Sign in to follow this  
OFman

OFM Uhao

I had issues when trying to run a dedi server on my server. Let us both connect but then said waiting for server. Then nothing happened. But there was no error message on the server console. But then i ran it via ingame on my machine, and we both connected fine.

Dedi server = q6600, 2gb ddr2 8500, asus p5w-dh Win server 2003 64bit. Plenty of extra addons installed but not running any mods.

Cheers

GC

Great island! thumbs-up.gif

Nice island OFman ! would b nice if i had grass on it,what iam doing wrong? i put the pbo s in arma addons folder ,also tried modfolder. iam using arma 1.14 +QG  mods ECS,SLX,Truemods,FFAA,Armaeffects,DMsmoke,RUG,HiFI PLZ HELP THX Dave

Ckeck your terrain-settings in the ECS-Options. You won't have grass if the ecs-setting is on Low (or VeryLow?).

MfG, Medicus

Most excellent map, albeit a bit hard on my framerates with all the trees placed so dense.

Wonder how long it will take for a WARFARE mission to be available, this one would be excellent with just Infantry, light vehicles and some choppers.

Wonder how long it will take for a WARFARE mission to be available, this one would be excellent with just Infantry, light vehicles and some choppers.

I saw one online last night.

(...)

Edited by Andre

I don't do pbo unpacking stuff.. If i delete watkins island, will the island appear as it was supposed to be?

I don't do pbo unpacking stuff.. If i delete watkins island, will the island appear as it was supposed to be?

Yes.

Can anyone mirror that Warfare mission, Filefront is playing me up here and is stuck in a loop, killed cookies closed & refreshed, but its still arsing around in both my browsers.

Can anyone mirror that Warfare mission, Filefront is playing me up here and is stuck in a loop, killed cookies closed & refreshed, but its still arsing around in both my browsers.

Here u have it from Armaholic.com:

- Warfare - PIP - Uhao (@)

Here u have it from Armaholic.com:

- Warfare - PIP - Uhao (@)

Cool thanks, maybe this should be posted in the actual Warfare Thread too, I looked there but unless I missed it I didn't see a thread for it.

Off topic in a way, sorry.

SBP Team organizes an international multiplayer mission Tourists on Uhao a.k.a (ToU) to celebrate the release of Uhao!

Who's Playing?

Mission is open for everyone that signs up here. Other squads and individuals are welcome to join, because PMC need all the help they can get. SBP will have at least 12 men ready for OPFOR side while around 18 slots are open for your PMCs.

Objectives?

Tourists aka PMC (Mercenaries) are before another "dirty war". Their goal is to land at Uhao International in Maili and neutralize drugdealing dictator Ramon Vidal (played by SBP C/O). Before he becomes vunerable PMCs must destroy 5 selected installations.

Ramon is believed to be protected by at least 12-men SBP Team from Slovenia, a single squad that enforces the order around the island, while installations and roads are guarded by local Ramon's soldiers (AI). US marines are stationed on a ship nearby Uhao but they probably don't have order to get involded until PMCs report back... so we count on you people!

When?

August 5th, Tuesday at 1900 ZULU time (that is 21:00 euro and 20:00 UK time) on teamspeak and server you recieve info via PM.

You can signup by replying to topic here. Cya on Uhao, private!

Any chance you will fix the ai paths on roads in the near future, OFman?

The road-path in DA-96 is completely broken.

Try making an AI drive from the complex in DB-97 and north on the road.

uhao_road.jpg

dang, im sad to say i uninstalled ArmA recently, this map looks amazing. That video looks dang near real! :P

Great job. If i ever reinstall, ill be sure to check this out!

@Shadow

Yes, there will be an update of Uhao but maybe in september or later.

One of our guys tested the "very low terrain" settings on Uhao because in PvP we spotted that some opponents engaged us when we were lying on ground - from very far.  We usually use "very high" settings and all we saw were trees in about 100m view distance.

That might be a huge problem on Uhao.... when our tester set terrain to very low, bushes and other concealment actually lift from the ground and soldiers lying on the ground were totally exposed (total visual contact). I guess many n00bs with optics now use that tactics... Our tester has noticed that this bug works on 300meter+ distances only.

Can you guys please make more tests: leave all options on default/very high and then use verylow for terrain. Out tester uses Asus GTX280 + intel coreduo Q6600. I suspect that might be an overall ArmA problem, not only on Uhao. We're conducting further tests now.

We love fairplay and its bad to see that some players have an outstanding advantage in a rich and amazing combat environment like Uhao is. Thank you.

Hi, for many (i guess) that the high or avobe terrain detail settings

it's a problem, a performance problem; it's for me with a Dual Core,

3Gb of RAM & a Nvidia 8800GTS so i guess that if i have clearly

noticeable performance hit when using just a few addons (mainly

Jonn's units & addon weapons) others may have the same or worst.

Also seems that have Avgani Iraq v0.9, Gardinas v1.1(updated) and

Uaho v1.0 on the same mod folder called: @Islands. Makes my PC

a bit unstable, but may be some other thing... after all... this is a PC...

. Let's C ya

hello I have the same problem as wipman. Whit a few units in the editor get fps about 20 -35 max.Flyin a plain drops to 2-8fps.On other islands(maps) no problems whit the same settings. Dave

You both forgot to post PC specs =) I'm using coreduo E6850 with 8800GT 512MB and ArmA and Uhao work perfectly on high settings and 1280x1024 (only 19" currently at home). Uhao has incredible detail so you two might lower a viewing distance to 2500-3000m.

I know I'll use setTerrainGrid and setViewDistance from now on on all PvP missions.

@ IceBreakr

This is standard ArmA behavior.

Very low terrain draws terrain less detailed on distance.

This means lower most of the time.

Many people play with very low to disable grass to get enough

FPS. wink_o.gif

However terrain detail is a mission setting anyway..

so, who's making some single player missions for this?  Here's a radical new idea, non warfare/evo/dom missions for mp on this island.  Actually, I'd probably play a domination version.

GREAT ISLAND!

Sound good, I cant wait until you get them done so we can all test them out.

I have made 10 single player missions or to be played by 4 player coop for the island.

It is a kind of free Uhao campaign.

We are testing/tweaking them just now. PM me and I will send them to anyone interested when they are ready.

It's a great looking Island, loved it so I made a Mission for it.

We tested it with 4 others and unfortunately there is just TOO MUCH detail regardless of settings for many players. FPS and Lag issues made it unplayable for many.

Is there any thought of making a Lite Version of the Island with just Palm Trees?

Thanks