Thunderbird

FFUR'85 (2008 edition)

Hello;

This seems to be a lovely mod, but I am looking for a bit more info that I cannot find (either on this forum or the FFUR website), and I was advised to post my queries to this existing thread.

Specifically:

1) When installing the mod, are any changes made to the registry?

2) How does one uninstall the mod?

3) Does uninstalling the mod automatically uninstall the SLX replacement pack (my installation would not complete unless the SLX pack was installed). If not, how is the SLX pack uninstalled?

4) What does the option to disable resistance foliage/buildings mean? Should these be disabled or not, and what is the advantage of this?

5) Can I continue to use user-created missions after the FFUR mod is installed?

All in all a lovely mod.

Thanks in advance to all who help.

Smeghead99

1) I doubt it, as far as I can tell, the installer's only purpose is to ensure the mod folder goes to the right place and that shortcuts are made.

2) There's an uninstaller with the mod. If that doesn't work, you can simply delete the FFUR folder and any shortcuts to it.

3) SLX is combined with the mod, so once you remove FFUR you delete SLX too. If you want SLX on its own you need to download 'vanilla' SLX

4) It would allow you to use custom foliage and buildings I would think, resistance foliage is faster though but doesn't look as nice. There are also certain missions which are broken by non-standard buildings/foliage as it interferes with the AI.

5) Depends on the mission. Its tested to work with the campaign, but after that it can have unexpected effects with certain missions that may render it unplayable. The mod is not multiplayer compatible.

Hi, Tbird84

I am stating out some bugs that I've find out recently, some of which are probably already mentioned: whistle.gif

-1. V-80 no gear and cannon pointing up.

-2. A-10 can not see the missiles and bombs

-3. Russian officer helmet and hat are both on.

-4. BMP's crew's arms went through the turret when turned out.

-5. PT-76's cargo interior & crew's view when turned out.

-6. Mig-21, no gear retraction and can not locate the get in position. (I tried 4 times).

-7. F.I.A T-55 have German marking.

-8. M2A2 Bradley's missile launching tube are always closed but still working.

And Suggestions:

-1. Replace the BIS ch-47 with the FFUR 2006 one.

-2. Add BMP-1( the one with the missle), using Orcs's BMP

-3. Add T-80 to the resistance side.

-4. Make the iron sights sharper.

-5. Add retractable gear for Mi-24 & V-80

-6. Change the Mi-17 model to the OWP's Mi-17 (BIS), the green camo and also add their Mi-8 (BIS).

After all, great mod. inlove.gif Tbird84

Nes4day. J.Carlvin smile_o.gif

I think there was some sort of problem with the FFUR 2006 chinook which meant that crew and passengers couldnt eject from it, which caused problems with certain missions. One thing I find odd is that certain improved models that were used in previous versions (like the FAL for example) have since been reverted to the standard BIS ones. I wonder what the reason for this was.

How do I disable the slow radio chatter which is especially useless in close combat battles and tank battles.

You may want to try SamotH-ReplacemenT-PacK which is an addon that allows you to reduce or eliminate the radio voices from a multitude of mods. In OFP attenuating or eliminating the radio chatter improves the response time of the AI and does make a difference.

Check it out:

SamotH-ReplacemenT-PacK

If I wanted to do it myself how would I accomplish it ? without any kind of applications.

Try downloading the mod and unpacking it. You may be able to reverse engineer the how to of disabling the radio chatter. I haven't looked at the mod myself, so can't say for sure.

Edit: By unpack I mean un-pbo it if it uses a .pbo file.

Speaking of which, I don't know if this is being addressed with the next possible patch, but I'm gonna look into re-adding the old ECP explosions over the current fire effects (or lack there of tounge2.gif ). Not sure if it can be done but I remember Y2K3 had both sets of (older) explosions working.

It's about the only gripe I have with this mod.. shooting a helicopter with an RPG and watching it crash nose first into the ground as the pilots proceed to eject unharmed and shoot me is bad for morale. crazy_o.gif

Hi all!

I was trying Samoth Replacement PAck for remove voices but it doesnt work. When i run voiceRep.exe or wXp.bat it tells me "PBO file not found". I opened wXp.bat and it searchs for voice.pbo and voiceRH.pbo, and havent those files....

What could be the problem???

anybody can help me?

thnx and sorry my english biggrin_o.gif

Hello,

I'vent understood someting, why when i kill a BMP i see nothing on it (netiher broken chain neither canon break neiter break in armaor etc. ...) its just as a new and fonctional BMP so i think its just i have pass the amror and kill the crew but in this case why would'nt board in (even if i see after all is break).

