Thunderbird

FFUR'85 (2008 edition)

Have installed the update but am still experiencing a major problem with the Resistance campaign. All of my squad members (equipped by myself in the previous mission) start a new mission with hand grenades instead of weapon magazines (in this case, AK74 ammunition is not being allocated - rather - troops are given grenades to shoot with).

This is a major bug for obvious 'survival' issues smile_o.gif

ALSO, night vision still way too grainy for use. Was this not fixable?

Great mod.  I love the fact that is improves upon, rather than changing the original game and era.  Very nice.  Its a fitting final epsiode to this great mod.  

Questions:  Were the purdy fire and explosion effects removed or is my install porked?  Setting off the satchels in bomberman usually creates a nice fireworks and smoke display.  This doesnt happen anymore.  I liked the small secondary explosions in the previous mod as the burned out vehicles cooked off.

Is it necessary to add the @slx notation after the end of the shortcut properties? I noticed it said to do that after the extras pack finsished installing. Im just using the shortcut provided in the ffur directory.

need mirrors, filefront is still down, i dont understand how you people even got there crazy_o.gif

i would have mirrored it for TB but he hasnt given me permission to. Maybe sometimes tonight he'll ok it. The file is there just not listed. (techwarriorz)

Hello all;

New to this forum, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to uninstall the FFUR '85 (2008 Edition) mod? I see an uninstall FFUR icon in my Flashpoint folder but am not sure if this is the proper way of uninstalling it (I also see an entry under Add/Remove for FFUR).

Any help is much appreciated.

smeghead99

Quote[/b] ]I also ran into the same problem with "steal The Car" episode. If I ran up on a AI they couldnt hit me to save themselves but I was hit running about 100 yards away from them. As a test I ran directly thru the town gunning down every Ai i came within 20 feet or so and they couldnt hit me but I wasted them.

There are issues with the AI, they are very sharp from far away and in close engagements they are sleeping on gas. I think somehow maybe Thunderbird tried to hard to overhaul the whole AI thing but it turned out playing weird. Look at GRAA Modpack 3.0 those are simple improvements to the AI that make the gameplay more challenging. Often you'll find yourself being flanked and their reaction time and aim is fair. I cannot say the same from FFUR '85 right now.

As of weapon accuracy, they are way of. I cannot believe anyone didn't complain from such dispersion, it is unrealistic in the first place. I believe the aim of the mod was to create a realistic experience?

Again recoil ala FDF is good and hand wavering is also a factor to incorporate but dispersion ala JAMHD doesn't feel right. Once you aim down the iron sight, the bullet should go in a somehow straight line following a ballistic curve (As far as I know OFP doesn't calculate other factors such as windage, and it's physics are pretty basic, at least there is bullet travel time). I shot some airguns with better accuracy.

Sorry for the strong criticism, everything else is just top notch. Nothing to add.

The Dispersion values haven't been modified from the 'core' pack, I only disabled some AI scripts that have no direct relation with the weaponry.

I'm getting the slight impression that you are basing your statements on wrong impressions, as I launched the MOD once again to check whether the AI is so inaccurate at short range or not and noticed nothing wrong, as I have been killed in the first couple of seconds.

I have tried the experience several times and always got the same result.

Quote[/b] ]need mirrors, filefront is still down, i dont understand how you people even got there

Here is another Mirror - (Courtesy of twcrash from techwarriorz).

Quote[/b] ]Were the purdy fire and explosion effects removed or is my install porked?  Setting off the satchels in bomberman usually creates a nice fireworks and smoke display.  This doesnt happen anymore.  I liked the small secondary explosions in the previous mod as the burned out vehicles cooked off.

This happens because you choose the option n1 (Direct 3D) during the installation process whereas you have to choose the option n2 (3D HWTL).

To fix this:

- Open \@project85\Dta\ folder.

- Erase the following files:

- Data.pbo

- Data3d.pbo

- HWTL (Only if it exists)

- Run the Launcher once again and this time, choose the Option n2 (3D HWTL).

Quote[/b] ]Im just using the shortcut provided in the ffur directory.

Keep using this one please, because it is not only a simple executable file but it acts as an installer as well as it installs the sky pack elements.

Quote[/b] ]is it normal that the weapon's dispersion seems very large? Sometimes I'd find myself in close encounters or I'd be shooting someone point blank and nothing happened.

