Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Warfare 1.1.x [ MattR N&S ]

The bird noise is WAY too loud, and the thunder is really out of place when there isnt a cloud anywhere in the sky???

True, that's kinda annoying. You're at an altitude of 600 and a bird is chirping right in your hear lol. Haven't noticed the thunder though.

Main problem! How can I edit the map file to get rid of the damn fog!? I know it's for balancing but I'd like to use this with my friends only and be able to see when flying planes, lol. I'm not asking you to release a new version with more view distance but I'd like to know how to edit that out of the map myself. Thanks...

EDIT: Or you could (if you're nice enough tounge2.gif) make a new version, or edit the existing one, and add a separate air view distance than ground view distance. Kinda like in Evolution but have it as a set number. Of course the air view distance would be much higher, maybe 3x or 2.5x the ground distance? I'll post the map I edited when I figure out how to do it.

Possible source of HEADBUG:

I was driving a humvee that had an AI soldier [from the Human/AI player slot, not from something bought at base] inside of it. The AI soldier was inside because someone had disconnected while riding in it.

Someone else joined the game and connected in that slot.

While this other person was connecting into that AI slot, I drove the humvee off the edge of a steep drop at Estrella, and the front end hit the ground so hard that it got on fire a few seconds later, killing me and the new player that was in the middle of joining the game [AI had turned to human, but he was still joining/loading the game when the death occurred.]

A few minutes later that guy is walking around where the humvee burnt, complaining he has a headbug.

What caught my attention was that the game had JUST started... so this was not an old headbug... and that something must have happened just now to cause it.

So, I theorize that if someone joins the game and is in the middle of the loading screen [or JIP progress bar] and the AI soldier that they are taking over for dies during this period, it breaks.

Hope this helps.

suggested additions:

headbug+nograss.diff or headbug+nograss.diff (alt) I had to post it on this site because the forum messes up the line breaks, even in code brackets. Be sure to add the 3 empty lines to the end of your file.

And create the file \scripts\headbug.sqf

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if(vehicle player != player) exitWith {hint "You must be on foot"};

titleCut ["","black faded", 0];

_pos = position player;

_dir = direction player;

_vec = objNull;

_vecs = nearestObjects [player, ["Car","Tank","Air","Ship"], 10];

if(count _vecs >0) then

{

_vec = _vecs select 0;

_freeseats = _vec emptyPositions "cargo";

if(_freeseats > 0) then {player moveincargo _vec};

};

if(vehicle player != player) exitWith {titleCut["", "BLACK in",2]};

player moveincargo headcar;

waitUntil {vehicle player != player};

unassignVehicle player;

player action ["Eject",vehicle player];

waitUntil {vehicle player == player};

player setpos _pos;

player setdir _dir;

titleCut["", "BLACK in",2];

To apply patch:

Get cpbo from Kegetys and read instructions.

Extract Warfare_32_V113f_MRNS.Sara.pbo

Rename directory to Warfare_32_V113f_MRNS_Patch.Sara

Create headbug+nograss.diff in root of Warfare_32_V113f_MRNS_Patch.Sara\ directory with other files, by pasting diff code above. (use notepad or other text editor)

Obtain GNU patch from here: GNU Patch

Open a command shell (cmd.exe) and 'cd' to the Warfare_32_V113f_MRNS_Patch directory. (the place where you depbo'd it)

Run this command:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin\patch.exe" -p0 < headbug+nograss.diff

You may need to adjust the install path for GnuWin32 if you have an x64 machine.

After you run it you should see this:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">patching file Description.ext

patching file Client/GUI/GUI_UpdateHelpMenu.sqs

Then you can repbo the file and put it on your server.

Good luck!

-oktane

whats the possibility of making a 1.1.4 version using north and south sahrani?

To fix the error at the top of the screen on mission start:

\common\config\config_structures.sqs line 215:

was<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_t = _t= r= + [0] change to <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_t = _t + [0]

- Added Random Enviroment Sounds.

Any chance we can get an alternate D/L without the ambient sounds, please?

just unPBO the map, go into the Matt folder there is only one file in there - RandomRadio.sqs delete everything and just type exit in the first line. re-pbo it and you should be good.

If I knew how I woulnd't be asking  smile_o.gif

Mind that I am very new at moding "this" game. wink_o.gif

:edit:

heh... nevermind I think i might have figured out how to do this, I hope PBOView will work.

bugfix:

\Common\Config\Config_Structures.sqs"(436,35)

_i = _i + ["\Warfare \Images\con_wall3.paa"]

Should be

_i = _i + ["\Warfare\Images\con_wall3.paa"]

(extra space in there)

Thanks

Okay...

NO MORE GOING UP TO 1.1.8 THEN DOWN TO 1.1.3f and so on!

Human nature messes this up apparently...

I'm constantly seeing 1.1.8 on a server, INSTEAD of 1.1.3f or 1.1.4f!

Everyone's assuming 1.1.8 is the latest...

