Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Warfare 1.1.x [ MattR N&S ]

any chance to squeeze in defensive flares?

I have a working solution for forcing Vikhr to be fired in correct parameters and to have a realistic and gameplay sensible killing percentage based on target distance, speed and aspect.

Meaning the Vikhr wouldn't be the be-all end-all of the air to air engagement, but something that gives a slight edge in fight.

Solution is MP compatible and doesn't requires addon, so the whole point now is to get it incorporated in Warfare (which might not be easy, mind you)

I've PMd Matt about it, and I'm simply waiting for his today release to see how it could be used.

If your playing agaisnt players who are on your own team sabotaging your own buildings units then they should be all be banned. You get noobs like that shit happens. Ive had people connent and blow up the MHQ and disconnect. Nothing can be done except a ban and then they cant do it again.

Are you saying you *REFUSE* to make buildings immune to friendly damage?

Basicly yeah...

As with any editing team, they edit there stuff the way they want to play it, not the way others want it. smile_o.gif

@Whisper, that sounds like a better idea than the radar block.

If your playing agaisnt players who are on your own team sabotaging your own buildings units then they should be all be banned. You get noobs like that shit happens. Ive had people connent and blow up the MHQ and disconnect. Nothing can be done except a ban and then they cant do it again.

Are you saying you *REFUSE* to make buildings immune to friendly damage?

Basicly yeah...

As with any editing team, they edit there stuff the way they want to play it, not the way others want it. smile_o.gif

Certainly as it is your edit I never intend to presume I override you...

It is just strange as I do not see the logic in allowing griefers to be able to hold a server hostage like that.

A well fought game that ends prematurely with calls of "WTF?" and "What happened???" drives people away from Warfare, sometimes permanently. There are players that do not like to get invested in a game that long only to have it sabotaged so easily.

Especially when the griefer keeps coming back to sabotage map after map over the span of several hours, which I have sadly witnessed.

This started off as being about the aircraft hangar, but I am actually talking about the MHQ and Base Structures being sabotaged by friendlies. Commander should be able to delete defunct buildings but thats it.

You should join servers where there is an Admin present then.

Im having problems with the map atm with mando hitch ><.

Getting the Descriptions merged is harder than i thought doesnt help when i get some code wrong game CTD. I hate Descriptions.. lol

@Whisper, that sounds like a better idea than the radar block.

When the new version is out, I'll unpbo it, try to integrate my system, and when done, after some test in MP, I'll forward it to you to see if it fits what you'd like smile_o.gif

We just had a sesion run for 10 hours, was a great game. Both sides could have at any time taken out either hangar but chose not to in the interests of fair play. But then, near the end an "individual" comes in with a av8 GBU and blows it to smitherines. We were already on the back foot having lost our mhq and had no choice but to blow the hell out of their Hangar with Artillery and Choppers. such a shame to see a good game have to end like that. Dont you think?

Up until then we were having some great arial battles. Sonme of the most enjoyable time in Arma Ive had to date.

We just had a sesion run for 10 hours, was a great game. Both sides could have at any time taken out either hangar but chose not to in the interests of fair play. But then, near the end an "individual" comes in with a av8 GBU and blows it to smitherines. We were already on the back foot having lost our mhq and had no choice but to blow the hell out of their Hangar with Artillery and Choppers. such a shame to see a good game have to end like that. Dont you think?

Up until then we were having some great arial battles. Sonme of the most enjoyable time in Arma Ive had to date.

Then me thinks you should of bought an Repair truck and some AA defences in the vacinity. tounge2.gif

Umm... Ok, Matt. Trust me when I say this, that nothing, and I mean NOTHING controlled by AI can shoot down a fixed wing aircraft in ArmA, especially if it's being piloted by a player. And players sure as hell aren't going to stay in an AA pod all day.

...ummmm....that's not...exactly...true.

You send out Especas/SpecOps or snipers to mountain sides/hilltops, 1km away from your killzone populated by AA mounts or soldiers on minor hilltops. The idea is that they spot detect the aircraft first, then you order one at a time your aa mount/aa soldier to target that aircraft. It's worked for me.

Try this. Send out 3 snipers to hilltop positions 2km from you. 6 AA soldiers to positions 1km from you, and 2 AA mounts in the center within 100m. An concentric "onion ring" of an AA defense net.

You wont stop a harrier coming in from out to sea. No matter how good your netowrk is.

You wont stop a harrier coming in from out to sea. No matter how good your netowrk is.

Not true. My AI fire missles to aircraft 1000m away. Let me see if i have a video.

Doesnt have everything in i wanted as ive been busy with other projects and real life and it just wouldnt work for me...

Warfare 1.1.5 MR NS beta 32 Players - 7z - Gol Clan

Quote[/b] ]

Changes:

1.1.4/5 Changes

- Added Auto-Balance Teams

- Tweaked Config Structures Prices (Twice)

- Tweaked Init CommonConstants

- Added ROMM_IA to Random Resistance

- Town Placement Tweaked (Thanks Shadow)

- Added SF/Spetznatz to player select menu.

