Thunderbird

FFUR'85 (2008 edition)

Thunderbird thanks for taking into mind my suggestions and considerations.

1. I think instead of MARCO-PAULO'S AH-64A you could use Franze's AH-64A as I think Franze made the best AH-64 models/series.

2.PT-76 should be PT-76B not PT-76A.

3. resistance should have RPK-47(RPK-AKM)

4. No T-62A fia bear I think a more realistic choice would be the T-62A (no FIA) for res.

5. FGM-77 Dragon for american forces ?(swiss mod) and also AT-4/AT-5 (Russia) and AT-7(dkm) and TOW(BGM-71) WEST

6. LAV-25 for American forces and also a M113A3 and HEMTT variants

7. Resistance need a BTR-60PB

8. BMD-1 and BMP-2(supplied via czechoslovakia , would like to see with skirts and without skirts version (CSLA)) for resistance.

9. Resistance needs an airforce/and helicopters (a mixed park of EAST/WEST tech).

10. Resistance needs a good anti tank capability (AT-3 Sagger and AT-4 Spigot) and ags-17(res,east),mk19(west)

11. M113A1 and type-63/k-63 apc for resistance

12. T-64B/BV , T-72B/T-72B ERA and please dont take out ATGW capability for tanks etc...

13. American anti-material sniper rifles (Barret M82) also replace M21 with M24

14. Ural-4320s to complement Ural-375D

Again sorry for more doublepost.

The ural-4320's(should have all variants included)

BMP-1 (resistance) needs to have actual at-3 sagger mounted above launcher visible.

T-34-85 and similar tanks (like m24 chafee , m41 walker bulldog) for resistance.

M551 Sheridan for american forces.

No T-80 for resistance (best resistance tank would be T-72M/M1 and possibly a T-72A)

Lots of different warsaw pact troops varities

YPR-765/AIFV for dutch/belgian forces.

Challenger 1 and British warrior , british soldiers/weaponry etc...and other british vehicles , AMX-30 for french forces . (I just want to see other NATO forces as well represented other than USA)

AC-130A ,B-1B , B-52G/H , C-130 for NATO/WEST , AN-12 for resistance/east

both M60A1/M60A3 included. (inquisitor and sigma6). TU-22M3 for russia.

LVTP-5 (resistance) and LVTP-7/AAV/AAV-7A1 for West/NATO/USA.

Different rpg varities and selections for EAST/RES (for east including rpg-29) but main russian/resistance rpg would be RPG-7V (with all 4 RPG-7V loadouts , PG-7V, PG-7VR, PG-7VL , TBG-7V etc...)

Russia/Resistance should have SAM's like sa-13, sa-8 , sa-9.

PKM,PKMS(res/west)

Different American forces like USMC , 101st airborne , rangers etc....

Makarov PM and Stechkin APS for resistance/east officers. (APB APS with silencer for spetsnaz/special forces).

Different resistance forces like special forces , airborne , marines etc...

Ability to mount/dismount weapon sights like PSO-1 , aimpoint etc... and of course weapon sights for weaponry (like PSO-1 for ak-74m , svd dragunov, ak-74 etc....). Also variety of weaponry like AKSM , AKS-47 etc... (but albeit with ironsights default probably but also ability to mount/dismount weapon sights for them)

Ability to fold and unfold bullstocks (for like aks-74 etc...)

Different russian units (vdv , marines , motorized infantry etc....) and of course include for the elite firces ak-74m and variants (such as rpk-74m , aks-74m) etc...

SPG-9 for russian/east/warsaw pact forces and also the resistance BMD-1 should have visible AT-3 sagger mounted on the launcher.

OT-62/OT-64's and BTR-50PK for resistance and also MT-LB's (w/ variants) for resistance and for East/Russia/Warsaw pact.

Once again I thank you Thunderbird for taking the time to read and listen to my considerations/suggestions.

I love it! As always, great work! However, is it possible to make grass optional again? It really kills my framerate, especially on that first campaign mission.

Great mod, but I'm having a problem where the black ops soldiers' model is messed up. I'm not entirely sure how to explain it, but their arms stretch out at angles to the body, which is thinned down to the point of being nonexistent. I'm running the beta 40k mod and the ww2 collection pack in addition, so it might be one of those two.

Universal:

Thanks for the efforts spent in carrying out such long lists of suggestions but a part of propositions can't be taken into account since there are no existing models of the concerned gear.

Therefore, please could you post a link of every addon, or at least, systematically state whether the model exists or not and whether it fits with the rest of models.

I'm sure that would be more helpful. ;]

Quote[/b] ]Errors only in cooperative missions, in langame. :-( fix please.

Please, could you post the 'error messages' you encountred in order to make it easy to directly reach the source of the bug.

Thank you.

Quote[/b] ] However, is it possible to make grass optional again? It really kills my framerate, especially on that first campaign mission.

Sure.

