Thunderbird

FFUR'85 (2008 edition)

Quote[/b] ]2. It would also be more appropriate for rebels to have a T-54.
Why?

To complement the rebel T-55's just like Type-59's would complement T-55A's.

oh, I thought you were saying to replace the T-55 with a T-54.

Oh no no, that would detract from the realism.

Also if I may insist can there be more versions of BMP's (especially with sideskirts and without them) and for rebels different bmps with different camo types (and without camo types) just like there are all in csla.

Also PK should be PKM (pkm introduced in 1969) for east and even resistance. Would also be nice to see PKMS wink_o.gif

Other than that Thunderbird amazing job on the realism and gameplay , it was quite difficult playing retalation (first blood) and attacking enemy resistance units. But if I may recommend can you change the AK-74 ironsight to the RHS AK-74 ironsight ?

Also if I may insist...

No you cant.

I think Thunderbird has made has position on your suggestions of incorporating practically every mod that has been made into FFUR... There really is no point in it, most addons work perfectly with FFUR and with all the typing youve done with the endless lists of spam, you could have easily coded your own mod by now.

Its up to Thunderbird but the last postings of mine were not really concerning adding new addons but more of adjustments etc...

As for addons it seems that most 3rd party addons are compatible.

As for addons it seems that most 3rd party addons are compatible.

My point exactly. Why dont you run the third party addons with FFUR?

When do you think you'll release the new patch?

PS: The italian translation is at 55\60% but now it is still for the school: I must study, must do my homework and I haven't no much free time....:(

heres a suggestion universal why dont you pour some time into building your own mod and see just how feasable it is to add all that. I am sure at the end of the year we would have a semi coherent project that I would greatly want to rip to shreds as a inferior waste of my time for installing and playing. I actually dont think you could but It would be nice to see what pile of scrap you would compile as a mod. Not to totally rip you for your suggestions because I believe people have that right to emphasize their opinions. Just like they have the right not to. try the later sometime.

Well thanks for the suggestions but what i suggested above was after actually installing and then playing the mod and that is all I really wanted to say. I also mentioned bugs etc.... and I don't care about adding more addons to the mod right now its more concentrated on realism such as fixing the bugs but as I mentioned before even though what i may have been said was quite lengthy it was all I needed to say.

I  ended up trying FFUR 85, which I think has SLX with it. I went through the extraction and the last thing it said was " you can now run OFP with the SLX Replacement Pack by using "-mod=@SLX". There is an icon in the folder that says Launch FFUR '85.exe, and when I use it, the game menu starts with teh FFUR screen.  The question I have is, do I need to do something else to also enable SLX in addition to FFUR, or is SLX already running in tandem with FFUR? Sorry, and thanks  crazy_o.gif

In other words, if I've started the game from the "Launch FFUR 85" icon, I can assume SLX is running as well?

make  ashortcut on your desktop that have -mod=@ff85;@slx (if those are your mod folder names) and that should work. but I believe the slx stuff is already in the FFUR85 mod now as it is. i am not familiar with the stand alone SLX

Thanks for the amount of suggestions, but as previously stated, unfortunately, there is no time to focus on establishing them.

I take into consideration the reported bugs, though.

The 1st patch is just around the corner, stay tuned.

Regards,

TB

Very soon as long as things keep going well.

Concerning the grass issue, I decided to spread the grass only around roads in order to keep the FPS level quite high.

As you can see below:

mapss0.jpg

The result in-game

grassnm5.jpg

Regards,

TB

Looks good, Thunderbird. Looking forward to the release.

With the changes, will the AI be "dumber" after the patch?

Hi. Looking forward to your updates. I was wondering if you encountered an issue i found when i played with combat!hmmwv addon, specifically with the mk19-no ammo-and the m2, unable to pitch up or down(or sideways, i can't remember). anyone encountered the same issue?

i've reinstalled the mod and it always the same. hopefully, it is something you noticed and included in the patch.

Looking good Tbird.

The grass is very nice, wonder why you didn't get into islands some time ago with the quality of that work.

Quote[/b] ]Hi. Looking forward to your updates. I was wondering if you encountered an issue i found when i played with combat!hmmwv addon, specifically with the mk19-no ammo-and the m2, unable to pitch up or down(or sideways, i can't remember). anyone encountered the same issue?

i've reinstalled the mod and it always the same. hopefully, it is something you noticed and included in the patch.

This is inherent with all new FFUR packs, the mod uses the same class names as combat mod for anims and ammo, result in crossing issues, which causes the errors you have.

Hi thunderbird84,

i have got a small request (i hope so ...),

Sanctuary makes great animation with this last "SancAnimX" included in the FFUR'85,

but i have a big personal preference for the "old" DMA Anims-LeanMod-UniGen.

I tried to lauch your mod with a new shortcut and the minimod "@DMALEAN",

with "OFP Watch" and a remplacement of the Anim.pbo in your DTA folder too,

but without success.

So, if it's possible, could you give me a simple way for a simple noob

to put the "FFUR-SLX 2007" animations into the FFUR'85, please ?

Thx in advance and sorry for my poor english. crazy_o.gif

Have a good day.

Quote[/b] ]So, if it's possible, could you give me a simple way for a simple noob

to put the "FFUR-SLX 2007" animations into the FFUR'85, please ?

Just copy the Anim.pbo from the @FFSX2007\dta folder into the @FFSX85\dta folder and the anims are replaced.

what do I need to do in order to remove the custom islands? i removed SLX_grass to remove the grass which works good except that i of course get the missing addon box.

And is it possible to remove effects or must i go in and edit files with wordpad? i have a weak computer so i would like to remove effects i find unnecessary, like smoke from bullet impact etc.

Just copy the Anim.pbo from the @FFSX2007\dta folder into the @FFSX85\dta folder and the anims are replaced.

I tried this way but i haven't got the totality of the Anims-LeanMod-UniGen's animations.

Prone animations don't change for exemple.

Anyway, it's not really important.

Thx for your answer.

Quote[/b] ]what do I need to do in order to remove the custom islands? i removed SLX_grass to remove the grass which works good except that i of course get the missing addon box.

Delete the SLX_grass_cwc_islands.pbo file to remove the SLX islands for the island menu.

Quote[/b] ]And is it possible to remove effects or must i go in and edit files with wordpad? i have a weak computer so i would like to remove effects i find unnecessary, like smoke from bullet impact etc.

Have a look through the SLX_GL3_Settings file in the @FFSX85 folder and look for something like SLX_Shoteffects=1 and change it to 0 and the Shot effects will be disabled.

Quote[/b] ]I tried this way but i haven't got the totality of the Anims-LeanMod-UniGen's animations.

Prone animations don't change for exemple.

To change the leaning animations you need to edit the config. Find the DMA lean animations in the config and replace the path with the path for the DMA unigen anims.

Excellent work Thunderbird with the mod will be sending you comments/suggestions soon.

Hi, impressive works Thunderbird!! biggrin_o.gif

I've noticed only one problem: the AI has too much accuracy at long range.

In FFUR2008 there isn't this problem.