^^ yeah had that a lot.

1: Its not thunder its distant "Bombing" simulating a war going on.. This is Warfare yeah..

2: Im sure i fixed the load bird? You test my South Sharni Version without the birds?

3: Latest Version is the South Sahrani Only version as i havnt been working on Warfare for some time sue to RL commitments.

etc etc etc and anyone wondering

North/South version 1.1.4f is the last version of that there is also a South Version only witch is modifed even more with more nicer features etc etc

^^ yeah had that a lot.

1: Its not thunder its distant "Bombing" simulating a war going on.. This is Warfare yeah..

2: Im sure i fixed the load bird? You test my South Sharni Version without the birds?

3: Latest Version is the South Sahrani Only version as i havnt been working on Warfare for some time sue to RL commitments.

etc etc etc and anyone wondering

North/South version 1.1.4f is the last version of that there is also a South Version only witch is modifed even more with more nicer features etc etc

Hi mat, Where can you download your latest 1.1.4f from, cant seem to see it anywhere sad_o.gif

Suggestion:

Add "####" second remaining" to hud when waiting for a vehicle to be built. (Refresh it every 15 seconds or so)

Some people think they forgot to click the purchase button and click it twice without realizing some vehicles take 60-75 seconds to pop out.

Suggestion:

Add "####" second remaining" to hud when waiting for a vehicle to be built. (Refresh it every 15 seconds or so)

Some people think they forgot to click the purchase button and click it twice without realizing some vehicles take 60-75 seconds to pop out.

You did that also?  rofl.gif  I done that a few times with the M1A1's; good thing the build queue shows whats going on after its full of orders. Needless to say I had plenty available and ready on the battlefield when needed.

bug:

ln 69, Server\AI\Advanced\Advanced_UpdateSquadRespawn.sqf

_leader RemoveAllEventHandlers "killed";

should be

_leader removeAllEventHandlers "killed";

that func is case sensitive (saw this in the arma.rpt)

Matt, are you interested in implementing any of my bugfixes/changes? If not, I'll stop spamming your thread. rofl.gif

Matt, are you interested in implementing any of my bugfixes/changes? If not, I'll stop spamming your thread.  rofl.gif

Dono about him, but I would like to have your help.

We had a full 32 player game in Karrillions server the other day and I have two things to note:

1. First up: (Edit this first issue was at my own fault, fixed). When using the Halo jump, an action on the bottom left appeared once we landed on the ground: "Hide" that action continued to duplicate over and over and could not be 'closed'. The duplication would continue until the person killed themselves - but otherwise hindered their ability to use other weapons because they would have to scroll down to their weapon(s):<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"Hide"

"Hide"

"Hide"

"Hide"

"Hide"

"Hide"

"Hide"

"Hide"

Binoculars2. Next up, with a full locked 50% of server players were experiencing no income. The income in the options menu said for example: 443 per minute - however 50% of the players were not making any money period. Some factors that may or may not have been a roll: The server had been locked and unlocked about 3 times during the game. Also, some people had been driving supply trucks between towns to beef up the money supply.

3. Lastly: A few players on our teamspeak noticed they were not getting cash for kills. They exited the game and tried a different slot, even then they still earned no money for kills. Once they restarted their game however, they were able to return into the game and receive money for the infintry men killed.

We ended up turning to a Warfare 1.1 vanilla because of these issues.

That hide action comes from DMSmoke mod, namely the DMHide.pbo file. Sounds like some one ran DMSmoke with the server or something to that nature...

The first issue was just me. Sorry about that. But all other players were experiencing issues two and three. Perhaps I got a corrupt version - I'm downloading this and replacing it on the server.

Can anyone help me find where to effectively edit the view distance?  I can find set viewdistance anywhere within any of the files (I used WinGrep for searching).

I'd like to bump it up or find a way to make it so anyone can use instantview distance or another view distance altering add-on...

It's just a tad impossible to fly A-10s on CAS sorties when you can only see ~1200 meters...

The global values can be found in ...\Common\Init\Init_CommonConstants.sqs

Look for DEFAULTVIEWDISTANCE & AIRCRAFTVIEWDISTANCE.

I think Vic was able to implement a view distance addon in his mod.

Dont know if somebudy else edited the mission - but there is a v1.1.9 where the viewdist is not locked.

The global values can be found in ...\Common\Init\Init_CommonConstants.sqs

Look for DEFAULTVIEWDISTANCE & AIRCRAFTVIEWDISTANCE.

I think Vic was able to implement a view distance addon in his mod.

Setting those values apparently has no affect on any of my 3 servers or my 2 desktops.

What did work was a SetViewDistance 4000; in InitMission.sqf

Hi Matt!

I want to offer one's services to localize your great Warfare.

I have experience to translating of Zaphod's Berzerk. I have made some tools for him to do this. Are you interested in?

Hello!!!!

Is anybody here?! goodnight.gif

Hi

is there a link for grab Warfare32 V1191 MRNS ?