Regards,

TB

We have found pattern of this error: error appears when only AI is involved, and when it operates independently. If AI is under your command this error will not showed. And if you commander, when you'll died, the AI will play further itself this error will not showed.

Error message I shall write later, now there is nobody to play. But the message standard - Windows error, that *.exe file has corrupted... and bla bla...

White things are appearing in Everon, Malden and Kolgujev

it's almost impossible to play ...

Quote[/b] ]Installation:

- Run the installer, follow the instructions and everything will be done as envisaged.

- When you run the launcher, you will have the choice between [Direct 3D and Direct 3D HWTL], better choose the second option. (If you would encounter weird white textures in game then delete @ffur85/dta/Data folder and take out Data3d.pbo and Data.pbo files and choose the other option).

Quote[/b] ]Error message I shall write later, now there is nobody to play. But the message standard - Windows error, that *.exe file has corrupted... and bla bla...

Thanks for providing further details.

Regards,

TB

1. When i launch the game, there ain't no such option (Direct 3D and Direct 3D HWTL)

2.@ffur85/dta/Data folder Doesn't exist

Hello,

with a clean install OFP GOTY 1.96 and only your great FFUR'85,

after the cinematic of the single mission "Ground Attack2",

OFP crashs and i have got this pop up :

a878f58ebd31d33e7a72b1c9b45b7.jpg

No problem with the another missions.

Thanks a lot for this mod. smile_o.gif

I beg your pardon for my poor english.

Have a nice day.

@thunderbird: the addons that I have listed systematically exist. But the rpk would be called the RPK and not rpk-47 because the RPK denounces a lmg version of AKM. If you would like to specifically know which addon exists and a link to it I can provide that asap.

If you don't mind I am posting the list of what I think the resistance airforce should be composed of:

Mig-15 (CSLA ?),Mirage F.1,Mig-17,Mig-19,Mig-21 (fighters)

Su-25K , SU-22 , Hawker Hunter , SEPECAT Jaguar(optional) (attack)

Mi-2,Mi-17 , Mi-24D ,UH-60, UH-1(N?) (helicopters)

IL-28 , Canberra (bombers)

AN-12 , LET L-410 (transport)

While in addition the resistance tank park needs to be more mixed. Type 62 Light Tank (PLA1979) , Type 63 amphib tank (PLA1979). Light air defence for res should be ZU-23(russia too) and ZPU-4. While tank for res should also be M60A1 and M48(VTE). In addition type-59/69(rhs t-55 pack) , centurion mbt for res.

Thunderbird, in one of the earlier versions of the mod, you had a re-skinned version of Afrographx's Chinook. What happened to it?

here is some more suggestions if you dont mind. Hopefully this will be the last majority of suggestions.

1. F-111 (west)

2. AV-8B (west)

3. AN-124 , AN-12 (east)

4. Mi-26 (east)

5. BRDM-2 and BRDM-2 anti tank (at-3/at-5) (to counter M901)

6. BRDM-1 (resistance)

7. Rapier (swiss mod , falkands mod 1982) (west)

8. F-117A (west)

9. OH-6 (west)

10. ZSU-57-2 and ZSU-23-4M (for resistance as well)

11. OV-10 Bronco (west)

12. 2S6 Tunguska (need to remove 2 rocket tubes each side for 2S6 making 4 rocket launch tubes)

13. GAZ-66 (w variants) for EAST/RES.

14. OH-58D (west).

Thats all I can think off to suggest for FFUR'85 hope you dont mind Thunderbird.

Thunderbird, in one of the earlier versions of the mod, you had a re-skinned version of Afrographx's Chinook. What happened to it?

I asked about this in the FFUR 2007 thread. The chinook had some bugs about troops refusing to exit or something along those lines.

@Universal

Is it really necessary for all those additions? I understand adding a few as bonus but the mod is after all Flash Fx Unit Replacement. But it's up to Thunderbrid84.

@snafu: I thank you for the concerns but I seek to suggest and improve realism in mods and that is my only goal to make the mod enjoyable for everyone while at the same time approaching reality as much as possible.

14. OH-58D (west).

Thats all I can think off to suggest for FFUR'85 hope you dont mind Thunderbird.

There is an OH-58D in the mod... Perhaps you should try playing the mod before posting pages of endless spam?

@snafu:

I actually remember reading that, thanks for reminding me biggrin_o.gif I downloaded an old version of the mod and found that the model was very buggy indeed, once you ejected from it, you didnt get a parachute...

... other addons to consider

NATO:

Aircraft: UH-1N

CH-53 series (SEF)

Ground Satic Weaponry:

M220 Tow (DKM)

USSR/CCCP:

Aircraft: Mi-8 and Mi-17 (multiple variants)

Static Weaponry

NSV 12.7mm machinegun (orcs)

Defending Forces of Nogova:

Ground: BRDM-2

BRDM-2 with AT-3 Sagger

Type-69 and Type-59 with/and without skirts (rhs t-55 and pla1979)

Aircraft: Nanchang A-5 Fantan (PLA 3.1)

Aerospatiale series helicopters

Su-24MK (export SU-24M)

Mig-25 foxbat

Mig-23

Mi-17/8 (with variants)

Dassault Super Etenard (optional)

@ch123:pages not spam , wont have acess to desktop comp for a while.

