Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Warfare 1.1.x [ MattR N&S ]

Warfare 1.1.3 Final [ MattR N&S ] - 23 June 2008

Oki with the release of the new BIS 1.1 version i have decided to start over smile_o.gif i have requested the old thead be locked as its now obsolete. This version comes with a New Name System which will help people keep track of which BIS version it is.

Warfare 1.1.3f MR NS 32 Players - 7z - Gol Clan

Quote[/b] ]

Changes:

1.1.3 Changes

- Fixed Some Issues

- Added Rich Supply Mine

- Changed Some Config Setting Variables

- Added Auto-Balance Teams (Once a slot is selected you cant switch between teams)

- Tweaked Config Structures Prices (Twice)

- Tweaked Init CommonConstants

- Added ROMM_IA to Random Resistance

- Town Placement Tweaked (Thanks Shadow)

- Added SF/Spetznatz to player select menu.

- Removed Radar Block Temp

- Mando Hitch For Blackhawk and Mi17

- Tweaked Config Structures Prices

- Added HALO (Parajump anywhere) Flag in Corazol, Now it has to be fought for.

- Fixed some Fast Travel Placements

- Big Towns Now Have Hard Resistance

- Added Su* 2 for east airport

- Removed Blocked Radar

- Added Counter Measure [ Will block one missle but a second stright after will hit ]

1.1.2 Changes

- Added Buy Civil Cars from Town Depots

- Increased Set ViewDistance [ Kept the Set ViewDistance for Player Balance Purposes.]

- Tweaked the Init Varables

- Added More Starting Locations in the North

- Added 4 more towns to north than previous versions

- Random Racs Patrols In the Mountains

- Added Cool Effect When Bomb/Greande goes off next to you. [ Rommel ]

- Added Random Enviroment Sounds.

- Blocked [AH1z,KA50] Radar [ Mandoble ]

Quote[/b] ]

BIS Changes [1.1]

- Added respawn AI team option to Command Teams UI.

- Added Unflip vehicles option to Team Menu.

- Added Disband Unit option to Team Menu.

- Added Team Status to Team Menu.

- Fixed JIP bug where player did not see current status of captured depots and camps.

- Possible fix for end-game bug when packing MHQ.

- $9000 - KA50

- $8000 - AH1Z

- $2500 - M119/D30

- 2000 Supplies - Aircraft Factory

Oki i hope everyone likes this

Our group is still having a blast w/1.5f. (Thanks Matt)

We will be testing these new versions in the next week or 2.

I'm hoping they offer the same great stability!

persistance=1, allows our team to play when they can, JIP is working great!! We just ended a 6 day run with 1.5f, and the server was still giving 35+ fps, even with me running a full squad of AH-1z's across the island. (amazed)

It is really nice to come back 2 days later, and see the AI's have not ended the game. (this may be due to the lenght apart they started).

Thanks again..... wink_o.gif

Oki i have just updated the first file again as when testing before found some bugs... will be the same fine name etc...

- Added Buy Civil Cars from Town Depots [ FIXED ]

- Arty Range Increased to 9000m

Oki testing the Radar Viewblock it is well and truly awesome. It makes it much harder when flying the Kamov, which is what i was using on my side. Its harder to track there base etc and Defences dotted around the place. yay.gif i have a video i will later upload.

Hey Matt,

Can a limit on base structures be put in the next version? Felt like an exploit when I finally saw the base I updated after the last commander disconnected.

It was a wagonwheel of structures. 18+ in all of barracks, light, heavy, air, bunkers, and AA/AT mounts. Factories were walled by the triple sandbag walls, and it was essentially artillery proof. It seemed like it didn't matter if the base was moved, since destroyed vehicles were salvaged, and AI squads kept shoring up their numbers and defenses.

KaRRiLLioN's RTS had a limit of 5 on major structures as I recall, and this seems to reinforce the reason behind it.

Seems promising on the Radar blocked. Can you still manual lock on targets?

I thought you were going to reduce artillery range, not increase it? It just emphasizes artillery as a strategic weapon as opposed to a tactical support wpn.

first i was glad with your mission. but as i saw the "block sign" for the ah i was very disappointed. this feature (target selection) is as old as ofp 1.0. why do you implement it? we all live nearly 8 years with it and it is realistic. the sign is ugly and dont help to improve the gameplay. sorry to say it.

i am going to release a new mission for north&south without this "block" bullshit.

first i was glad with your mission. but as i saw the "block sign" for the ah i was very disappointed. this feature (target selection) is as old as ofp 1.0. why do you implement it? we all live nearly 8 years with it and it is realistic. the sign is ugly and dont help to improve the gameplay. sorry to say it.

i am going to release a new mission for north&south without this "block" bullshit.

Thats oki. You can target just not see the retdots. Makes it much more fun without people instantly finding you and owning you with a Kamov.

Thats oki. You can target just not see the retdots. Makes it much more fun without people instantly finding you and owning you with a Kamov.

