Thunderbird

FFUR'85 (2008 edition)

Just a info on people who want to use FFUR85 with AEC island and are probably scratching their heads like I was...

You just have to De-PBO the slx_grass_cwcislands.pbo in addons, replace the data with the wrp files of AEC and pbo it again. This way you'll get the nice trees and lose the grass, but that's not that bad imo, as it eats a lot FPS.

Very nice job on the mod.  One bug I've noticed is that with infantry, the weapon aiming crosshair only appears when the units are moving.  I've used the various options for the SLX enhancements but the symtom remains.  Scratching my head on this one, any ideas?

The crosshair is meant to be removed... The reason you see the crosshair when you run or crawl is to indicate that you cant aim...

Quote[/b] ]1) The T-80U model looks a bit out of place for 1985 if i'm correct it was first seen by the west in 1989. I think that the T-80BV would be more suited.

Not exactly true.Yes it was first seen by the west in 1989 at a Russian military parade but it was in production in 1985 and the units using it were in the Leningrad and Moscow military regions.It was never deployed to GDR etc... to serve in soviet central group forces. In 1987 the T-80UD was developed and it had a diesel engine instead of gas turbine engine and other modifications such as snorkel arrangement etc...

Also since FFUR spans the 1980's why not throw in more various military vehicles to make it realistic and show the true 1980s. For example why not add the T-80B,BV,U,UD park ? while also adding other unit parks etc... like the BMD-1P , BMD-2 , BMP-3 , BMD-3 etc...

Also I do not see any reason why the V-80 should be in this 1980's mod. Why not replace it with a Mi-24P or a Mi-24D ? After all the KA-50 (V-80) did not even enter service in 1980's.

sorry to doublepost but my internet wont let me edit posts fully.

continued.........

Designations are also incorrect. The russians modernized all their BMD-1/BMP-1's in 1978 and after that date to P standard (ex BMD-1P) which removed the sagger at-3 and replaced it with fagot or konkurs atgw. Therefore the proper designation for the BMP and BMD-1 would be BMD-1P and BMP-1P.

Also designations for other units need to be changed. Generic designations such as ural and zsu-23-4 are incorrect. They should be for example Ural-375D or ZSU-23-4M3 Beryusa.

The SU-22 is export version and is incorrect. In fact it is the SU-17M4 that the Russian airforce used in the 80's. Also the lack of Mig-29 and Su-27 is quite saddening as they both entered service in the early 80's (dec 1984 for su-27 and august 1983 for mig-29). Also this makes me question the lack of f-15E , F-16 and F-18 *not super hornet but hornet* (entered service in 7 january 1983).

Please if you may please read over what I suggested and take them into consideration to make an awesome 1980s mod (my favourite time periods is 1980s and modern for militaries)

since FFUR spans the 1980's

Funny, I thought it was set in 1985, like the original OFP. Thus the name FFUR85

I thought the same for germany 1985 until I found out it spans the entire eighties and even into the early 1990's.

Guba's units or forces could have deployed with different/custom variants... wink_o.gif

Some "unknown" mercenaries to each side would fit well.

It feels somehow that US side has much more units & power than russian side.

Suggestion russian side - make a split: russian forces and Guba's units.

It feels somehow that US side has much more units & power than russian side.

Well, there is no russian side, only Soviet biggrin_o.gif

Although it fits with BIS' theme, the US are using equipment that they probably wouldn't have had in 1985 on the 'Malden Islands'. Vice versa the Soviets; their best equipment was introduced first in East German Soviet Troops (especially the 8th Guard Army).

So the equipment fits rather with a Germany scenario (after '85) than Malden/Everon/Kolgujev.

But anyway, you'll get an IPM1 and M1A0, which should spice the things a bit up (105mm cannon).

Great news, Thunderbird

Will reinstall OFP for this wink_o.gif

Rule No1 never uninstall OFP whistle.gif

Yes - soviet army neither russian nor SLA biggrin_o.gif

In GDR was based the 1st, 2nd, 8th and the 20th Guards Army. How do you know following:

Quote[/b] ]their best equipment was introduced first in East German
Be carefull not all kind of things from soviet military productions was delivered and deployed first in GDR.

suggestions for FFUR'85:

- missing those FIA signs on T-55, T-80U, UAZ-469, GAZ-69 and at all ZIL trucks. I know it's eyecatching but freedom fighters usually very proud of tounge2.gif

- in editor soviet vehicle: change one of two Ural4320(Repair) into Ural4320(Ammo)

- add US Hemmt(Ammo) or change all supply into truck vehicles ('85 era)

- add mobile HQ vehicles to soviet and rebel side

- F4 has little problems with auto landings and error "Sound RKT wings Fold not found"

- add some F-16 variants (F-15 had only air-to-air missions)

- make some more & better soviet aircraft combat variants (AA missiles upgrades! ) maybe add MiG-25, MiG-29

I'm now in CWC mission "Rescue" - enemy is moving fast and little FIA team doesn't survive long enough to get in truck and reach the camp. I should shoot AI leader... icon_rolleyes.gif

Good suggestions norailgunner I was also gonna add that the Mig-31 should play a good role in FFUR'85 as well. What I want though is 100% compatibility and no problems using FFUR in campaigns (resistance , red hammer etc...)

