Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Warfare 1.1.x [ MattR N&S ]

Bagango fast Travel spot is next to the edge of town near the depo. On a road.

Cool man with the new release. I'm just thinking that the majority of the players of the game will think the 1.1.4's, 1.1.5's, 1.1.6's, 1.1.7's are newer than the 1.1.3's ey?

Aye, thats why theres an 1.1.3f = f for final. But all the others start using 1.1.3 im sure they will soon undertsand.

Oh thats what "f" means hehe. I just noticed a lot of times when I'm playing in Karrillion's server, I'm asked why we are playing "older" versions of the map, when in fact, we aren't.

Minor suggestion: Make a 16 player map mode for new version. It'd help us people who are still a little lacking in the CPU department for AI. The only way to do this now is to manually go through the list of players before the round starts and make sure there are 8 AI per team instead of 16. That's just too much AI for my Athlon 5600+ 64 X2 ~2.8 GHz.

The ArmA dedicated server client keeps crashing on my server as soon as I have at least 8 people online. Otherwise it works fine with fewer than that, it's running on a Pentium 4 HT 3.4Ghz and 2GB of DDR400 on a fiber connection. Most people get 50 to 150 ping on my server but some of my friends say it's the mods that other people have and it causes my server to crash. Windows Professional SP2 doesn't even crash; just the ArmA client. How can I ever have a rock-solid stable server? Temperatures aren't an issue as well.

i think my arma ID has been stolen. I joined a server and someone with the same name and id did too and all havok got rained down and we both got booted duplicate ids. wink_o.gif So be wary. i will curretly only reside on the gol server

nothing to be much worried about. i had this a couple of times, including me impersonating other players in the chat system and sharing control over the same avatar (can be a lot of fun hehe). imho it looks like an arma or scripting bug, maybe caused by connection issues during JIP. but i don't have the exact steps to reproduce it...

We like this map,but the dead bodes slow down slower machines,if you could remove them after 5 minutes that would help the slower PCs. yay.gif Thx.PS This map is alot of fun...

Or use salvage trucks to get rid of them and credit the team that salvaged them... explain it as the small arms and gear was salvaged.... that'd be sweet!

Can you please up the view distance more? as it is right now I can sit in a tank and lock onto a vehicle that is 1100 away but I cant see anything beyond 900m except for empty land.

I think 2700 - 3200m would be enough, but as it is right now it is almost unplayable.

edit- Just got back from ripping the file apart and found the part that I think defines the VD, it was set to 2000 regular and 3000 air, but it made little difference when I increased their value. So, I suspect that is has something to do with the amount of fog which I dont think is set in the editor because it is already turned all the way down. Can you tell me if this is correct and how I can change/remove it?

Make tanks and attack helicopters more expensive. Ground battles are not prominent enough, its still to easy to get air, and air is to big a factor. AA pods and AT pods etc should be more expensive too.

Promotes more teamwork.

smile_o.gif

I'm inclined to say get rid of the ai suplly trucks altogether. Its allways a 50/50 chance that they complete their cycles. They just love getting stuck and the commander or someone has to be asked by the commander to go and destroy it so another one spawns. The ai supply trucks returning from Victoria is just a joke.

Oki ill have a look about implemting these last editions, and that error message was a last minute bug, casued by scrolling throught the scripts and probably pressing a key in doing so, im sure i fixed it though but i will have another look.

I have made warfare with all diffrent kinds of addons, diffrent islands and the like...one thing though iam having trouble with is making OPFOR the defending(nuetral) team and the RACS the other playable side(instead of opfor)..has anyone accomplished this yet?If you have id sure like a copy...

Any help here would be appreciated..

Regards,

Iceman

Hey Matt, would it be possible to add supply (repair, rearm, refuel) to the Airports? Ether trucks, or the main hanger have the same ability as in towns with the "T" option to repair/rearm/refuel. Personally I think actual trucks are better because the rearming time is a little more realistic, but ether way is fine. I'd really appreciate it biggrin_o.gif

Oh and the hitch vehicle thing is awesome btw.

The ability to rearm/repair/refuel at any airport would be great for those of us that like to fly and not waste are money on just one plane smile_o.gif

This game needs a *HEADBUG FIX SCRIPT*!!!

Some slots bug out while being played, in such a way that anyone who joins in the future in that particular slot WILL spawn with the headbug.

There is no way around it.

Possible lead as to the cause or related symptom; when I decided to play anyways on a very full server, using AI to support my team instead, I asked my troopers to "Rejoin Formation" and after a while I realized they had run a very long distance away.

The direction they went makes me suspect that they were running to the island that we are supposedly held at while we are dead, and before we have respawned.

Would the "headbug fix" script from Evolution and other maps from 1.08 work here, or does this require a more detailed fix?

Love the mod addition, makes the game last sooo much longer, 1 problem with it though.

The Added Random Environment Sounds, please I can't stand them, I understand that you wanted to add a little more ambient to the mod, except we can do without them. The bird chirps to loud and doesn't sound right when flying. The far off thunder is very annoying and sometimes confuses me when I'm about to approach a city.

Or maybe some one can help me figure out how to get rid of them?

Other than that this is an excellent mod, thanx.

The ability to rearm/repair/refuel at any airport would be great for those of us that like to fly and not waste are money on just one plane smile_o.gif

Agreed. And if a plane must cost that much, AA should not be cheap, ether.

The bird noise is WAY too loud, and the thunder is really out of place when there isnt a cloud anywhere in the sky???

Whats the possibility of adding the SPON map to this map, and set it so only the commanders on each side can use it?