Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact releases DAC 2.0 for ArmA

@Silola

Sorry, problem was on my end with bad target-paths in shortcuts.

I've checked about half the demo's and all I can say is if school have been that half that enjoyable, I would have majored in War Mongering. Instructions are thorough if not mind-bogglingly intricate. As I can retain no more information, I'm off for a little lite reading with Hawking.

@Silola

I track your work since your early days for OFP and I was already with your missions you made for mapfact years ago.

But after I have seen the tutorial mission about DAC 2.0 I must say: heavy hammer tool!

Silola, chapeau, monsieur!

Now with this tool we will see fully dynamic missions! I'm really in love with it!

So in other words this exceeds the ups script from Kronzky by far. Do I understand right that the generated groups will call each other for help like in Group Link 2 and 3?

EDIT: BTW Did anybody already generate a playable mission with DAC 2.0?

Indeed i have a great MP mission coming soon, ive had my clan testing it for weeks.. just need the ending made. tounge2.gif

Hi,

THX again !!

@Kroky:

----------

Quote[/b] ]I track your work since your early days for OFP and I was already with your missions you made for mapfact years ago.

Really? Oh God, my first and only mission which I have done.

But it was the basis for the later DAC wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]So in other words this exceeds the ups script from Kronzky by far. Do I understand right that the generated groups will call each other for help like in Group Link 2 and 3?

With certainty! If you go back a little, you find a small explanation of me on this subject.

Quote[/b] ]EDIT: BTW Did anybody already generate a playable mission with DAC 2.0?

I think that there are already DAC missions. But unfortunately, these are not published.

Greeting

Silola

DAC is very distracting while using the editor and checking everything out, there are many possibilities and the a.i. becomes very, very good, i still cant believe how great DAC is biggrin_o.gif .

I have a few questions/doubts though:

Imagine i want to spawn one DAC zone at a time (zone2 only spawns after zone1 is disabled).

[*]Would you recomend the use of the reduce/restore group feature? Wont this feature increase data transfer betwean the server and all clients?

[*]Does the activation and deactivation of DAC zones broadcast correctly to JIP clients?

[*]Based on MP tests and experiences how many units/groups/WP's should we create per zone/trigger? (Recomendations).

[*]Can we prevent the units from chasing the enemy out of the DAC zones/triggers? (to keep combat inside the zone) smile_o.gif .

Hi Heatseeker,

please excuse my late answer, but I am very busy at the moment confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]# Would you recomend the use of the reduce/restore group feature? Wont this feature increase data transfer betwean the server and all clients?

Reducing of units, I would basically activate, independent of deactivate or activate from zones.

The more groups can be reduced, less data must be transfered to all clients.

Quote[/b] ]# Does the activation and deactivation of DAC zones broadcast correctly to JIP clients?

The activation of DAC zones is no problem for JIP clients. All relevant script run exclusively on the server.

The generated units are automatically updated on all clients.

Quote[/b] ]# Based on MP tests and experiences how many units/groups/WP's should we create per zone/trigger? (Recomendations).

There is no exact recommendation for it. It is natural depending on the number of the zones all together

and from the capacities of the server. It is worth the same condition like to a normal mission.

Many units cause a lot of data amount. Few units cause little data amount.

Quote[/b] ]# Can we prevent the units from chasing the enemy out of the DAC zones/triggers? (to keep combat inside the zone)

Can you specify your question a little bit more?

Many thanks and bye

Silola

DAC2 is really good. put lot of great fun in editing missions.

would you be considering to add suppressive fire effect in it? Sorta like Second's great script?

Hi, thanks for answering, i'll try to be more specific.

Imagine i activate a large DAC zone with infantry, armour and cars, the DAC generates the waypoints and the units on the server and then broadcasts the data to all clients, if there are many units generated and players on a server it might cause some lag.

Alternatively i can use two DAC zones in the same place with a small delay betwean activations, this means the zones would be activated with a 10/20 second interval (or more) wich should be easier for the server to handle wink_o.gif .

