Sign in to follow this  

OK thank you, the Pics are old and we have already inserted, now, however, she has a new assigned. By the way, there is no Readme in the file. Thank you for your efforts, very good work.

Civilians v0.1 BETA by Schnapsdrosel

Sorry for my bad English... whistle.gif

Regards,

Stavanger

Schnap schnap schnappi... thanks a lot!

Btw: where is the "mad scientist" dude, included? smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I made the civilians available under the Independant and the Civilian side, just for you

Just for me? Ah, heck, Schnappy, you're making me blush...

Thanks a million for this beautiful and useful addon.

Also, where do I find that pistol grip shotgun the blonde black dude is sporting?

Great work, but the performance-impact of those civillians is just horrible.

Place 25 of em in Rahmadi, play and then place 25 BIS Civillians and you'll notice the huge difference.

Is there any chance you could somehow improve the performance-loss with them? We would really like to use them in our Mission.

Best Regards, Christian

It's the section count that's killing you. For each civilian, you're aiming at a maximum of 3 sections, tops, for each LOD. Get that done and your blokes will run better than BIS' civvies. smile_o.gif

It looks like you have too much cavity map on those vests. It makes them look a little dirty, but not in a natural way.

Here's the improved version of the civilian pack:

download civilians_0.9b

Change log:

v0.9 Beta

- tried to improve performance of the models by lowering the section count

- added "grandma" model

- made the civilians available under all sides

- some minor model changes

grandmaarmazz1.jpg

Also, where do I find that pistol grip shotgun the blonde black dude is sporting?

I think it's from 6th sense mod...

Great work, but the performance-impact of those civillians is just horrible.

Place 25 of em in Rahmadi, play and then place 25 BIS Civillians and you'll notice the huge difference.

Is there any chance you could somehow improve the performance-loss with them? We would really like to use them in our Mission.

Best Regards, Christian

Please try out the new version and tell me if you experience any performance improvement.

It's the section count that's killing you. For each civilian, you're aiming at a maximum of 3 sections, tops, for each LOD. Get that done and your blokes will run better than BIS' civvies. smile_o.gif

Well, the lowest section count the default BI models have is 4

This includes:

1.) the face, hands, legs and feet

2.) Body

3.) clan sign

4.) unmapped stuff (weapons, binocular, nvg, etc.)

I managed to reduce some of the section counts of my models down to 3, which is the lowest possible count, if you want the model to have changing faces and be able to carry weapons.

If a hat or something is added to the model, the section count raises of course ...

The female models now have the highest section count, which is 7, but that's the same count the default BI soldier models have.

I did some tests, but the performance of the default ARMA civilians is still better, despite a lower section count of my models. Are there any other improvements that can be done besides the section count, that could higher the performance of these models?

It looks like you have too much cavity map on those vests.  It makes them look a little dirty, but not in a natural way.

Well, I like the way it looks, but feel free to edit my textures, I won't hesitate to use them, if they improve the look of my models  wink_o.gif

Schnap,

This is by far my favorite unit addon.  Great work.

The facepack is great to have also.  The old russian face in the East mercs is my favorite.

Is there any chance you could add that face to the face pack in the future?

I added two new faces to the face pack:

30477400lb1.jpg

download it here:

Mercenary Face Pack

Quote[/b] ]I did some tests, but the performance of the default ARMA civilians is still better, despite a lower section count of my models. Are there any other improvements that can be done besides the section count, that could higher the performance of these models?

Maybe textures and shading?

I noticed that the civillian pack alone is very large, maybe textures?

Dunno but i bet cameronmcdonald or others will gladly help you (maybe send them some Mlods?).

Regards, Christian

Thanks for the update Schnapsdrosel smile_o.gif

Hi Schnapsdrossel (i love that name, you know the "Bierbaron"?), unfortunately i have to tell you that the Performance is still considerably worse than with BIS default Civillians.

Actually they look very good, but you know when you have like 32 of em in MP game running, people will complain about performance.

Maybe you should really try to contact CameronMcdonald if he might help you with this.... Would be a shame if no-one uses them as they are looking very good. wink_o.gif

Good luck!

I got problem: I am using East Mercs in my mission. But I got normally FPS about 30-35. WHen I putted in close range about 10 your mercs, FPS... went down to 12-20!

Its totally unplayable! Someone got sollution for this?

E6550 Core 2

2GB RAM

Radeon X1950 Pro 256MB

Last format - 1 year ago

20GB addons installed and running

Original ArmA 1.14

I got problem: I am using East Mercs in my mission. But I got normally FPS about 30-35. WHen I putted in close range about 10 your mercs, FPS... went down to 12-20!

Its totally unplayable! Someone got sollution for this?

E6550 Core 2

2GB RAM

Radeon X1950 Pro 256MB

Last format - 1 year ago

20GB addons installed and running

Original ArmA 1.14

I would hazard a guess that it's the section count issue that some people have been mentioning off and on in this thread.