Maybe instead of "Radar Blocked", have it either be solid black (you'll know the radar is jammed when all of a sudden you can't see any dots)

1 thing I have issue with: The M203 simply firing causes you to go deaf, not the explosion itself mind you, but the grenade leaving the tube causes you to go deaf. Even if your M203 is 10,000,000 meters down range, the grenade (once it leaves the tube) causes you to go deaf.

1 thing I have issue with: The M203 simply firing causes you to go deaf, not the explosion itself mind you, but the grenade leaving the tube causes you to go deaf. Even if your M203 is 10,000,000 meters down range, the grenade (once it leaves the tube) causes you to go deaf.

Thanks i check it out.

can barracks be made as valid "fast travel" zones? so moving between bases is easier when the mhq is no longer there?

i also like the idea of limiting the construction of each building type to 5 or something..

new heli radar block is good. promotes teamwork and less "i am an omnipotent game winning god"

I like the new enviroment sounds, especially the distant explosion sound.

Radar block is good way for balance but it's still easy to dominate whole map with choppers if pilot knows what he is doing..

I think radar block could also be added for MBT's.

Biggest problem of north vs. south war is Corazol because AI likes to swim across the bay or just get stuck in Corazol.

It is also very demanding for server because there is so many AI and towns.

Yeah,

We need a South Sahrani only version... that'd make the map more popular (with having a choice).

First just wanted to say, very nice work on the mission. Nice to be able to play on North and South now. So thanks for doing that.

I have two questions.

1.) If you wanted to change default money, were can / how do you do that?

2.) To add a script to a vehicle, that you order from a factory how can one do that? ( I want to add the mando flares to aircraft for defense, and want to create a HMWWV with a stinger)

I'd like to see the a/a capability of the Kamov removed. see here http://www.armaholic.com/index.php?m=single&id=3242

Im a beta tester for Black Shark by DCS and there's no way the VIKHR can take on fighters in all aspect confrontations.

It has a mild success rate against slow moving (Landing speed) aircrafts from behind. nothing else is remotely realisitc.

We moved our HQ today for the first time, after about 2 hours. I drove it next to a cliff in the middle of no where, got out and had no "build" options. I rejoined the game and the MHQ disappeared. :/ Any ideas?

Hey could we somehow have a few towns moved around so the northern region is more important? I'd like to see some fighting up there. I know theres like 2 towns, but its near impossible to have a confrontation up there. Not to mention its always a long drive if your team starts there at the beginning of the match considering the supply trucks have 10x longer to go to reach a town. The other team is then at a huge advantage.

We moved our HQ today for the first time, after about 2 hours. I drove it next to a cliff in the middle of no where, got out and had no "build" options. I rejoined the game and the MHQ disappeared. :/ Any ideas?

Hey could we somehow have a few towns moved around so the northern region is more important? I'd like to see some fighting up there. I know theres like 2 towns, but its near impossible to have a confrontation up there. Not to mention its always a long drive if your team starts there at the beginning of the match considering the supply trucks have 10x longer to go to reach a town. The other team is then at a huge advantage.

i get the no build constrution menu in 1.1 too after a long game.

When you disconnected the AI would of been made commander and its possible he buildt the MHQ and it spawned over the cliff.

huh.gif Ive been making a new version slowly with a load of changes etc and slowly testing it on the clan server.. but ive got a load of RL issues just atm. so work is slow.

You might want to copy a few more of my towns, Matt whistle.gif

Some less than ideal object placements here and there. Corazol and Ortego comes to mind.

Some less than ideal object placements here and there. Corazol and Ortego comes to mind.

Sorry  sad_o.gif it was too temping you had a lot more towns in the north instead of me manualy adding them copying them was much easyer. Wasnt all the towns though most of the towns come from the origional who ever made them in the 1.0 N&S Just added yours as additions.. But i didnt think it would hurt anyone? Yeah?  wow_o.gif

Sorry  sad_o.gif it was too temping you had a lot more towns in the north instead of me manualy adding them copying them was much easyer. Wasnt all the towns though most of the towns come from the origional who ever made them in the 1.0 N&S Just added yours as additions.. But i didnt think it would hurt anyone? Yeah?  wow_o.gif

Can you port your mission to new SARA.LITE island ?

The old SARA is too BIG for few players and lacks some new roads, which are present in new SARA.LITE.

THX.

Sorry  sad_o.gif it was too temping you had a lot more towns in the north instead of me manualy adding them copying them was much easyer.

Nothing to worry about, bud  smile_o.gif

I just noticed several towns were carbon copies from the official Warfare, but some of the towns on Sara are not identical to SaraLite so the camps and depots needs to be moved manually.

The towns that are copied from my 32p version were correct.

Quote[/b] ]Can you port your mission to new SARA.LITE island ?

The whole idea about this is to use the entire island of Sahrani.

If you want this mission on SaraLite its easier to pick the official Warfare mission and replace the scripts with Matt's changes.

Thanks i check it out.

I'd like to update that: It only happened during that match. I can't explain it without looking like a complete idiot. I've played many Warfare's since then and have had had this issue repeat. Sorry if I wasted your time on that one dude.