Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

sounds good wld

ill be one to keep looking at the topic ^^

Ok folks, I know i promised more today but its not going to happen. While waiting for the FTP to get fixed i got a rare occasion to actually play with our stuff for a while in and out of multiplayer. Right now the LAVs still have an issue with the commanders turret that i just would not be happy releasing with it. So to day i give you our first infantry beta release, The Royal Fusiliers. Followed up with an updated Super Etendard. All RPT issues have been fixed, The AS30L will actually hit something now, and the shadow LOD has been fixed. Also the aircraft now requires XEH.

Enjoy

http://www.projectracs.armaholic.eu/

Ok fellas,

AGAIN it seems we run into issues with permissions form another mod. Right now i am at the point of telling everyone to fuck off and begging Vilas to let me reskin some of his eastern equipment to fill the order of battle.

The situation now is we had permissions to use a few things from another MOD, and now we can only have those permissions if we provide someone elses MLOD. Project RACS relys on the good will of other addon makers to permit us to use thier models. Giving us permission and taking it away unless we un-rightfully provide you with someone elses work is what i feel to be extortion. I WILL NOT and WILL NEVER pass on anyones MLODs with out the express written permission from the original addon maker. If you feel that addon maker is not being fair to you and are trying to backdoor them by going thru me, you are mistaken. We have nothing but our reputation to speak for us. i will not put that on the line for anyone but ourselves.

I thank everyone in the community who have supported us all along. Several addon teams have been more than cooperative to allow us use of their equipment. Most never once asking for anything in return.

I can tell you for sure this latest issue had one positive effect. now everything must go to the back burner but the tanks and M113s. Vilas' Leopards are done. The problem is my stupid M60-2000 thats in the pack still has a small RVMAT bug that i cannot seem to sort out. Once FA Dalai Lamar gets back hopefully he can fix it. The M113s are jsut being sorted out a few binarizing hiccups.

I hope to have more for you in the near future.

Eddie

Project RACS

Nice to see your making a stand wld, don't let the bastards get you down, and don't let them blackmail you............

notworthy.gif

Bad enough people in community get off belittling others among other countless things these days lately, but now blackmail tactics? Wow....things just get better and better. confused_o.gif

Always glad to see guys like PRACS stand up for what's right instead of doing wrong just go get something out there to us. That takes balls.[suddenly hears AC/DC's "Big Balls" track playing in his head]

Much respect to you and your team for being such honest and stand up guys in the community. notworthy.gif

at this time id hate to say it but bug found on the type21

the gunners head is visble to the right of the naval cannon

at this time id hate to say it but bug found on the type21

the gunners head is visble to the right of the naval cannon

LMAO yeah thats a funny lil one. Connor1994 is finishing up a few touches to the Type21 pack as we now call it. he came up with some really cool weapons stations. Therfore he changed up the pack to include about 4 or 5 different ships on the type21 frame with varying weapons stations. they include Harpoons, sea cat missiles, Bofors guns, naval cannons etc. The whold pack is pretty exciting to mess with. Hopefully i can have them to you soon.

At this time i want to say thanks again to CBFASI and all the other guys in the "1982: flashpoint in the falklands" mod team members. True class acts in every way possible. Even providing us support and trouble shooting.

expect to see that more form me. I have dealt with some really really cool mod teams and i have dealt with some real douche bags lately. I want cool people to get the credit they deserve for being that way.

just a WIP

Unfortunate Stop gap measures.........

bimp.jpg

just a WIP

Unfortunate Stop gap measures.........

That.... still... is awesome! At this point, I'll take anything with treads, armor, and on the RACS side!

Keep up the good work!  thumbs-up.gif

It's certainly better than nothing and I think this bmp looks

awesome in this great camo! thumbs-up.gif

again I like the work you're doing for the community

Lennard.

again another unfortunate stop gap measure.....

BIG huge thanks to Scars for being my superhero for today and allowing me to reskin the SA6....