Thx in adavance.

Hi all,

First, sorry for the long delay, the development of Project'85 for ArmA takes almost all my free time.

But I'm still not done with OFP, as I would like to ensure that the FFUR MOD will be accomplished in 'decent conditions'.

Therefore, if anyone could regroup all bugs reported though this thread and report them here in a single post then this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

TB

HI TB, good to see you!! smile_o.gif

I've a little question: do you implement FFUR'85 features in FFSX2007 (like the awesome crack sound, the new grass islands and the artillery script)? otherwise no problem!! biggrin_o.gif Thanks for your work in OFP community!! notworthy.gif

Hi all..here the bugs list and suggestion from the previous pages (after the release of the 1.05 patch):

I would say 5% wrong as it is only a matter of 'Missile Launcher', unfortunately I haven't got the necessary time to achieve the BMP's Model replacement, but if you have the patience and skills to carry this out yourself, then feel free to do it and release a little patch that corrects the little issue ;].

- No worries, I added this to a brand new list of bugs to fix for the incoming little patch intended to replace the US vehicles by Vektorbosen incoming models -

Bug Report:

- Whenever I try and place someone in a BTR-80 I get a CTD

- V-80 with no gear and cannon is pointing to left side

- Soviet Squad Leader have both - helmet and blue cap - on their head.

- in Editor an wrong (mixed up) entry: USSR - US Army Infantry - Pilot Camel (this unit could been switched to Soviet Regular Troops)

- Sound of the F4's wings folding isn't incorporated into the patch. (States its missing)

- Problem with explosion, burning vehicles/men

- The SU22 has US radio chatter;

- The GlockS always has the slide pulled back, suggesting an empty magazine;

- Soviet ammo is shown as "5.54", should of course be "5.45". It also gives a stronger recoil than 7.62X39 ammo;

- The RPK74 only fires in single, doesn't have other firing modes;

- The VAL has firing modes of "AS VAL" and "9.39mm Auto", out of the standard used in the other weapons.

- A-10 can not see the missiles and bombs

- BMP's crew's arms went through the turret when turned out.

- PT-76's cargo interior & crew's view when turned out.

- Mig-21, no gear retraction and can not locate the get in position. (I tried 4 times).

- F.I.A T-55 have German marking.

- M2A2 Bradley's missile launching tube are always closed but still working.

Suggestion:

- retractable gear for V-80 and Mi-24

- V-80 need proper canon this one is pointing to left side through the helicopter

- MiG 21 increase engine sound in cockpit

- Mi-24, UH-60 slightly increase engine sound in cockpit too

- RPG's zigzag too much

- T-80BV change standard main gun ammo from He-Frag to APFSDS

- M2 Bradley add "activate TOW" and TOW launcher goes up and automatically down

- M2 Bradley the ironsight of 7.62mm Co-ax looks bad maybe take one from another vehicle

- some ironsights are too blurry is there easy way to get only "sharp" ironsights?

- add radio to M577A2 (HQ) for artillery and air strike, support troops (via mapclick)

- AIM-54 Phoeix "n" missing

- Replace FAL with one from FFSX2007

- Add T-80 to the resistance side.

- Replace the BIS ch-47 with the FFUR 2006 one.

- Add retractable gear for Mi-24 & V-80

I hope there are all bugs reported..sorry otherwise smile_o.gif

Hi all..here the bugs list and suggestion from the previous pages (after the release of the 1.05 patch):

I would say 5% wrong as it is only a matter of 'Missile Launcher', unfortunately I haven't got the necessary time to achieve the BMP's Model replacement, but if you have the patience and skills to carry this out yourself, then feel free to do it and release a little patch that corrects the little issue ;].

- No worries, I added this to a brand new list of bugs to fix for the incoming little patch intended to replace the US vehicles by Vektorbosen incoming models -

Bug Report:

- Whenever I try and place someone in a BTR-80 I get a CTD

- V-80 with no gear and cannon is pointing to left side

- Soviet Squad Leader have both - helmet and blue cap - on their head.

- in Editor an wrong (mixed up) entry: USSR - US Army Infantry - Pilot Camel (this unit could been switched to Soviet Regular Troops)

- Sound of the F4's wings folding isn't incorporated into the patch. (States its missing)

- Problem with explosion, burning vehicles/men

- The SU22 has US radio chatter;

- The GlockS always has the slide pulled back, suggesting an empty magazine;

- Soviet ammo is shown as "5.54", should of course be "5.45". It also gives a stronger recoil than 7.62X39 ammo;

- The RPK74 only fires in single, doesn't have other firing modes;

- The VAL has firing modes of "AS VAL" and "9.39mm Auto", out of the standard used in the other weapons.