What i asked for was a recomended number of units created per DAC zone/trigger (based on MP tests) for optimal netcode performance.

(x <span style='color:blue'>infantry</span>, x <span style='color:orange'>wheeled vehicles</span>, x <span style='color:red'>tracked armour</span>).

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ] Can we prevent the units from chasing the enemy out of the DAC zones/triggers? (to keep combat inside the zone)

Can you specify your question a little bit more?

Ofcourse... when the DAC generated units engage they might chase the enemy out of the DAC trigger and so do the reinforcements, i was asking if its possible to make them stay inside the DAC trigger/zone (if the players leave the zone the a.i. disengages and falls back to their routines).

edit:

Its not possible to add an entry to the DAC_Config_Units where a small squad is led by an EOfficer?

I read the documentation and DAC reserves the first three entries (crew, pilot, squad leader) so i cant add a small squad led by a EOfficer?

It would be nice if we could choose betwean squad leader, team leader and officer but im not complaining smile_o.gif .

Good day, First of all, I'd like to thank the creators and every one who helped with this addon.

Let me explain the mission I have in mind:

3 sides, Opfor, Blufor and Racs.

The mission is simple capture the city's from the Racs gaurding them and defeat the enemy.(CTI MP hopefully if the mission load is not that great.)

Now let's take Paraiso city, One zone with 4 Sector's inside. the zone is activated with Racs by default. But once a side has eleminated the Racs force and have all sectors at 100% I'd like the Zone to Deactivate and Activate as the side that has all the Zones.

So the defending force do not respawn and only once they have been defeated will the zone deactivate and once the sector's are all at 100% will the zone reactivate with the relavant side that holds the Sectors.

Than on to a simple query: Help with the DAC sector scripts?

I looked at the example mission Sector fight and tried to mimic the Triggers for the sectors altho they don't work. In the example mission the init file send's the triggers to the Sector script. I have my sectors there but they don't show up in game. Also in the example mission the side that has 6 Sectors wins, are there other logic that can be aplied to them ie. Sector_count?.

Thanks,

Funk.

Been programming with DAC now for weeks, ran across some final challenges, seems the following line will not just display Guer Unit Markers Only, it displays OPFOR and Vehicles.

_setShowUnit = [0,0,1,0];

I have tired all combinations. I can't seem to display only Guer Units???

Vengeance

Hmm, one question, does the AI react accordingly to the threat it recieves? As in, if infantry encounters a tank, will it call tanks for support or will it just say support and anything will come by?

Hmm, one question, does the AI react accordingly to the threat it recieves? As in, if infantry encounters a tank, will it call tanks for support or will it just say support and anything will come by?

I believe they will call support from the nearest squad first, regardless of the type (but im not 100% positive).

Im having very good results with the building search feature, making it so that only 2 units enter the building.

The way DAC enhances the a.i. is great, it would be near impossible to achieve this with trigs and waypoints and the configuration is very straight forward and user friendly.

I inlove.gif DAC!

Hello smile_o.gif

@Heatseeker:

----------------

Quote[/b] ]Imagine i activate a large DAC zone with infantry, armour and cars, the DAC generates the waypoints and the units on the server and then

broadcasts the data to all clients, if there are many units generated and players on a server it might cause some lag.

If you use a big zone, you should generate predominantly infantry, so that the large part of the groups can be reduced.

It does sense to generate additional DAC camps which lie something beyond the mission area.

These camps can supply the big zone with new units. Observe the data amount with the server command "Monitor".

Thus you can find out fast whether the data parcels are satisfactory.

Example_1: One master zone and 3 camp zones around the masterzone:

test1ur3.jpg

Example_2: If you admit, for example, 4 different start positions in your mission, only the zones which are needed are activated.

In each case the camp Zone on the side of the start position remains deactivated:

(For this example all zones must be deactivated at the beginning.)

test2fm0.jpg

Quote[/b] ]#Alternatively i can use two DAC zones in the same place with a small delay betwean activations, this means the zones would be activated

with a 10/20 second interval (or more) wich should be easier for the server to handle wink_o.gif .

