Thunderbird

FFUR'85 (2008 edition)

Well thank you again - great job!!

found some things:

a) music theme at first start only left side (headphone) all other sounds work fine.

b) played some SP Missions like "Bomberman" and got "Error alive: TypeArray, expected Object!" - sth weird with aftruck?

Mission "Chinook" extraction of Hotel squad doesn't work - sth overwriting getin waypoint?

c) some modern buildings doesn't fit so nice on Everon eg. Morton, Ee73 (SE of Morton)

found this little bit misplaced building in Lamentin Aj53

lamentinrt2.th.jpg

Suggestion for map: one version with only replaced buildings and one version with (many?) new buildings on other positions than original-vanilla OFP.

As said above frame rates are good with this version of FFUR. I use the single mission Revenge as a benchmark and the mission did not slow to a crawl like previous FFUR versions, regular SLX etc. However I find that the sounds are better than FFUR 2007 v2.5.

I don't understand the fly of the rpg et other rockets.

I have the opportunity to fire 3 rockets with french lrac during my national duty, and i found that it isn't very realistic.

Thanks for the feedbacks and reports of bugs.

Some enhancements in terms of sounds would hopefully be carried out as well, for those who usually follow ArmA releases, expect to see the popular FFAM 1.4 Firearms SFX within the incoming patch (With Fromz permission).

Quote[/b] ]

I don't understand the fly of the rpg et other rockets.

I have the opportunity to fire 3 rockets with french lrac during my national duty, and i found that it isn't very realistic.

Used it as well, and got the chance to fire more than 3 rockets at different ranges since LRACs were a part of the standard equipment within the P4 and the AUF-1.

A little photo here

SLX values are realistic since the wind does really affect the rockets trajectory.

Regards,

TB

A few things I noticed:

1. I get the following error upon startup (No entry 'Config.cpp/CfgWeapons/M16GrenadeLauncher.displayNameMagazine'wink_o.gif

2. Sound cutting in and out while commanding an M2A1.

3. Tested the AH1, A-6 intruder and they also performed poorly in the CAS role.

Indeed the best ffur of them all, time to get started with the BIS campaigns again biggrin_o.gif

Ok TB!

Ive finally seen effects like people, trees etc. just patience...

Artillery works perfectly (yes, only squad's leader can call for it) whistle.gif

Finally i only can say that this mod isnt the best, is the ONE, is the MOD (i have tested ECP,Y2k3....).

Even better than ArmA. (i have tested ECP,Y2k3....)

Keep up the good work!

Pd. Amazing soviets MGs sound pistols.gif

Cheers for the nice words.

Quote[/b] ]I get the following error upon startup (No entry 'Config.cpp/CfgWeapons/M16GrenadeLauncher.displayNameMagazine

No way to encounter such an error with a clean and patched version.

Clean = With no 'extra addons', since the whole configuration is no more the same than the default game.

Regards,

TB

Amazing soviets MGs sound pistols.gif

I agree; I enjoyed FFURSLX far more when all the sounds are in this "style."

This style being that they sound far away whether or not they are up close, this works great in flashpoint for a couple of reasons:

1. Flashpoint has a crappy sound engine, and thus weapons sound the same no matter how far away. This really adds to the combat ambience when real weapon sounds form the battle ambience, not pre-recorded loops.

2. When your squad starts firing and all the sounds are sharp, loud, and up close, it severely detracts from immersion because they quickly become very repetitive and unnatural sounding. By sounding far away, it adds to the ambience instead.

On another note, I seem to remember supersonic whiz and overall way better "getting shot at" sound effects in previous FFURs (loud richochets, etc.) These seem to be missing now, it sounds like old flashpoint - and one of old flashpoint's greatest weaknesses was the lack of this battle ambience in terms of sound.

I am very impressed buy the AI improvements. They seem to be different from previous FFUR/SLX releases. I have been surprised a few times buy enemy flanking manuevers.

But performance is still not good for me, even with a dual core processor and a 8800. It's playable but not very good. I get higher FPS in ArmA.

That is becasue OFP was not built to take advantage of modern hardware (OFP-2001 while ArmA-2006). However CPU's do have an impact on OFP. Missions that lag on my desktop do not lag on my core 2 duo laptop.

Hey,

If you`re looking for a good ironsight for the grease gun, you might want to check out the one from the Falklands Mod. Their is pretty good.

Hello guys,

FFUR right now uses vehicles in NATO 3-color camo, which was not in widespread use in 1985. They should use MERDC or OD, which fit that era better.

Here are some WIP-shots of the Abrams in MERDC. It's a modified BIS Abrams, as I'm too lazy to model it from scratch. Also some parts are missing, textures aren't finished, etc.