What distance please?

Quote[/b] ]Whenever I try and place someone in a BTR-80 I get a CTD

I will check this out.

Quote[/b] ]ALSO, night vision still way too grainy for use. Was this not fixable?

It wasn't possible to fix this due to the lack of time as it wasn't on my list of bugs but this will be fixed with the next incoming patch.

And thanks for the nice words,

Regards,

TB

Had very little time but found some minutes to test this new patch. Found some things:

~ V-80 with no gear and cannon is pointing to left side

~ Soviet Squad Leader have both - helmet and blue cap - on their head.

~ in Editor an wrong (mixed up) entry: USSR - US Army Infantry - Pilot Camel (this unit could been switched to Soviet Regular Troops)

Suggestions so far:

- change this V-80 into another vehicle like Kamov (Ka-52 from Evgeni looks good imho needs only some translation)

- add Team Leader and Captive on each side

- helmets for Team Leader or baretts

- add extra file with option: "Decrease Weapon/Ammo HD xx%", "Back to standard OFP settings" wink_o.gif

Thanks TB working on FFUR-SLX 2007 and FFUR85!! smile_o.gif

Thanks Thunderbird for fixing the BMP-1P model in the incoming patch.

oh and please don't add the ka-52 it doesnt fit in that timeline and please please fix the vehicle inheritance class (thats what causes certain 3rd party helicopter addons not to show up in mission editor , )

Also RHS ironsights for the AK series should be used instead of CSLA ironsights.

The Dispersion values haven't been modified from the 'core' pack, I only disabled some AI scripts that have no direct relation with the weaponry.

I'm getting the slight impression that you are basing your statements on wrong impressions, as I launched the MOD once again to check whether the AI is so inaccurate at short range or not and noticed nothing wrong, as I have been killed in the first couple of seconds.

I have tried the experience several times and always got the same result.

Quote[/b] ]need mirrors, filefront is still down, i dont understand how you people even got there

Here is another Mirror - (Courtesy of twcrash from techwarriorz).

Quote[/b] ]Were the purdy fire and explosion effects removed or is my install porked?  Setting off the satchels in bomberman usually creates a nice fireworks and smoke display.  This doesnt happen anymore.  I liked the small secondary explosions in the previous mod as the burned out vehicles cooked off.

This happens because you choose the option n1 (Direct 3D) during the installation process whereas you have to choose the option n2 (3D HWTL).

To fix this:

- Open \@project85\Dta\ folder.

- Erase the following files:

- Data.pbo

- Data3d.pbo

- HWTL (Only if it exists)

- Run the Launcher once again and this time, choose the Option n2 (3D HWTL).

Quote[/b] ]Im just using the shortcut provided in the ffur directory.

Keep using this one please, because it is not only a simple executable file but it acts as an installer as well as it installs the sky pack elements.

Quote[/b] ]is it normal that the weapon's dispersion seems very large? Sometimes I'd find myself in close encounters or I'd be shooting someone point blank and nothing happened.

What distance please?

Quote[/b] ]Whenever I try and place someone in a BTR-80 I get a CTD

I will check this out.

Quote[/b] ]ALSO, night vision still way too grainy for use. Was this not fixable?

It wasn't possible to fix this due to the lack of time as it wasn't on my list of bugs but this will be fixed with the next incoming patch.

And thanks for the nice words,

Regards,

TB

Really strange.  I still don't get the fire/explosion effects even after I delete those files and re-setup the replacement pack choosing option 2.  I dont have the files you mentioned under the DTA directory by the way.  I do have a HWTL folder in the DTA directory though.  Inside that folder are the 2 files you mentioned (Data3d.pbo and Data.pbo's.).  They are 65196KB and 105360KB respectively.  I tried copying them into the DTA directory but that had no effect.  Anyone else having this problem?  By the way, my mod directory is also called @ffsx85.

Dont get me wrong though, I do get a flash when the satchels detonate, just no fire effect afterwards.  Previously guys in the APC;s would run out on fire (of course I would shoot them to put them out of their misery) and the vehicles would have secondary explosions that sent burning pieces of metal in all directions.

This IS my first time with this mod though. I am speaking of your previous mod's effects of course (FFUR-SLX 2007 v2.5). Maybe I should have been a bit clearer.

