Sign in to follow this  
OFman

OFM Uhao

OFM Uhao

Version: 1.0

Developer: OFman

Description: OFM Uhao is an island with tropical ambient and atmosphere. Terrain elevation is based on real Oahu island in Hawaian area.

Notes:

-Sometimes AI has problems with pathfinding on roads. I recommend put more waypoints for AI if it's possible.

-If you want order AI to land on the airfield you should use secondary landing place (which is the same airfield as first one but with different parameters). Use <_plane landAt 1> command.

Big thanks for all testers especially:

eJay

T_bone

Mateck

Volt

W0lle

Screenshots:

ofm_uhao_rel1s.jpg ofm_uhao_rel2s.jpg

ofm_uhao_rel3s.jpg ofm_uhao_rel4s.jpg

ofm_uhao_rel5s.jpg ofm_uhao_rel6s.jpg

Trailer: http://www.vimeo.com/1364912

Link:

http://www.arma-zone.pl/download,12,120,dl [123 MB]

Armaholic mirror [79 MB] (7z)

Have fun smile_o.gif

O flippin hell I cant stay up late again tonight...:-) been looking forward to this.

Had a look..... it really is Lush I will be spending quite a bit of time here thanks.

Congrats on an awesome release, this has been much anticipated - downloading now, looks awesome thumbs-up.gif

Just about to take a flight over it smile_o.gif

Great work !

[TAO] Kremator

Holy $h!t I like it. Admittedly I've only had this in game roughly 2 hours but so far so good. The scenery is stupendous on max settings, runs pretty well too. I'm excited to get some missions ported onto Uhao, I got a few in mind. This looks like it will work great with the mission I'm currently working on, slowly I might add, as well.

Thanks for all the hours spent thus far and into the future if necessary. A new island makes me a happy man.

pistols.gifyay.gifthumbs-up.gif

Humh... I get an Out of Memory error when I try to play on the map, a true shame, I have been waiting for this one for a long time.

Humh... I get an Out of Memory error when I try to play on the map,

Have you tried patching to the latest version or putting -nomap in your Arma shortcut?

An awesome island. It almost reminds me of the type of scenery in the first Ghost Recon games. Very scenic, almost like taking a vacation from the desert.

I had a Zodiac drop me off in the southern cove, then I took a quick hike around the southern end.

Time to go fly around it. Or maybe jump out of the Cessna parachute in, and find my way out, ala Man vs Wild.

This is one SWEET looking island!! notworthy.gif

Let's hope there will be a lot of missions created for this island!

Respect for the creator of this piece of art!! notworthy.gif

Best regards, Claymore.

Armaholic mirror and news:

- OFM Uhao Island (<79 MB packed with 7zip, anyways u can also use winrar to extract it)

Well, it's a pity I'm stuck on such a damn SLOW connection, cause I would love to take a look at this. Give me 24 hours. biggrin_o.gif

Looks superb, the FPS isnt half bad either (and thats on my XP partition which is pretty fragmented at the moment).

Enough roads and places to travel, bases to use for attack and small islands to launch boat insertions biggrin_o.gif

Very nice, and bigger than I initially thought it would be. Theres some large bumpy high but flat terrain thats in the hills to the north, I flew over, haven't put any AI there yet, seems quite a vast area without some kind of back road or track through it with such large space to use. Its the area with lots of smaller dips and large single rocks planted on each "bump".

The only other thing that might be my mods causing it, but not sure is the grass, they are long reeds in clumps, the scattering is dotted and when moving as the grass draws itself it looks more obvious than BI grass (you can see far more flat non grass floor). Its not a killer by any stretch and I will get used to it but wanted to know what others thought realy.

Saying that when you go prone in the grass it makes for a nice feel of concealment.

I always ask this, how much is stock B.S trees and your own / How much will Durgs veg fix work on this island?

Thanks OFman   wink_o.gif  

Yes have the same opinion as Stavanger. Ten points comes from ArmABase.de too smile_o.gif

ArmABase.de Mirror and News:

OFM Uhao by OFman

Kind regards

Miller

SBP team admires all the hard work by OFman and his betatesting team and therefor we will transfer all our MP missions to Uhao and release them as a MP-pack for others to enjoy (addon pack will be put together, too). We have over than 100 missions put on various arma islands but we'll move them to the Uhao now and try to improve them even further.

Be tuned for "Tourists on Uhao" MP event next week around 1900Z, but open mission slots will be limited and each player will have a server password and instructions sent over before the start.

Hi, between Uhao, Avgani Irak and Gardinas... we've all the islands

that we need and with a great quality and alot of posiblities, booth

for MP & SP, very good job on this piece of island.

Uhao

uaho.jpg

Let's C ya

Tested this today and it is super! I like the detail in the vegetation and i was afraid the fps would be bad, but to the contrary, fps is high! Very good performance. It has a bit hard edges on top of mountains, but we dont have to run around there anyway. smile_o.gif

Great quality island. Thanks for your hard work!

EDIT: The sounds when walking is gone on this island. Im running FDF Soundmod and the footstep and gear sounds are not playing out. Im guessing the surface are not standard surface? I changed to another map and footsteps is there. Weird when there is no sound at all while moving on foot. Just thaught i let you know.

Regards

Alex

I haven't had much time to visit the Island because "I'm under heavy fire", trying to hold the darn bridge.

Beautiful Island and as far as I can work out a nice little MP mission.

Thanks one and all.

PS, I ran the Island+MP mission+ the dreaded XAM, that was fun.

thks for the island..!!

download now....!!!