Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact releases DAC 2.0 for ArmA

I just read that the spawn points are there to avoid reloading sounds when units are recreated after a group was reduced.

I assume you remove mags and weapons after respawn and then give the correct amount? If you give first the mags and then the weapons they are already loaded by the game engine.

Edit: as I just tested, empty (not destroyed) vehicles stay also empty camps (if guard are killed), also when the area is deactivated and activated again (creating new camp and units)

QuietMan

Hi Silola,

Is there a way to disable AI patrolling from wheeled vehicles?

In a small zone during a firefight I often see them disembark to patrol and not use vehicle's guns to good effect.

I've tried _setPatrol = ["0","0"]; but this didnt seem to work.

Thanks!

Hi Silola,

Is there a way to disable AI patrolling from wheeled vehicles?

In a small zone during a firefight I often see them disembark to patrol and not use vehicle's guns to good effect.

I've tried _setPatrol = ["0","0"]; but this didnt seem to work.

Thanks!

I would accomplish this by creating a new unit config, putting rifleman in the crew position, and putting the cars with guns on top as tanks instead of cars.
Quote[/b] ]Silola, I think there may be JIP problems with your dynamic weather script - we were fighting in heavy fog, while the guy who joined after we had started could enjoy the sun wink_o.gif
We experienced this aswell but tracked it mostly back to how and when the DAC scripts were initialized. Do you deviate from standard initialization or everything followed by the book?

Quote[/b] ]Silola, I think there may be JIP problems with your dynamic weather script - we were fighting in heavy fog, while the guy who joined after we had started could enjoy the sun wink_o.gif
We experienced this aswell but tracked it mostly back to how and when the DAC scripts were initialized. Do you deviate from standard initialization or everything followed by the book?

If the book are the example missions, then mostly wink_o.gif

ExecVM'ed from init.sqf after the revive script (ai disabled) has run.

I suppose you recommend me to call it?

After more careful inspection, the line in DAC_Config_Creater.sqf seems to be the problem: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">DAC_Basic_Value = 0;

Change to:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if (isNil "DAC_Basic_Value") then { DAC_Basic_Value = 0 };Seems to have fixed our issues.

(While jipping, it might've been possible that DAC_Basic_Value was already set at server and sent to the joining player. While the Config_Creater script ran later and DAC_Basic_Value was defaulted back to 0.

Example:

http://trac.6thsense.eu/arma/changeset/34

Hi guys Been testing DAC i love it.

I am testing a mission that should be released in next few days.

Its a simple mission but uses Dac to the full without addons so can be run on a standard server.

It is currently been tested on the SES server 109 beta (http://www.suicidesquad.co.uk)

Mission name is RSS_VIPTRANSPORT_V1d (uploading tonight).

yay.gifyay.gif

Thank you Silola,

If I understand you correctly it's not possible to make RACS enamy to all and have them as the 3 Group that can capture Sectors.

IE. East vs RACS - Attacking from north defeating RACS to take there city's.

West vs RACS - Attacking from south defeating RACS to take there city's.

East vs West - Once the Racs are out of the way the battle wil be between these two.

From what I can see there is only 3 states Friendly, Enemy and Empty where I would need 4 namely: Friendly, Enemy, Empty and RACS.

:'(

fair play, this is just fantastic.

How the heck did you even start to get your head around all of this stuff. wow_o.gifnotworthy.gif

@vengeance1:

------------------

Quote[/b] ]Been programming with DAC now for weeks, ran across some final challenges, seems the following line will not just display Guer Unit Markers Only, it displays OPFOR and Vehicles.

sorry, I thought, I would have checked this variation. OK, I will check it once more.

Hi Silola,

Any progress on this error? Can't seem to make these markers work correctly? I sent you an email with somemore details hope you recieved it? smile_o.gif

Thanks

hi vengeance1,

please try this:

small change in script: DAC\Marker\DAC_Init_Marker.sqf

line 22:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_MSides = ["East","West","Resistance","Civilian"];_MUSide = [];

change to:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_MSides = ["EAST","WEST","GUER","CIVILIAN"];_MUSide = [];

sorry confused_o.gif

silola

hi vengeance1,

please try this:

small change in script: DAC\Marker\DAC_Init_Marker.sqf

line 22:

_MSides  = ["East","West","Resistance","Civilian"];_MUSide = [];

change to:

_MSides  = ["EAST","WEST","GUER","CIVILIAN"];_MUSide = [];

sorry  confused_o.gif

silola

Hi Silola,

Didn't make a difference sorry! confused_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

After more careful inspection, the line in DAC_Config_Creater.sqf seems to be the problem: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">DAC_Basic_Value = 0;

Change to:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if (isNil "DAC_Basic_Value") then { DAC_Basic_Value = 0 };Seems to have fixed our issues.

(While jipping, it might've been possible that DAC_Basic_Value was already set at server and sent to the joining player. While the Config_Creater script ran later and DAC_Basic_Value was defaulted back to 0.

Example:

http://trac.6thsense.eu/arma/changeset/34

Tested tonight, and it seems to work smile_o.gif

Having a more serious problem though Silola:

DAC init works well the first time, but after restarting the mission (escape >> retry or return to mp lobby and reselect mission) waypoint generation of camp zones fails - if it fails, then I have to recreate my hosted game, and even that isn't always enough.

Edit: This is only a problem in MP - in SP I can restart without problems. I've also only tested this with hosted games, not on a dedicated server. Finally, this is on one of my WIP missions, and does not apply to the other DAC mission I'm tinkering with.

