Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Warfare 1.1.x [ MattR N&S ]

New version soon, which will have a parameter for Ka50/Ah1z Radar Block for those that dont like it.

Quote[/b] ]

Changes:

1.1.4/5 Changes

- Added Auto-Balance Teams

- Tweaked Config Structures Prices (Twice)

- Tweaked Init CommonConstants

- Added ROMM_IA to Random Resistance

- Town Placement Tweaked (Thanks Shadow)

- Added SF/Spetznatz to player select menu.

- New Startup param

1.1.3 Changes

- Fixed Some Issues

- Added Rich Supply Mine [As normal has to have supply trucks go two and from to get high amounts.]

- Changed Some Config Setting Variables

1.1.2 Changes

- Added Buy Civil Cars from Town Depots

- Increased Set ViewDistance [ Kept the Set ViewDistance for Player Balance Purposes.]

- Tweaked the Init Varables

- Added More Starting Locations in the North

- Added 4 more towns to north than previous versions

- Random Racs Patrols In the Mountains

- Added Cool Effect When Bomb/Greande goes off next to you. [ Rommel ]

- Added Random Enviroment Sounds.

- Blocked [AH1z,KA50] Radar [ Mandoble ]

Been playing this hours and hours.

How about increasing player group size... More AIs to slaughter! pistols.gifyay.gif

Add full ai squad to the commander...

Add to the commander possibility to buy units for team members.

Add boat factories. Small boat cruising on sunny afternoon behind enemy lines is a very pleasant experience.

Give each player a possibility to increase/decrease his viewdistance between 500-3000 meters.

Remove any helicopter view blocking... or add it as enemy ECM upgrade around their base and possibility to enable/disable it by commander.

Add markers for all units, even player AI squads. You could see from the map where to concentrate your ais.

Tall MG/AGS towers would be nice

I do not know wether it's doable or not, but what about two version of cobra/kamov, ones with blocked radar, and the other ones with unlocked radar. Of course, the unlocked radar cobra/kamov may have a significant cost compared to the locked one. Let's say a double price or whatever, it's just an idea.

Sith and I played your latest version yesterday.

I think the reward for capturing towns and delivering supplies is too much now.

The idea behind reducing kill-rewards was to try to avoid Abrams/AH-1 mass attacks.

With your current prices vs rewards I got the big toys faster than ever.

Simple way to accumulate money quick: Capture a town while killing as few of the RACS as possible, then let the RACS re-capture the town, rinse and repeat.

Sith and I played your latest version yesterday.

I think the reward for capturing towns and delivering supplies is too much now.

The idea behind reducing kill-rewards was to try to avoid Abrams/AH-1 mass attacks.

With your current prices vs rewards I got the big toys faster than ever.

Simple way to accumulate money quick: Capture a town while killing as few of the RACS as possible, then let the RACS re-capture the town, rinse and repeat.

Yeah i reduced that back to normal values. tounge2.gif

Hmmm...Isnt that the optimal goal...

ONE huge last fight...Intstead of sneaky kills in the hiding.

Or Kill of the MHQ on the run...End of game. Not fun in my

opinion...

I still think the crCTI from OFP was the ultimate CTI/Warfare

mission ever...You guys have a LOT to learn from CR himself.

This could eventually become a fun mission, but now, its

even way behind original EVO mission...

Can I second the request for a South-only version of your updated mission. I get a bit fed up with the huge distances to travel in NS.

Cheers

Mandrake

PS The radar block sounds like a superb idea.

You joking me... anyways i always played MF CTI.. and edits.. never played a CrCTI before. Once we have the guide we can make this mission into something special.. Im sure it will cover more than the basic like how to add new buildings etc. smile_o.gif

Hmmm...Isnt that the optimal goal...

ONE huge last fight...Intstead of sneaky kills in the hiding.

Or Kill of the MHQ on the run...End of game. Not fun in my

opinion...

I still think the crCTI from OFP was the ultimate CTI/Warfare

mission ever...You guys have a LOT to learn from CR himself.

Don't make opinions look like the only possible truth wink_o.gif

Could something be done with the economics of the game?

Over the weekend i was playing along, staying with foot soldier tactics deployed with a helo in N&S version 1.1.2. After capping towns and fighting with humans over control of them, I noticed that I had 89K. I thought it was a typo or a bug. I was on the north side as Blufor, and I concentrated on defending the northern towns, and a token SF force located away from towns as "spotters". I think I ended up leaving the game (still running) at 112K.

Civillian kills take away your funds

Lowering kill rewards even more (now at 50% compared to 1.1, how about 90%?)

Implementing a banking system, where you have cash on hand vs balance.

Capturing the town supply depot does not turn the whole town into you control.

Capturing the town supply depot takes away % from enemy funds.

Anything. It was getting quite ridiculous with the obscene amounts of money I'd get from capping towns and killing SLA/RACS.

I state MY opinions as i see fit...They are afterall MY

opinions....Right...IF you dissagre, thats up to you...

And if you have missed out on original OFP crCTI, you have

missed out on ALOT....

Could something be done with the economics of the game?

Over the weekend i was playing along, staying with foot soldier tactics deployed with a helo in N&S version 1.1.2.  After capping towns and fighting with humans over control of them, I noticed that I had 89K.  I thought it was a typo or a bug.  I was on the north side as Blufor, and I concentrated on defending the northern towns, and a token SF force located away from towns as "spotters".  I think I ended up leaving the game (still running) at 112K.

Civillian kills take away your funds

Lowering kill rewards even more (now at 50% compared to 1.1, how about 90%?)

Implementing a banking system, where you have cash on hand vs balance.

Capturing the town supply depot does not turn the whole town into you control.

Capturing the town supply depot takes away % from enemy funds.

