Sign in to follow this  

Man, I really wish you could use the body armor that are on Jonny's SF units, or something similiar. Your units look great, but I really think that you need to ditch the default BIS IBA's, despite you making them look better with extra pouches, and using something more modern.

Well then, all you need to do is get me an unbinarized .p3d from Johnny’s west model and his permission to use it. Send it to me and I will start updating my models immediately  wink_o.gif

Only wishful thinking, brother. wink_o.gif  I'm pretty sure that if you could change the armor, you would have done it a while ago.

I asked Johnny for the permission a while ago, in the time of waiting I could have made the vest myself, but I thought, that it would be stupid to create something for ArmA that is already there... That's the reason why the vest’s still look as they do now. But maybe if there would be more people bugging Johnny to give me the west model, it might increase the chances that it will happen some day rofl.gif

nice work Schnapsdrosel..those mercs are bad-ass... biggrin_o.gif ..downloading thoses asap...

Well schnapsdrosel if you really want to get rid of the BIS IBA's

chestrigcopy.jpg

http://www.vestbuilder.com/

On this site you can find several photos of various vests which you can use for a new vest.

Hope it will be any useful to you.

Lennard.

Personally, I'd go with Blackhawk or Eagle combat vests. They're well made.

I know I've said it already but darn great work man. Good work!

notworthy.gif Now my Blackwater Merc's can pistols.gif some fother muckers. whistle.gif

Great work, thanks for the effort, these guys are now hard at work protecting the Cayo oilfields thumbs-up.gif

Excellent work on the vest, very impressive.

Will you be creating some new pouches to go along with the vest as well? Like admin/map pouch, pistol magazine pouches, utility pouches etc.

Or just stick to the BIS default pouches and vary them up a bit dependent on the load out of a particular class?

I take it you're trying to mimic the IBA? Please do smile_o.gif! And great work.

I take it you're trying to mimic the IBA? Please do smile_o.gif! And great work.

More like the IOTV bud

@Zetah,

Right my mistake, remember I'm just a mechanic / crew chief wink_o.gif

Will you be creating some new pouches to go along with the vest as well? Like admin/map pouch, pistol magazine pouches, utility pouches etc.

Or just stick to the BIS default pouches and vary them up a bit dependent on the load out of a particular class?

Maybe I'll add 1 or 2 new pouches and use them in combination with the default BI ones...

Some different versions of the new vest:

newwest5ii9.jpg

newwest4vr6.jpg

newwest6auw3.jpg

newwest6bxx0.jpg

Thank you Schnapsdrosel for this very nice Civilians pack, it's a great addition to immersion during our missions.

Here is a little something that may help fellow mission makers, a simple pdf document showing a picture with the classname and displayname of all civilians belonging to the civ side.

(7760 Ko)

http://amb3940.be/arma/civs.pdf

All screenshots were took with the great Kronzky's Object Browser (http://kronzky.info/objectbrowser/).

Cheers

Maybe I'll add 1 or 2 new pouches and use them in combination with the default BI ones...

Some different versions of the new vest:

newwest5ii9.jpg

newwest4vr6.jpg

newwest6auw3.jpg

newwest6bxx0.jpg

Great job! However, you need to add the airborne tab over the 101st patch on the green baseball cap. Also, any possible way you could make that cap tan? I think it would look better with that color.

Ok, I added the airborne tab:

newwest14gn0.jpg

Sorry, but I like the green wink_o.gif ...

Thank you Schnapsdrosel for this very nice Civilians pack, it's a great addition to immersion during our missions.

Here is a little something that may help fellow mission makers, a simple pdf document showing a picture with the classname and displayname of all civilians belonging to the civ side.

(7760 Ko)

http://amb3940.be/arma/civs.pdf

All screenshots were took with the great Kronzky's Object Browser (http://kronzky.info/objectbrowser/).

Cheers

Thanks!

Your pdf looks well done.