not to say its easy to do.

Btw LOAL and LOBL are both climbing missile firemodes, just with different ranges and height ceilings.

Scroll down and read the text under the 4 trajectory boxes.

Yeah.

My point was that its already done and that BIS could take a look at the scripts to see how it was done. If i made scripts for ArmA and BIS wanted to implement it, id have no problems with it, as it would make the whole thing better and with less needs of addons. But then again, im no scripter and i do respect addon makers that wouldnt like that ofcourse. smile_o.gif

And i never meant it to be "easy" (i know it isnt easy to make these scripts). Just easy for BIS to at least look at the scripts and come up with something themselves. If they implement it themselves - it should be something similar in code i guess. I dont know how many different ways you can make the same thing in ArmA, as im no scripter. wink_o.gif

Regards

Alex