Thunderbird

FFUR'85 (2008 edition)

Quote[/b] ]Quite normal, nothing to worry about. smile_o.gif

Ok thanks, mate. I was starting to think my pc sucks.

Do you recommend applying the 1.05 patch???

If I'm not mistaken I read there's another one coming out soon. right? Should I wait a little bit longer for the new one instead?

Go ahead and run the patch - you really never know when a new one will arrive.

Nice work TB. Took me a while to convince myself to take out the modern theme. Nice job as always.

sorry for posting it here,,,but does anyone knowwhat the Target for FFur-SLx is,,,cause i cant find the exe for it !!! someone help me please !! all i want is to play FFUR-SLX !!! help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

I'm using ffur 85 2008 and everything works great! awesome mod indeed! but after applying patch 1.05 the russian officers look weird now. They wear their blue beret over their helmets! Anyone knows how to fix this issue?

Go back to page 27 of this topic - you'll find which files need to be changed to give the Soviet officers either berets or helmets. Detailed instructions are given by Mr Kurtz

Go back to page 27 of this topic - you'll find which files need to be changed to give the Soviet officers either berets or helmets. Detailed instructions are given by Mr Kurtz

Alright thanks a lot mate I'll check out page 27 ASAP.

Hello, thunderbird.

Are there any more patches planned to this mod? I've got some bugs to report here:

- CTD when troops board the Soviet BTR-80.

- Unable to find a way to enter an empty Mig-21. The "get in" action doesn't appear in the action list.

- The Mig also gives an error when I disembark it.

- US Blackops are able to walk through vehicles and infantry. I can walk through anything without any resistance.

- PT-76's cargo animations are incorrect.

- Soviet BTR-152 has US rocket launchers in cargo.

- AK-47's bolt doesn't move when being fired unlike on the other weapons.

- RPD's drum magazines don't have any pictures in the gear menu.

- Rebel UAZ (Medic) still uses the vanilla OFP model. Doesn't look really good alongside the new, other UAZs.

- Rebel ZIL troop transport truck and the ammo truck both use the same model. Not sure if this is on purpose, but now they won't be able to be identified from each other.

- All the ZILs have the same license plates: "00-00-AAA", though sometimes they don't have them at all.

- Both Glocks' slides are back when loaded and forward when empty. Should be the other way around.

- After installing the SLX replacement pack, the flames / smoke effects of piers look like this. Every other burning effects look fine.

- Bradley's TOW launcher is always lowered and covered.

That's everything I found out so far. Also, if I may make a wish: I'd like to see a Command Post Carrier in the Soviet side too, a equivalent to the US M577A2.

Apart from the bugs listed above, I've got to say that I'm pretty impressed about this mod. I like the bullets' and rockets' flying effects... never thought that would be possible in OFP.

Looking forward for any news from you. Your work is really appreciated! smile_o.gif

Does anyone know if you need to install Mr Burns Island pack after installing FFUR 2008? i.e. is the Mr Burns Island pack included in the FFUR 2008 installation?

Just installed this great addon is great!! But unfortunately lots of trees and grass patchs on default islands are white!! They look like papaer sheets pasted into the trees or into grass patches.

Any idea of how to solve it please?

Thanks!

Try to put the ffur 2008 in a seperate folder in your ofp directory.

Then make sure you run the Install_win2k_XP batch included in the ffur 08 folder.

Then make a shortcut to your ofp exe.

The put in your ofp shortcut properties "C:\Program Files\Operation Flashpoint\FlashpointPreferences.exe" -mod=(this u put the mod folder name)

Then launch.

If you still have problems then its probably the Install_win2k_XP batch in the ffur folder.

Make sure you run the right one.

Can any one tell me how to install the SLX patch on to FFUR 2008? i tried it so many times but it doesn't work?

you should be able to just install the full FFSX2008 '85 edition and then the updates that follow.

The instructions are on their website, http://ffur.net/ofp/

downlaod and install the first version of 2008 '85, then run it, let it unpack and such, go back and download the patch, install it to the same location, run it play it.

Edited by Birdy890
more explaining

Is there any other place to find the 1.05 patch? Filefront seems to have lost it and I can't find it anywhere else. :(

Does anyone know the name of the menu music?

I TOTALLY SECOND THIS!!!!!!!!!!

What's the name of intro song?

I think it has been edited with lots of other music and sound

but can someone tell me how to get it into mp3 or wav file??

And also I'm looking for the name of intro song for FFUR 2007 SLX!!

im currently studying media arts and production in university and i would like to use some of music for my future projects.

of course i will strictly ask the owner for it when im using it :)

so.... PLZ HELP ME OUT GUYS!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!! lol

ps. sorry for my poor english, im not a native speaker :(

Edited by CKluvz

I TOTALLY SECOND THIS!!!!!!!!!!

What's the name of intro song?

I think it has been edited with lots of other music and sound

but can someone tell me how to get it into mp3 or wav file??

And also I'm looking for the name of intro song for FFUR 2007 SLX!!

im currently studying media arts and production in university and i would like to use some of music for my future projects.

of course i will strictly ask the owner for it when im using it :)

so.... PLZ HELP ME OUT GUYS!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!! lol

ps. sorry for my poor english, im not a native speaker :(

The name of the song playing during the intro of FFUR 2007 is known as Fired Up. It's the main theme song for the tv show "The Unit". I believe it was composed by a guy named Robert Duncan. As for the other song I have no idea.

The name of the song playing during the intro of FFUR 2007 is known as Fired Up. It's the main theme song for the tv show "The Unit". I believe it was composed by a guy named Robert Duncan. As for the other song I have no idea.

The other song is a version of a song from 300 called Fever Dream. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIiNHOvdOMs

hi,i have a question, ffur 2008 have grasses? when i play ffur 2008 i only see new effects,animation, and unit skins but the terrain is no different, its still the old texture,no grass and old trees. If there is grasses then how do you add it? i use ffur 2008 with slx but like i said no grasses

Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but i just reinstalled OFP a few days ago and it seems that the new SF model introduced in FFUR'85 is kind of glitchy. What's wrong? Well, the torso (center) of the soldier looks VEEERY weird, like if some kind of a interstellar vortex sucked him up to the ground. It also occurs in some other addons and i don't know why the heck it's happening. So any help appreciated!

I remember having read this problem mentionned, some people found that the addons responsible of this were the Kevbaz&TeaCup animated dog addon and/or Bambi's International Blackops and/or Nephilim mercenaries.

There are some addon packs that use the dog (an Horror pack does it) , and the models from Bambi can be found in some mods (i remember noticing a ffur screenshot featuring one, but i don't know if it was the same ffur you use).

So in case you use some addons along your ffur, remove them and see if it fixes the problem. Chances are that ffur feature either has the dog or the black ops and it could create problems with one of the extra addons you are using along the mod.