Note: there shouldnt be just one version of a vehicle/aircraft etc... if there is multiple included in an addon etc... then it should be implemented (like multiple mi-17 and mi-8 variants (ex mi-8mt , mi-8mtv etc...) also resistance aircraft should also have chinese designation added like mig-21 / f-7 etc...

@snafu: I thank you for the concerns but I seek to suggest and improve realism in mods and that is my only goal to make the mod enjoyable for everyone while at the same time approaching reality as much as possible.

You are a part of the mod?

It's just that it defeats the purpose of the mod which is Flash Fx Unit Replacement

And that it's a lot of work for TB.

Well I also happen to see it from this view: it is an advantage of having more 3rd party addons incorporated in mods and that is that it reduces the chances of conflicts , bugs and unexpected errors if the 3rd party addons werent incorporated in the mod and reducing the chances for magic or model-special errors as well.

Actually the above addons suggestions/requests are what I felt needed to be said and I dont think in such a large quantity will i continue to post them. But what I can recommend is a DC-3 / C-47 skytrain (vte , mapfact) for resistance transport aircraft.

Universal you can always add these unit in to supplement what TB and others have given us - most of the mods are compatible with FFUR & MCM (Tonal Redux, VME PLA & 1979, as well as VTE, etc.) Some of the mods such as CSLA & FDF are not but most are - this allows you to create your own OFP experience. FFUR 1985 is a very polished piece of work - but it is already a HUGE download - adding all these other units might break the bank.

Cheers,

S. Chapman

IIRC - CSLA team came out with a patch to make their addons compatible with other mods - I also remember something about moving the CSLA addons into the Res/addons folder and not having any problems with it. (Wishing the FDF mod was that easy.....sigh)

Quote[/b] ]Universal you can always add these unit in to supplement what TB and others have given us - most of the mods are compatible with FFUR & MCM (Tonal Redux, VME PLA & 1979, as well as VTE, etc.)

FFUR-SLX 2.0/2.5 is not fully compatible with VME PLA 3.1 or ANGER/PLA-1979. Certain units are not visible in the mission editor etc...

Btw chapman kickass specs hows it feel to game OFP , ARMA ? any problems , any lag etc... ?

Thunderbird also I do not like the idea of a single artillery call limit or just limiting the radio just to artillery , why not have air support and others... Btw BLU-82 Daisy Buster from VTE is really nice might want to implement it on a c-130 modified wink_o.gif

Also the other benefit of adding other 3rd party addons is that you wont need to spend time downloading them as you can just obtain them from this mod (i am not saying implement a whole mod in a mod because then people would not download that mod and only this) but like thunderbird said it is a great bonus. I don't mind downloading a mod that exceeds a gigabyte or even more as long as suggestions etc... are considered and every attention to realism is paid. The final decision is up to Thunderbird and I respect him no matter what happens.

yeah I am running OFP full tilt at a resolution of 1900x1600 (something like that - highest setting) with no issues - I have ARMA but I don't play it - can't teach an old dog new tricks - sticking with OFP.

The VME issue might be why I don't see the RR in my editor - I thought all the units were compatible - I have 1979 w/o patch so that also might be an issue.

I think the resistance (FIA) forces should be low-key - with minimal aerial support - similar to kurdish rebels/KLA Resistance fighters in Kosovo - a ragtag bunch of equipment & arms - nothing fancy and nothing up-to-date (ex : RPG-29 & T-72 with ERA) Most resistance groups have trouble finding the logistics to service their small arms and heavier support weapons (mortars, RR, ATGM, etc.) and are primarily a light infantry force.

TB has done an excellent job in selecting addons for FFUR 1985 - I personnally don't see any need to change the order-of-battle of the resistance.

Cheers,

Chapman

Hi,

Universal:

Thanks for providing such a long list of suggestions, I do really appreciate the efforts spent in making it but a major part of the suggested elements can't be done due to the lack of time, as I'm getting the slight impression you understimate the necessary time to:

- Study an "Addon" before implementing it = [Make sure it fits with the theme and fits with the rest of Models]

- Make sure it is ODOL, or carry out some minor changes if it is a MLOD [Check out some necessary selections in order to make sure the model works fine]

- Convert the .p3d textures paths.

- Establish the addon's cfg within FFUR main config and carry out a huge amount of adjustments.

- Get over the annoying bugs that usually pop up.

Imagine that for every included addon.

My decision is simple:

- Excluding what has been stated in my last post, I will randomly choose some models since the main focus goes to bugs hunting.

Regards,

TB