- Removed Radar Block Temp

- Mando Hitch Temp Disabled while i get help to implement

1.1.3 Changes

- Fixed Some Issues

- Added Rich Supply Mine

- Changed Some Config Setting Variables

1.1.2 Changes

- Added Buy Civil Cars from Town Depots

- Increased Set ViewDistance [ Kept the Set ViewDistance for Player Balance Purposes.]

- Tweaked the Init Varables

- Added More Starting Locations in the North

- Added 4 more towns to north than previous versions

- Random Racs Patrols In the Mountains

- Added Cool Effect When Bomb/Greande goes off next to you. [ Rommel ]

- Added Random Enviroment Sounds.

- Blocked [AH1z,KA50] Radar [ Mandoble ]

Not true. My AI fire missles to aircraft 1000m away. Let me see if i have a video.

If the harrier is flying at 500kmh 4-500 meters ASL he can drop his bombs 3.5 - 4km from his target wink_o.gif

If the harrier is flying at 500kmh 4-500 meters ASL he can drop his bombs 3.5 - 4km from his target  wink_o.gif

Only if someone is lasing a target near buy.

Also I blocked using Viewdistance addons too not fair for those who do not have, not sure how it will work though. using 0 setfog 0.2 which will give haze in the background and not full massive view distances.

Unless your a really good pilot then yeah you can destory the hangers, but these noobs who like to kill/friendly kill then well i dont think they will be able to fly good.

I belive i now have the Halo Scripts Working Now  biggrin_o.gif Will be in the next version when ever that comes.

What should i do?

1. Have two HALO points at each airport.

or try and..

2. Instead of Meduim Wall have Halo Flag (15,000)

You will be able to HALO anywhere on the map. With Map Click. I will also make it Cost (200) to actually Jump too. If anyone can help me with how to make it cost the player.

great matt rochelle,

we are big fans of you warfare mission an enjoy every new Version. We hope you can fix the mando hitch that it works.

Many thx for this mission!

will the halo script allow your whole AI squad to halo with you?

will the halo script allow your whole AI squad to halo with you?

Dowbt it. Although it might.

Wait, so by HALO flags, do you mean HALO pick-up points?

If so, then we should add huge transport planes and have pickup points at airports.

any chance to squeeze in defensive flares?

What does "auto-balance" teams do? Does it only enforce new joined players, or will it actually shift players to the lower number side in the middle of the game?

2x AA missile Kamov/Cobra minus 4x AT at 150% cost?

Hey Matt? No reply on this means it wont be in?

@ICE.

A lot of players don't set up AA nets. They just buy an AA soldier, or put out 1 AA mount and think that's good enough. Yeah, I saw those jets flying around at 700+, but the point is; they were no threat.

The point is deciding on which of your killing units to fire, more specifically, which pair of units you choose to fire. 1 AA missile will damage an aircraft. If you want to kill an aircraft, pair up firing, and if you get lucky, the AI will fire on the exhaust of the aircraft as he passes overhead.

Here's a synopsis of an effective AA net.

1. Detection; spotters out 1-2km from the aa units. Hilltop, mountainside, coast/beach.

2. AA units 1km around the protected zone. Ordered to go crouch, danger, and fire at will. (scan horizon optional, I prefer a fixed direction )

3. AA tanks in the center, shielded by hillsides or walls/buildings so they only cover 180 degrees. Drivers out, engine off.

When your spotters detect an aircraft, look on the map, see which spotters detect him. If he's flying fast but around the killing zone, ignore him. but if a spotter, then an aa unit reports seeing him, cue up the aa unit and another aa unit, and order them to "target" the offending aircraft. That's your trigger. AI will not initiate fire, but once they do fire on an aircraft, they will continue to engage any other targets on their own.

I have fixed up a Flare System.

HALO = High Altitude Low Opening [ Para ] - You click the Flag and can Halo Jump.

Playing on ArmA Maryno.net server--

Someone said "How come I see I should be earning money but I'm not getting anything at all?"

I said I was getting money just fine... but had noticed that bug previously in older versions...

Later on when I came back and joined in a slot, I then ran into that bug. I had 5 cash, thats it. Wouldn't go up at all even though there was a supply salary.

I was only able to fix that by joining in another slot. Had about 4800 to start and it was going up normally.

At the time, the server was a 32 player server but oddly had things like that there were only 14 slots in OPFOR [when it should be 16]. Not sure if this is related.

Adding to ModaFlanker;

When I have no salary, I still get income by capturing supply depots and camps. Next time I get this, I want to verify that selling fallen soldiers wpns and gear to the camps/base will generate revenue? Can someone who's experienced this bug verify if that's possible?

Also respawning does not eliminate this bug.

You usually have to switch slots. some sort of JIP bug.

Its now 03.03am in the morning and ive finally finished the HALO implemtation, big thanks to Viper and a very big thanks to Revellion.

arma2008-06-2002-59-28-87.jpg

= PARA = Creates a Flag Pole At Base which you can HALO from.

i wanted a lil man not a box but meh people will understand.