Anything. It was getting quite ridiculous with the obscene amounts of money I'd get from capping towns and killing SLA/RACS.

I actully uped them again in 1.1.2 but 1.1.5 has them lowered. smile_o.gif

Please make the Hangars for purchasing indestructable (Easy to do). There's a few unsporting chaps that think that they are a priority target. Once they are gone there's no ability to purchase fixed wing aircraft.

hi Ice, that's not true. the structure is gone, but the menu is still there.

Also. Shadow posted about sneaking into a town, capturing the supply depot, then kill the RACS that come to defend it.

When RACS capture a town, how come all camps don't revert to neutral status?

This is my point with the last two suggestions. The number of camps your side owns determine how fast you can capture the supply depot. The supply depot feeds your supply number with a cash bonus when you capture it, and determine how much money you get.

Capturing the supply depot should not flip all camps to your side. You need to capture all camps directly. Think of Stalingrad. Just capturing the tank factory didn't mean you took over the whole city magically?

Maybe a routine to calculate how much of a % of supply you get exponentially IF you have the majority of camps. eg. 3 out of 5 camps, 25%, 4/5 -> 50%.

I can confirm that once the hangar is gone you CANNOT purchase any more fixed wing aircraft

I can confirm that once the hangar is gone you CANNOT purchase any more fixed wing aircraft

That then gives the player something to defend. No fun in that if there invinacble.

That then gives the player something to defend. No fun in that if there invinacble.

I see the point, but there's a problem.

You're defending against the enemy, but what if someone on your own side sabotages the building?

How do you defend against that?

Is it impossible to make MHQ/built buildings/Aircraft hangar immune to FRIENDLY damage? I have not seen you comment on that yet.

If its immune to FRIENDLY damage then that would go a very long way to making what you just said possible [defending against enemy only]...

How do you defend against a kamikaze kamov pilot who just wants to dive into it. All other buildings can be rebuilt if you lose it. If you cant rebuild the hangar it should not be destroyed. Some of us really enjoy flying the fighters. It's very very annoying when Kamov's who dont like being threatened by AV8B's and just want to hover 3km away (Out of visual and targeting range of anything else) from a base and spawn rape, make it a priority to take out the hangar early in the game. Remember its a static target in exactly the same position every mission. It is in reality undefendable.

So tell me how you defend this scenario:

Red Kamov pilot every mission makes it his to take out the Hangar as soon as he gets a chopper? Way before anyone even gets near Pita.

If your playing agaisnt players who are on your own team sabotaging your own buildings units then they should be all be banned. You get noobs like that shit happens. Ive had people connent and blow up the MHQ and disconnect. Nothing can be done except a ban and then they cant do it again.

@Ice

You just have to make sure you shoot the aircraft down before it gets near the hanger. In WW2 you couldnt just magically repair the deck of a carrier when a Japanese kamikaze pilot flew into it smile_o.gif

I think your argument is weak. I also think that alot of people will agree with my view on this. I really dont want to start editing your mission. but if i need to add a simple script to make the hangar indestructable because you wont. then I guess i will.

Also, How do you defend a Hangar against a pinpoint artillery strike ?

If someone makes it their mission to take fighters out of the game they can, with ease, one way or another. This in my opinion, detracts from the versatility, scope and balance of Warfare.

Also, How do you defend a Hangar against a pinpoint artillery strike ?

If someone makes it their mission to take fighters out of the game they can, with ease, one way or another. This in my opinion, detracts from the versatility and scope of Warfare.

I base my map on "Warfare" not what balances the game to make things easy. With an exception to the helicopters. If your getting artyed then get an Anti-Arty team in place and hunt it down before it corses damage.

As we do in GOL be creative and have fun. even send scouts out to find and lase the arty and bomb it etc etc.

TOMORROW Is release day!

Quote[/b] ]

Changes:

1.1.4/5 Changes

- Added Auto-Balance Teams

- Tweaked Config Structures Prices (Twice)

- Tweaked Init CommonConstants

- Added ROMM_IA to Random Resistance

- Town Placement Tweaked (Thanks Shadow)

- Added SF/Spetznatz to player select menu.

- Added Mando Hitch to Blackhawk/Mi17 (Allows to hitch veh)

1.1.3 Changes

- Fixed Some Issues

- Added Rich Supply Mine

- Changed Some Config Setting Variables

1.1.2 Changes

- Added Buy Civil Cars from Town Depots

- Increased Set ViewDistance [ Kept the Set ViewDistance for Player Balance Purposes.]

- Tweaked the Init Varables

- Added More Starting Locations in the North

- Added 4 more towns to north than previous versions

- Random Racs Patrols In the Mountains

- Added Cool Effect When Bomb/Greande goes off next to you. [ Rommel ]

- Added Random Enviroment Sounds.

- Blocked [AH1z,KA50] Radar [ Mandoble ]

any chance to squeeze in defensive flares?

What does "auto-balance" teams do? Does it only enforce new joined players, or will it actually shift players to the lower number side in the middle of the game?

2x AA missile Kamov/Cobra minus 4x AT at 150% cost?

If your playing agaisnt players who are on your own team sabotaging your own buildings units then they should be all be banned. You get noobs like that shit happens. Ive had people connent and blow up the MHQ and disconnect. Nothing can be done except a ban and then they cant do it again.

Are you saying you *REFUSE* to make buildings immune to friendly damage?

Or just that it is impossible to do so?

We can't see the USERID of people who connect since BIS removed it [due to rumor about being able to reverse-engineer the cd key from the userid?] but BIS did not install a replacement marker that would help us identify who is connecting repeatedly under a different name to destroy every single new mission we create, until the server is nearly empty.

So how do we ban? How do we tell? "WHO DID IT?!?! WHO DID IT?!!? Did anyone see?!?"