- A-10 can not see the missiles and bombs

- BMP's crew's arms went through the turret when turned out.

- PT-76's cargo interior & crew's view when turned out.

- Mig-21, no gear retraction and can not locate the get in position. (I tried 4 times).

- F.I.A T-55 have German marking.

- M2A2 Bradley's missile launching tube are always closed but still working.

Suggestion:

- retractable gear for V-80 and Mi-24

- V-80 need proper canon this one is pointing to left side through the helicopter

- MiG 21 increase engine sound in cockpit

- Mi-24, UH-60 slightly increase engine sound in cockpit too

- RPG's zigzag too much

- T-80BV change standard main gun ammo from He-Frag to APFSDS

- M2 Bradley add "activate TOW" and TOW launcher goes up and automatically down

- M2 Bradley the ironsight of 7.62mm Co-ax looks bad maybe take one from another vehicle

- some ironsights are too blurry is there easy way to get only "sharp" ironsights?

- add radio to M577A2 (HQ) for artillery and air strike, support troops (via mapclick)

- AIM-54 Phoeix "n" missing

- Replace FAL with one from FFSX2007

- Add T-80 to the resistance side.

- Replace the BIS ch-47 with the FFUR 2006 one.

- Add retractable gear for Mi-24 & V-80

I hope there are all bugs reported..sorry otherwise smile_o.gif

Just one thing, goliath86

Could you please next time when you are posting, instead of copying other people's post, use the quate button, thank you. wink_o.gif

And plus, Tbird - just something to add

*Change the Mi-17 model to the OWP's Mi-17 BIS (Under East Air), the green camo and also add their Mi-8 BIS (Under East Air).*please.

J.Carlvin

Great FFUR'85 TB and nice to see that you working on update beside Project'85!!

Found some more bugs/things to fix:

- new beautiful grass is placed on runways and on some parts of main roads (btw. are you going to update it on FFUR-SLX'07?)

- during combat the sound/shooting reverb is often to loud is there an option to lower this down or to turn it off?

- additional voice chatter in combat is nice but its strange if there only very few units alive and they keep talking. Is there a way to configure it like "if below 5 units there is silence"?

- A6 (AI) aircraft land without lowering landing gear

- F14, F15, F4, Mig 27, Mig 23, Mig 21 (all AI) don't land at airport

- Mi-24V need some working retractable landing gear

- Mi-24V, Mi-8 MT/MTV missing salvos with 12.7mm Yak-B and 7.62mm PKT and rockets

- V-80 need landing gear and if possible slightly moveable gunpoint

- helicopter pilots (UH60. Mi-8) have radio but not working yet - what about making one call for emergency extraction and another UH60/Mi-8 will come and pick them up?

- set the 3rd person view to standard or make an option - its now too close (only testing with planes)

The devil is in the details... good work is done in your modifications bring new and better feeling to the old lady OFP!! smile_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

Is this mod Multiplayer compatible? me and a friend been trying to play it on lan and it crashes just about every time.

Quote[/b] ]Is this mod Multiplayer compatible? me and a friend been trying to play it on lan and it crashes just about every time.

As far as LAN goes I'm really not sure. It crashes OFP servers and some will even ban you if you try to use it.

Also, the vehicles don't seem to be destroyed- they just have broken glass. Bring back those big explosions when you shoot a fuel truck ect!!

Another note, the plane AI seems pretty suicidal, often crashing for no reason.

Anyway, good mod!

My biggest thing is the officer with the beret and helmet on, it looks funny, as far as performance, I think actually trying to limit the effects or coming up with a light config would be nice.

I also seem to be missing things like p3d files and stuff from data3d and it would crash when I went to look at my map.

Also I dont know if anyone else has experienced this but I get a major lag factor with the retextured sky included in this pack, so please consider a light config or something.

ps.When im in soem vechiles it says missing zuni.p3d.magic or something like that, what does this mean?, is there something else I should download?

it also says im missing a uralt.p3d.magic or whatever, help please?

That would be nice, did anyone run into a problem with their soldiers swimming but then suddenly mid-way just die?

I think that Thunderbird has finished working on ofp things and concentrating on Project 85 for Armed Assault, so its unlikely that it will be fixed.