Im hoping that a small amount of eastern equipment will be accepted by most. Dont expect to see alot, just a few key items. Will also help our mod to mesh with the other addons released lately liek teh T-72s and T-90s. I know from the outset we said we were going to have western equipment, but since the douche bags that i was basing my MOD on pulled the plug on all the addons they already sent me and gave permissions for. I gess thats my fault for not working fast enough to release them.

im hoping to track down the original addonmaker(s) for the SA8 gecko as well...

Untitled-1copy-1.jpg

That's just amazing.  First they give you permission...then turn around an say no.  icon_rolleyes.gif  

GD Mast

Nothing wrong with a bit of mix and match. Seems well within the realm of realism too. A lot of second-world countries have Western and former Soviet-Bloc equipment, eg Iraq, Iran.

Not in the same basket, but I think Finland uses a bit of a mix too.

Shame that permission has been Indian-given, I can't imagine why addon makers would prefer it if less people enjoyed using their work.

Looking forward to more stuff from PRACS regardless!

I know from the outset we said we were going to have western equipment, but since the douche bags that i was basing my MOD on pulled the plug on all the addons they already sent me and gave permissions for.

Calm down, will you? If it's such a huge problem, do it yourself.

Calm down, will you? If it's such a huge problem, do it yourself.

You seriously can't imagine why wld427 would be pissed off? Do you really imagine those addons were asked for out of indolent laziness? Pull your head in.

Calling people names is not going to bring you bonus points.

well in this case where i hve spent MONTHs reskinning, configing, and helping them config thier mod..... i think i have the right to call them whatever I want.

If i had the modeling talents of Vilas or Scars dont you thnk i would do it myself???

I am adding SOME eastern stuff. Just like i explained in the above post.

Obviously this displeases some. Too Bad.... Many NATO, and western aligned armies use eastern stuff. Greece, Turkey, South Korea, just to name a few. I think it works.

I got no problems with some eastern stuff making it's way into the mod. If others don't like it then screw em'. It's your Mod, do what you like.

well in this case where i hve spent MONTHs reskinning, configing, and helping them config thier mod..... i think i have the right to call them whatever I want.

Do keep in mind some people do not like this way of speaking. Doesnt matter what they have done, you are running a mod and you are the main person in the mod.

Dont shout things at other you dont want to hear beeing shouted at yourself. Keep you head up and dont downgrade yourself to that kind of people. It wont only affect you but also the others in your mod.

Just a little piece of advise. wink_o.gif

If someone pulls back the permission there are maybe a few other modmakers around that made the same thing or even a better vehicle, aircraft, etc that you can use.

Do keep in mind some people do not like this way of speaking. Doesnt matter what they have done, you are running a mod and you are the main person in the mod.

Dont shout things at other you dont want to hear beeing shouted at yourself. Keep you head up and dont downgrade yourself to that kind of people. It wont only affect you but also the others in your mod.

Just a little piece of advise.  wink_o.gif

If someone pulls back the permission there are maybe a few other modmakers around that made the same thing or even a better vehicle, aircraft, etc that you can use.

thanks VXR ...

so true....

as usual i let my emotions get the best of me. Kinda hard not to when it takes so much time and effort to do this stuff.

Really it is guys like Vilas, SnakeMan, Datakill and others who are always there to help out and offer up anything they have for me to use. They are the ones that keep me going.

love this thread.

It's like my very own arma soap opra   smile_o.gif  the emotions run high!

personally I get permissions and the addons gone!

Take the F1 car, it was converted, and tested, sent for permissions got those, released in 3 days.

You should PM me who took back the permissions so I can steer clear of them myself.

Southy

well all am saying is frack em {arma soap opra} lol just a bit

it.s like how Eble put it we who do this allways ask for full permission but for takeing back the permission is a bit side ways if you ask me huh.gif well thats ma 10p on it lol and keep up the work man i just love the stuff you is doing wink_o.gif