Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

My Mobo blew up when I started helping out  crazy_o.gif

WTH?? Ghost in the PRACS Machine!!!  rofl.gif

The sheer awesome of the PRACS team's work causes computers to burn themselves out like caffeine junkies after 5 days of no sleep.

My Mobo blew up when I started helping out  crazy_o.gif

WTH?? Ghost in the PRACS Machine!!!  rofl.gif

The sheer awesome of the PRACS team's work causes computers to burn themselves out like caffeine junkies after 5 days of no sleep.

sounds like me trying to fix the damn turrets on the LAVs!

Thanks for the update!

One advice. Either post one readme in the BIKI for example or

name each readme as the addon name.

Right now all have the same name. smile_o.gif

Be nice if you could put a version number for each download at your download web page  thumbs-up.gif

Cheers

Gnat @ Jan. 25 2009,04:18)]Be nice if you could put a version number for each download at your download web page  thumbs-up.gif

Cheers

will do.

For the time being just check the comments as i put a date there the last time the file was updated.

enjoy

smile_o.gif

Thanks for the update!

One advice. Either post one readme in the BIKI for example or

name each readme as the addon name.

Right now all have the same name.  smile_o.gif

we actually use one big readme.

I did this as evey time we release something new we simply add the new classnames to the list. Then when the downloader extracts the new files to his drive he just lets it overwrite the old one.

i think its a pretty good system. rofl.gif

Yup, the readme works well. Since I keep all PRACS stuff in the same mod folder it's nice to be able to just have one big one that I can overwrite each time new content is added.

a bug to report

the etendard as 30 rocket has little damage on even a bmp

it takes two rockets to destroy a bmp..(1 doesnt even make the crew hop out) plus its accuracy is low as it often doesnt hit the target

same with FAB bombs on all planes as far as i can tell ..the diamond comes up later than it should for a close hit..instead the bomb goes miles off

hope its an easy fix and doesnt delay your work guys

a bug to report

the etendard as 30 rocket has little damage on even a bmp

it takes two rockets to destroy a bmp..(1 doesnt even make the crew hop out) plus its accuracy is low as it often doesnt hit the target

same with FAB bombs on all planes as far as i can tell ..the diamond comes up later than it should for a close hit..instead the bomb goes miles off

hope its an easy fix and doesnt delay your work guys

Thanks for the report. The etendard issues will be addressed in the etendard update. I had alot of difficulty with the AS30Ls on the MirageIII as well. As far as unguided bombs go..... not to sure the best way to make them hit the target as well... they are unguided lol. I think this is why BIS never put any bombs on thier planes. I may re-evaluate the loadouts on them too. They need work on the shadows and i need to get the hook animated. never fear though its up on the block soon.

thanks

Eddie

Project RACS

According to this update of your Chinook CH-47:

Quote[/b] ]

- Added new rotors based on BIS Blackhawk

Please give proper credits for this change. It isn't AfrographX work nor is it yours.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Myke

According to this update of your Chinook CH-47:
Quote[/b] ]

- Added new rotors based on BIS Blackhawk

Please give proper credits for this change. It isn't AfrographX work nor is it yours.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Myke

well actually i got the idea from your post on armaholic....

so ther eis your credit.

thanks for the idea as i did not realize all you had to do was stretch and fatten the rotors a lil bit.. then bend em.... perfect fit.

If it's only the idea you got from there, then you surely can explain which parts you used to assemble the new rotors.

All i ask is proper credit, not more but also not less.

:EDITH:

Quote[/b] ]

thanks for the idea as i did not realize all you had to do was stretch and fatten the rotors a lil bit.. then bend em.... perfect fit.

Already this tells that it wasn't you nor anyone of your team. It wasn't absolutely not necessarly to stretch or fatten them in any way and they are already bended on the Blackhawk. But there is indeed one significant change and i bet you can tell me which.

you know what...

i simply copied the BIS rotor blade form the blackhawk, shortened and widened it....the funny part was when i forgot to redefine it.... looked like a ninja sword fight.

texture is one of BIS too....