What i asked for was a recomended number of units created per DAC zone/trigger (based on MP tests) for optimal netcode performance.

(x infantry, x wheeled vehicles, x tracked armour).

I cannot say to you, whether it is better to split the zones. You must test this by yourself.

Basically you should begin with less groups, and if still capacities are free, you can raise the number of the groups.

Quote[/b] ]#Ofcourse... when the DAC generated units engage they might chase the enemy out of the DAC trigger and so do the reinforcements,

i was asking if its possible to make them stay inside the DAC trigger/zone (if the players leave the zone the a.i. disengages and falls back to their routines).

You can only prevent that groups of a certain zone, to other zones perform no support.

Then these groups will support only groups within her own zone (readme page 27 / parametre = _setSupport).

Quote[/b] ]#Its not possible to add an entry to the DAC_Config_Units where a small squad is led by an EOfficer?

I read the documentation and DAC reserves the first three entries (crew, pilot, squad leader) so i cant add a small squad led by a EOfficer?

It would be nice if we could choose betwean squad leader, team leader and officer but im not complaining

sorry, not possible sad_o.gif

@vengeance1:

------------------

Quote[/b] ]Been programming with DAC now for weeks, ran across some final challenges, seems the following line will not just display Guer Unit Markers Only, it displays OPFOR and Vehicles.

sorry, I thought, I would have checked this variation. OK, I will check it once more.

@MehMan:

--------------

Quote[/b] ]Hmm, one question, does the AI react accordingly to the threat it recieves? As in, if infantry encounters a tank, will it call tanks for support or will it just say support and anything will come by?

It is right what Heatseeker says, the groups are selected by distance. There is not a precise specification. May be in the next version.

Greeting

Silola

Is it possible to remove empty vehicles from the battlefield just like dead bodies? I looked trough the readme but i couldnt find anything about it, currently my mission starts to run slowly after a while and i suspect that is because of the dozens of empty vehicles. smile_o.gif

Is it possible to remove empty vehicles from the battlefield just like dead bodies? I looked trough the readme but i couldnt find anything about it, currently my mission starts to run slowly after a while and i suspect that is because of the dozens of empty vehicles. smile_o.gif

I thought empty vehicles DO get culled? In fact I had to disable it to stop it happening?

I guess it's more noticeable for me, DMSmokeEffects would often be smoking away on empty areas.

Hi,

in the script "DAC_Config_Creator" you can influence the deleting of units and vehicles: DAC_Delete_Value = [120.50].

The first value determines the least duration, the second value determines the least distance for all players units.

See also readme page 21 smile_o.gif

Silola

Finally took the time to start implementing this into my missions.

After reading the readme and watching all the tutorials, bravo!

Thank you for a powerful/useful work with excellent tutorials/readme!

notworthy.gif

Hi,

in the script "DAC_Config_Creator" you can influence the deleting of units and vehicles: DAC_Delete_Value = [120.50].

The first value determines the least duration, the second value determines the least distance for all players units.

See also readme page 21 smile_o.gif

Silola

Thanks but i was refering to empty vehicles, not dead ones. Ive seen dozens of vehicles pile up because the squads they belonged to were destroyed but their transport usually survives.

EDIT: Or maybe im crazy and empty vehicles do get deleted? huh.gif

^^

You could make an individual test with only 1 BMP, fire one AT4 at it so that the crew bails, kill the crew and see if the BMP deletes.

I need to add some more buildings to DAC_BadBuildings

config entry. It is strange to see my guys clearing out a bus stop biggrin_o.gif . I also found them acting weird in the repair building but i just found a building reference list with the classnames smile_o.gif .

These are bad buildings:

"Land_repair_center" - Repair building.

"Land_zastavka_jih" - Small bus stop.

"Land_zastavka_sever" - Large bus stop.

The bus stops might be ok for small groups.

I have one more question (for now wink_o.gif ).

The first time i start the game, load my mission, click preview in the editor and DAC generates units i have this small stutter, afterwards i can restart and it doesnt happen anymore.