Hi,

First, thanks for the amount of suggestions, they will all be taken into consideration and "studied" for further implementation.

As some of you alread know, Vektorbosen is working on a realistic selection of armored vehicles that fit perfectly with the theme and that would be hopefully incorporated within the MOD as things are getting nicely so far.

Regarding the soviet side, some adjustements suggested by the russian community of Flashpoint.ru boards would be taken into account as well, in order to reinforce the realism and therefore make the MOD more enjoyable for everyone.

Best Regards,

TB

Thunderbird will the AK-74M series be included ? and do you use the HYK soldiers latest pack (BDU and woodland) ?

Quote[/b] ]Thunderbird will the AK-74M series be included ?

Negative, they weren't that common in the soviet army in '85.

Quote[/b] ]and do you use the HYK soldiers latest pack (BDU and woodland

Yes, but they have BIS heads instead of Llauma ones.

(You could have checked out the 'readme' file before asking).

Regards,

TB

Thunderbird thanks for answering my questions but again I have another question: I want to be able to play PLA1979 (so that china can face off vs russia as well) but the problem here is that I remember for example FFUR-SLX had a problem with VME PLA 3.1 where not all the units etc... showed up in mission editor etc... will i experience the same issue ? and also how is it possible for me to change the PLA units from east to resistance or west.

@thunderbird - Some other members have already asked and have not received an answer so...Is there any easy way to put back the crosshairs? I know not having them is more realistic, but I do like to play in third person and use the crosshairs sometimes. Besides if people really don't want the crosshairs they can disable them in the option menu.

Good work Tbird and co, what I've seen so far is very very good!

Although.

I get wierd white textures on the trees. I tried to follow the instructions but I can't find a Dta/Data folder, and don't understand "take out data3d.pbo and data.pbo".

Could you please explain what I'm supposed to be doing?

I installed all extra slx content and when I start the game I get critical error message like:

Quote[/b] ]Cannot memory-map file '@ffsx\addons\ffur_add.pbo'

What the heck it might be ?

Hi,

The white textures bug some people do sometimes encounter are due to the way you chose to install the "extra files" when you run the launcher, as you have to choose between direct3D and HWTL, (Option 1 or 2).

As stated in the first post, to fix this issue you should open Program files\OperationFlashpoint\@ffsx85\Dta\ folder and Delete Data.pbo/ Data3D.pbo (if they exist) or simply the HWTL folder.

And run again the launcher then choose another option you haven't previously taken into account.

-----------------------------------------------

Here is the report of bugs/suggestions intended to make the mod more enjoyable with an upcoming patch:

Quote[/b] ]

- Incorporate Vektorbosen incoming US Army Vehicles

- Replace Sounds by Fromz ones

- Put back the Crosshair for weapons

- Make SLX scripts more "OFP missions" friendly/ Consequently would decrease the lag (Thanks to solus for the tip to disable AI maneuvers).

Bugs:

-----

+ There does seem to be some kind of problem with the left hand of the spetsnaz soldiers, like part of the hand is missing

+ Also the gear of the Mig-21 doesn`t retracts

+ The Repair truck on the USSR side is listed as Ammo Truck.

+ Put back the radar on the Shilka

+ The Mig-21 is fine for AI but for player control it is quite uncontrolable

+ Put back the crosshairs

+ When turned out on the PT-76 you can only see a "white wall"

+ Resistance G3 and FAL are the old BI-Models

+ The RPD uses the old BI AK-Ironsight

+ RPK-74 only fires in Semi Auto

+ The Steyr also uses the BI Ironsight

+ Fix the error messages: "Error alive: TypeArray, expected Object!"

+ M60A2 should be renamed to M60A1 or M60A3; the M60A2 fired missiles and wasn't fielded widely

+ For the Cobra it says Hellfire, although it should fire TOW

Suggestions:

------------

+ The russians modernized all their BMD-1/BMP-1's in 1978 and after that date to P standard (ex BMD-1P) which removed the sagger at-3 and replaced it with fagot or konkurs atgw. Therefore the proper designation for the BMP and BMD-1 would be BMD-1P and BMP-1P.

+ Generic designations such as ural and zsu-23-4 are incorrect. They should be for example Ural-375D or ZSU-23-4M3 Beryusa.

+ The SU-22 is export version and is incorrect. In fact it is the SU-17M4 that the Russian airforce used in the 80's.

+ Also the lack of Mig-29 and Su-27 is quite saddening as they both entered service in the early 80's

+ Also this makes me question the lack of f-15E , F-16 and F-18 *not super hornet but hornet* (entered service in 7 january 1983).

+ Also since FFUR spans the 1980's why not throw in more various military vehicles to make it realistic and show the true 1980s. For example why not add the T-80B,BV,U,UD park ? while also adding other unit parks etc... like the BMD-1P , BMD-2 , BMP-3 , BMD-3 etc...

Your support in completing the report of bugs/suggestions for the incoming patch would be greatly appreciated

Thank you.

Regards,

TB

TB,

Is the Apache/Air assets not engaging enemy armor unless the units have their engines on not a bug that's corrected in the upcoming patch?

thunderbird84 Messages from Russian users:-) Playing network game, MOD constantly stops with a error, at clients. How to enable vehicle damage effects? Thanks :-)