Cntrl+C then Cntrl+V....

i made the spinning proxy from the rotor proxy of the KA50...

So again

PROJECT RACS WOULD LIKE TO SAY A BIG THANKS TO MYKE AS HE CAME UP WITH THE BRIGHT IDEA THE BIS ROTORS COULD BE MANIPULATED TO LOOK LIKE PROPPER CHINOOK ONES.

honestly you truly did come up with the idea....i read it on your Armaholic page. Well before you got all emotional and pulled your addons off the site.

Edited last post while you wrote...so read above please.

Quote[/b] ]

i made the spinning proxy from the rotor proxy of the KA50...

Can you be more specific please?

well at this point you can blow it out your ass....

i clearly explained to you how i did it......

you are just all sorts of butt hurt that i helped get your little addon rating project shot down at armaholic.

Project RACS has always been quick to give credit where credit is due.

if you have further issues please address on PM.

So you say it's pure randomness that they look exactly the same?

GLT's CH-47:

372-arma%202009-01-25%2001-20-31-85.jpg

PRACS CH-47:

372-arma%202009-01-25%2001-20-47-78.jpg

And this has nothing to do with the addon quality project. Proper credits are proper credits, not more and not less.

you may want to get in touch wth BIS as i think they might be stealing from you too your holiness......

piccopy.jpg

when truly its the bottom rotor of the Ka50

i used that one with the blackhawk blades.

this is some serious bullshit....

obviously we both copied the same parts from BIS.

get over yourself

No need to get angry. I never accused you for anything. Just asked for proper credits.

I know it's just about the rotors but it was a bit more work than copy/pasting. And you can't surely think that no one could see that they are 100% identic, down to the smallest detail. Although the idea itself of using parts of the KA50 could be yourself, the editing afterwards, placement and adjusting of the BH blades and finally putting it on the Chinook are that similar that everyone can see it is the same rotor on both.

And if i would be p****** because of the fail of the project i launched, i would have you asked to not use my work at all. But i really just asked for a small credit for this tiny detail that it is.

And about the work i have retired from the net, this was my very own decision and if you think it is because of you...no offence, but for me you aren't that important that you could influence me that far.

And i never said anything against you or Project RACS. Ever kept respect from your work as they are really well made and they still develops great. Glad you decided to binarize your work and you start to care about the arma.RPT. Keep it up.

And finally.....it is the top rotor of the KA-50 and not the bottom.

I consider this issue closed.

i used the bottom rotor by the way....

so lets call them mykes rotors and thats it.

Quote[/b] ]i used the bottom rotor by the way....

I'm sorry, but if you go this way i have no other choice than call you a liar.

Using the bottom rotor would be so illogical since the top rotor is "ready to use" by just removing all underlying parts.

So you want seriously tell us that you took the bottom rotor, took the "hat" from the top rotor just to put it on the bottom rotor? And also you adjusted the angle of the collective control parts exactly as i did month before?

You adjusted and placed every part of it exactly as i did, down to the milimeter?

Who do you think will believe this? Never ever said something bad about you or your Mod. Can't understand why it is so hard for you to say truth.

Anyway, as i can't influence what you do and what you release, for me this is also solved. I'm just disappointed again. I really have to ask myself if i want to be part of such a community. For sure it wont be a great loss at all but i guess it's a matter of time until more and probably much better community members might also to decide to step back.

:EDITH:

Sent msg to Foxhound to re-enable the download.

i guess i will just bow to your greatness and thank the good lord that your spirit posessed me for a saturday afternoon last week....

Ofr the sake of ending this....

Project RACS is using Mykes rotors on the chinook.....

notworthy.gif   notworthy.gif   notworthy.gif  

icon_rolleyes.gif  

Wow all this over a peice of model that NEITHER of you had made in the first place? Chill dudes, the community is fine smile_o.gif no point arguing over such trivial stuff.

yay.gif