Winter MERDC (don't confuse with Winter/Snow MERDC!wink_o.gif:

us_m1a1_6.jpg

us_m1a1_7.jpg

Summer MERDC:

us_m1a1_8.jpg

us_m1a1_9.jpg

Right now those are M1A1s, but I'll make them into the IPM1 and M1 'A0', which have a 105mm gun instead of the 120mm.

Also, I'd guess that FFUR should rather use the Summer MERDC, as this is the same scheme as on BIS' M60.

I cant get any longer in cold war campaign than the training grounds.This seems to be specific to FFUR 85. The truck thats supposed to take me there suddenly stops 250 meters from training, and then i get disembarked, and me and my squad have to run the rest of the way while the truck stays stuck in the forest road.

When im done running over obstacles in training i cant run back to the truck with the rest of my squad, as the level restarts because i left the training grounds on foot. This is where the truck stops, it happens everytime:

flashpointresistance200st1.jpg

Not a big deal though, i can always skip it with -endmission

Also, in the single mission 03 bomberman, the attack starts without my go

Great im playing the RC since 2 weeks now.... there are some minor bugs i found and i forgot to tell you them crazy_o.gif

Lets see if they are still in this "final"

SP Ground Attack II gets me an CTD with "Invalid crew"

sometimes its feels like shooting with HD weapons, rifle bullet impact effects is too much on larger range, fighting in aircraft show some script errors (chaff, flares maybe).

CWC Campaign:

Alert - M113 gets destroyed by RPG to soon - team doesn't have a chance to get out even if viewdistance is about standard 800m.

Well with this words from mr.g-c it's understandable...he himself likes to play first as "tester" icon_rolleyes.gif

Indeed, the major performance hit is due to - SLX AI Modifications -, this is not noticeable with "Dual Core Processors" at all, but olders systems might encounter some troubles.

Here I put a little patch which should make the MOD more enjoyable for "Low systems":

"Dual Core" processors don't need it, though.

-------------------------------------------

Download

-Simply extract the folder '@ffsx85' to your OperationFlashpoint Main folder and overwrite the previous files.

What's new? : - Disabled SLX Features for Infantry Troops, therefore, the performance is much better.

Best Regards,

TB

but using this "mod", what changes in the game? I've OFP GOTY Edition 1024x768, textures 512x512, auto drop down deactived, all effects activated, W-Buffer deactivated, visual distance 1800m, all others settings actived. I've an Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked 2,2ghz (socket 754), an ASUS K8V-X SE, Video Card x1650pro AGP 512mb version overclocked Core 654mhz Mem 486. 1gb RAM ddr400 V-DATA Setted as ddr333 with lowest timings and winxp pro sp2...sometimes the game has a decrease of performance (for example, from 25 fps, to 15\10 for return a second later to 25)...what changes this modification, then?

Look with OFP you will never get excellent FPS because it was designed with 2001 computer hardware and not 2008 hardware.

Mods that feature scripts and effects such as FFUR, SLX etc. will never perform well with large amounts of units on the map. Even regular OFP can only handle so much before it starts to lag.

And that little file TB put up disables infantry features.

EDIT:

Performance tips, check this link and check post by Sanctuary. Very informative.

Link

I also suggest that you search for Spybot Search and Destroy to get rid of any spyware. I just did a few days ago and my computer is running that little bit faster.

When I try and play, it gets to the "Wait a moment" screen and just loicks up there. I really want to play, and Ive even got the less intensive config, but it still doesnt want to work.

@vektorboson

Looking nice! Are you planning to retexture also M2A2, M60, M113 and relase them? It would be great. smile_o.gif

Yes; you'll get even more:

us_chaparall_3.jpg

Hello thunderbird or whoever may be able to answer this;

where are the weapon sounds for the m16 and AK47 located? I attempted de-PBOing both dta/sound/weapons and ffur_sounds/sounds/weapons and replacing all the relevant m16 and ak47, but they did not have an effect on the weapon sounds. The m16 one is still the same.

OK found in Clean Sweep i can walk through buildings. Kinda freaky. Also Ai are very good at 500 meters as well lol

I think the russian crews are screaming at me through the hulls of their tanks huh.gif

If you could fix this one little gripe this whole shin-dig would be purrrfect* !!

*Purrrfect does not include previously mentioned issues. The term purrrfect is subjective and therefore anyone stating claims that the mod may infact be purrrfect are not subject to proving such a claim. Purrrfect not applicable in all states or countries. Some restrictions apply. Check with your local authorities about terms and conditions relating to purrrfect.