Sign in to follow this  
OFman

OFM Uhao

Mine freezes the game at the loading screen and the map never loads. Good thing I have the -Window extension. In full screen I couldn't alt+f4 or alt tab out and was forced to reboot!

I wanted to play this map too sad_o.gifbanghead.gif

I fixed the included Bridge defense mission:

* Time before attack is now between 60 and 120 secs.

* alivecheck script fixed

* Overview for those playing it in SP

Download v1.02

i am having problems with it crashing aswell. i can load the map up in the multiplayer mission included, but not in the editor. as soon as i hit preview the map crashes. and also when i quit out of the multiplayer mission and try to go back to the main screen, it crashes because it tries to load the map in the background. I got a 1gb 8600gt with latest drivers, 2gb of ram, so i am not sure what the issue might be

I will test this very beautiful map today, and i will report back with any faliures, i an thinkng LOST haha

This is a very great map, i love the natural look of it.

I took a trip by boat around Uhao, than i flew around with an MH-6 and found no errors on that island so far. inlove.gif

very nice work. fps on the ground is pretty decent but when flying a helicopter the game dies after a awhile

Link not working for me.

Thanks.

My default VD was way too high so I set it back to 1500 in Video Options and that fixed my CTD problems when I loaded the map

I like this island so much I don't know what to do with it.

You know what I mean?

I just walk around in there and admire the scenery

I think i just soiled myself out of excitement !!

Seriously though, looks awesome smile_o.gif

How does the AI handle the terrain for combat?

Its a very nice map, but its a shame Its unplayable on my system and flying knocks my framerate down to about 3-5 huh.gif

Anyways goodjob.

I wonder how the map loads for some but not for others... Interesting. The map works when I enter MP mode but in the editor I cannot open the map. I was hoping to edit my Addon version of Warfare into it.

There appears to be some incompatibility between this island and that Watkins Mountains island released the other week.

The grass and fern clutter disappears from Uhao if I run ArmA with both islands installed. It's fine if I remove watkins.pbo so I imagine that's where the fault lies.

Just letting you know incase other people have noticed that they're lacking grass on Uhao.

Excellent and awesome Island, really impressive. Only point i would admit is that i miss a little bit larger villages. Don't mean big Towns but enlarge one or two villages to doubled size as they are now would be fine. Especially the Village at the Airport.

Also some touristic Beach attractions would be nice. But hey, thats whining around on a really high level. biggrin_o.gif

Darn sexy stuff ofman!

I will look at the watkins config if noone else does. I guess it overrides some of the CfgSurfaces and some other class entries,  which are also used by Uhao.

Link not working for me.

Thanks.

banghead.gif

Link is fixed now.

Download

Sorry.

Quote[/b] ]There appears to be some incompatibility between this island and that Watkins Mountains island released the other week.

The grass and fern clutter disappears from Uhao if I run ArmA with both islands installed. It's fine if I remove watkins.pbo so I imagine that's where the fault lies.

Just letting you know incase other people have noticed that they're lacking grass on Uhao.

As expected, it's the CfgSurfaces of watkins that break Uhao.

I'm further testing what's up, and will update this post ongoing smile_o.gif

Update

Seems the requiredAddons, world structure, and surfaces were bugged.

Watkins Fixed config (Check Readme)

I had a good blast on this last night and its very nice, some screens should be made of some of the denser areas some nice foilage.

One thing I noticed is that I get mainly the water squelch sound when on roads and grass, that's my sound mod, but every other map is ok apart from this, some roads and grass seem to just trigger wet floor sounds and this doesn't change when walking back onto certain roads, you might want to look at that or see if anyone else reports it.

Not a killer by any stretch but thought id post.

Edit:

Quote[/b] ]Seems the requiredAddons, world structure, and surfaces were bugged.

Sickboy is what ive posted related to that? (I dont have watkins island though) cant download at the moment to check

Nice island OFman ! would b nice if i had grass on it,what iam doing wrong? i put the pbo s in arma addons folder ,also tried modfolder. iam using arma 1.14 +QG mods ECS,SLX,Truemods,FFAA,Armaeffects,DMsmoke,RUG,HiFI PLZ HELP THX Dave

Nice island! Love it!

tho do you have any plans to add a large city to this island in any future releases?

Really? No wonder it played fine on my pc.

It did look a bit empty but I thought it was supposed to be like that.

To be honest I kind of prefer it like that, framerate-wise.

I try the fix and see if the island is playable with grass on and report back.