The uninstaller should work. Alternatively you could delete the FFUR folder and any shortcuts to it. For future reference, you should ask such questions in the thread relating to the mod, which is located in the Completed Addons forum in this case.

smeghead99

welcome.gif

But in the future please use existing threads to ask question instead of starting a new one. You can find the already existing FFUR thread here.

Closing.

Quote[/b] ]Is it normal that the weapon's dispersion seems very large? Sometimes I'd find myself in close encounters or I'd be shooting someone point blank and nothing happened.
Quote[/b] ]What distance please?

Either I engage at less than 10 yd or at 100 yd up to 200 yd the bullets tend to miss very badly and very randomly. I could make a video to illustrate the point. Anyone that ever fired a rifle will know these weapons (M16A2, AK74) are quite accurate even at 200 yd.

My biggest frustration in regards of the mod so far is the accuracy of the weapons and the dispersion they produce.

This is great! I most fond of the whole 85 stuff.

Love the older style Army!

Kudos for all of you efforts and everyone involved! notworthy.gif

I Installed FFSX 85 with Resistance folliage and SLX skypack. How can I switch the skypack to llauma one without experiencing any problems.

Simply use shortcut such -mod=@ffsx -mod=@slx -mod=llaumax ?

Bugs: V80 gun issue, helmet-o-beret (rus officer)

Edit:

Previously I had ugly greenish sky (I thought it was from slx and wanted to replace it) after slx installation. I reinstalled ffur + slx and now everything looks fine.

Nice patch wink_o.gif

I'm sorry but how can I change the AK47's optic? I want use the MCM-SLX ak47 optik but I don't know what I must change in the config.cpp file for use it...tank you smile_o.gif

What you are reffering to is the ironsights and MCM-SLX has the AKM not the AK-47. The best ironsights were either made by RHS or ORCS.

Quote[/b] ]Were the purdy fire and explosion effects removed or is my install porked? Setting off the satchels in bomberman usually creates a nice fireworks and smoke display. This doesnt happen anymore. I liked the small secondary explosions in the previous mod as the burned out vehicles cooked off.

I experience almost a similar issue now and I have chosen carefully option no. 2 with HWTL during the installation. Smoke puffs and dust are abundantly present but I haven`t seen any explosoions and fires! Whats wrong ? When vehicle is hit with rocket or any other AT projectile, it doesnt flame up and explode, only smoke puffs and vehicle turns to black. Many times I blew up tanks and I`ve never seen crew members that are set ablaze and getting off the burning vehicle. The only objects that seem to be fired up are buildings, sure they burn nicely. Moreover helos and airplanes when hit by rocket do not explode and burn. They simply slump the ground without any visible fire or smoke.

Do you guys get tracers in your ffsxs ? The only tracers I saw are from airplanes (except mig 21, A10), PT76 (mg tracer) pk and m60 machinegunners. Where the h... are tracers from shilkas!! and most of the tanks ?

Anywys, no fires and no tracers. No fun sad_o.gif

Any guesses what might be wrong or sumthing

UPDATE:

I`m forced to use shortcut with -mod=@ffsx because when I use shortcut provided withinf @FFSX directiry I get following error:

errorig2.jpg

That just simply sucks, wtf does this error mean ? I think I`m missing half of the effects because of this.

I agree. Im getting some effects like casings rolling down the hill etc but 0 explosion effects. 0 fire, 0 burnign soldiers.

I also have the "no exploding or burning vehicles /airplanes/Units", but I do have the burnings buldings.

I did choose option 2 during the installation.

A couple small issues with this current patch.

- Russian Squad Leaders wear both a beret and a helmet.

- Sound of the F4's wings folding isn't incorporated into the patch. (States its missing)

nice work!

but there's a little bug involving the model of soviet officers.

they appear with helmets and berets at the same time, i dont know if others have this problem.

here is the screenshot

y0dfirt1.jpg

What you are reffering to is the ironsights and MCM-SLX has the AKM not the AK-47. The best ironsights were either made by RHS or ORCS.

Akm is a new version of the ak47

M=modernized smile_o.gif

then, I want know if you will change the ironsight in the next patch or no...if no, what must do I for change it? Thank you

PS: finally, now, the FPS are a lot!