I think this is caused because DAC generates units (models) that dont exist at mission start (in the SQM).

Do you think that placing dummy units somewhere would stop this initial stutter?

Im going to run some tests and find out later this evening smile_o.gif .

Excellent work on DAC, it inspired me to my first editing attempt since OFP days smile_o.gif

I'm still learning the ropes, but i've encountered one big problem with camps.

I'm on the La Samula island and trying to create even a null (type 11) camp. Using the trigger zone works fine to create DAC groups, but with camps it always fails with the message: area is "not suitable" for a camp.

The zones im using are very small (island limitation), so I understand the issue for camps with objects etc, but can you suggest a workaround for a null camp that only allows respawns?

Many thanks!

Hi trooper_ryan,

You have two possibilities to solve the problem.

1. You manipulate the values with which the waypoints are generated.

Look at the file "DAC\Configs\DAC_Config_Waypoints" ( case 0: )

Change the values for #Camp. Try to use the same values like with #Sol.

2. You use user-defined waypoints.

Place a logic within the camp zone. Give to the logic a waypoint.

The waypoint determines the camp position. Also this waypoint must be within the zone.

Now you write in the init line of the logic the following: this setdir 5

(see also readme page 11).

A lot of luck with your mission smile_o.gif

Greeting

Silola

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]Its not possible to add an entry to the DAC_Config_Units where a small squad is led by an EOfficer?

It would be nice if we could choose betwean squad leader, team leader and officer but im not complaining

sorry, not possible

I might be reading this out of context, but from what I read here, there is no problem right?

create a new unit config with the crew, pilot, and squad or teamleader, plus the other units you wish in that group.

Then instead of using the initialization lines of DAC within the OnActivations of the triggers, use a script that runs the zone configs. In this script you can make a random factor so that it either takes the normal unit config, or the alternate unit config you added (smaller group, squadleader, etc).

As DAC only uses the Pilots and or Crew inside vehicles, it doesnt matter for infantry squads. Besides, if you want the pilot or crew to be an officer or whatever, you can choose that aswell of course.

Hi smile_o.gif

@FunkDooBeasT:

-----------------

Quote[/b] ]Than on to a simple query: Help with the DAC sector scripts?

I looked at the example mission Sector fight and tried to mimic the Triggers for the sectors altho they don't work. In the example mission the init file send's the triggers to the Sector script. I have my sectors there but they don't show up in game. Also in the example mission the side that has 6 Sectors wins, are there other logic that can be aplied to them ie. Sector_count?.

Example:

Place 3 triggers on the map and give to these triggers a name.

The setting of the triggers take over please from the demo.

Now these triggers must be initialized (inside the init.sqf):

[[name,xSize,ySize],[name,xSize,ySize],[name,xSize,ySize]] execVM "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Sector.sqf";

From this script call an Array is provided that stores the states of the sectors:

DAC_Sectors = [0,0,0] (If you have 3 sectors) or

DAC_Sectors = [0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0] (If you have 8 sectors)

You can question on the state of a sector any time. Every state corresponds to a number:

0 = no unit within the sector.

1 = friendly units in the majority.

2 = enemy units in the majority.

3 = friendly units have taken the sector (full).

4 = enemy units have taken the sector (full).

Examples of state queries:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

if(({_x == 3} count DAC_Sectors) == count DAC_Sectors) then {hint "All sectors taken by friendly units"};

if(({_x == 4} count DAC_Sectors) == 4) then {hint "4 sectors taken by enemy units"};

if(({(_x == 1) || (_x == 3)} count DAC_Sectors) > 0) then {hint format["%1 sectors under control by friendly units",({(_x == 1) || (_x == 3)} count DAC_Sectors)]};

sec1oj2.jpg

sec2qi8.jpg

I hope, this small explanation helps you.

Greeting

Silola

Silola, I think there may be JIP problems with your dynamic weather script - we were fighting in heavy fog, while the guy who joined after we had started could enjoy the sun wink_o.gif