Silola we are trying to run a DAC 2 mission on a dedicated server and the mission is unable to load. Not sure what we are doing wrong.

The mission is a port of most of the scripts/code from Example 12 provided.  It has been ported to Sarahni.  

<u>

The mission can be played as a client hosted MP mission</u>

Does a DAC 2 mission not using the island south sarahni  require Map_Misc.pbo??

Having a lot of fun with this. Any help appreciated smile_o.gif

Hi Silola,

Not sure if this is related to my earlier post but I got this error last night during testing in file DAC_UnitMarker.sqf

case 3: {

_s = _side find format["%1",side ((crew _unit) select 0)];

_ma setMarkerColorlocal (_color select _s);

_mtyp = 2;_wait = 0;

};

Default {};

Error Zero divisor

I was approaching Mission End and all Zones were DeActivated at the time.

Closed ARMA Server with Windows Report Error Dialog

Vengeance

Ive read the manual many times over but i cant seem to figure out how to get the AI to follow ONLY user made waypoints...it seem my user waypoints get pooled with the DAC generated ones.

Ive got the logic and associated waypoints on the map, but does anyone know if i need to put something special in the call array so that they will NOT follow generated waypoints, or even how to have DAC stop generating waypoints and only follow my user waypoints?

Also...is it possible to ever drag the waypoints out of the zone and still have them followed?...i have a small zone so they spawn exactly where i want them to, but then id like to have them follow waypoints that lead away from the zone...if thats possible because i want them to attack an area thats hundreds of meters away from where they spawn.

Thanks

Ive read the manual many times over but i cant seem to figure out how to get the AI to follow ONLY user made waypoints...it seem my user waypoints get pooled with the DAC generated ones.

Ive got the logic and associated waypoints on the map, but does anyone know if i need to put something special in the call array so that they will NOT follow generated waypoints, or even how to have DAC stop generating waypoints and only follow my user waypoints?

You must specify exactly the amount of waypoints you have manually placed in the zone initialisation code, so for example if you've placed 8 manual waypoints and want to use ONLY those manual waypoints, your array for the units should look like this:

[5,2,8,8]

So 8 waypoints are made, but DAC takes the first 8 from the list of manual waypoints, so in effect you're specifying manual waypoints ONLY.

Also...is it possible to ever drag the waypoints out of the zone and still have them followed?...i have a small zone so they spawn exactly where i want them to, but then id like to have them follow waypoints that lead away from the zone...if thats possible because i want them to attack an area thats hundreds of meters away from where they spawn.

Thanks

Nope all waypoints must be within the zone unfortunately. The best advice I can give is to use multiple zones (other zones being waypoint only zones), and activate them when you need them.

The DAC_AISpeak feature isnt working for me, i hear the sound file just after my zone is activated but not when its meant to play.

I tried by waypoint reach and enemy detected methods using diferent SLA infantry squads and with diferent DAC zones too.

The sound file works, i tested it inside the mission with a civilian and a waypoint.

Help help smile_o.gif .

edit:

Can anyone test and confirm this?

edit: Sorry, it was my mistake banghead.gif .

thanks very much, DM...for the info...sounds like a good idea (waypoint only zone)...didnt realize the script would allow that!

Hello,

@vengeance1 :

-----------------

Quote[/b] ]Hi Silola,

Didn't make a difference sorry!

I have really tested the change. For me it runs like it should be.

Please, check your marker settings over again.

unbenanntgt3.jpg

This picture shows that the units on side GUER are not indicated any more,

after I have done the change. Only the waypoint marker are visible.

Quote[/b] ]Hi Silola,

Not sure if this is related to my earlier post but I got this error last night during testing in file DAC_UnitMarker.sqf

case 3: {

_ma setMarkerColorlocal (_color select _s);

_mtyp = 2;_wait = 0;

};

Default {};

Error Zero divisor

I think that there an additional check is necessary:

if(_s >= 0) then {_ma setMarkerColorlocal (_color select _s)} else {_ma setMarkerColorlocal "ColorWhite"};

_mtyp = 2;_wait = 0;

@HulkingUnicorn:

------------------

Quote[/b] ]Having a more serious problem though Silola:

DAC init works well the first time, but after restarting the mission (escape >> retry or return to mp lobby and reselect mission) waypoint generation of camp zones fails - if it fails, then I have to recreate my hosted game, and even that isn't always enough.

Edit: This is only a problem in MP - in SP I can restart without problems. I've also only tested this with hosted games, not on a dedicated server. Finally, this is on one of my WIP missions, and does not apply to the other DAC mission I'm tinkering with.

We have not had such a problem yet. Perhaps, another component in the mission is responsible for the problems.

We have never properly tested a non dedi server game. I cannot guarantee that the DAC is fully functional under these circumstances. sorry.

Quote[/b] ]Silola, I think there may be JIP problems with your dynamic weather script - we were fighting in heavy fog, while the guy who joined after we had started could enjoy the sun

That's true m8. that script is not working correct with JIP...sorry.

@mazza:

---------

Quote[/b] ]Silola we are trying to run a DAC 2 mission on a dedicated server and the mission is unable to load. Not sure what we are doing wrong.

The mission is a port of most of the scripts/code from Example 12 provided. It has been ported to Sarahni.

The mission can be played as a client hosted MP mission

Does a DAC 2 mission not using the island south sarahni require Map_Misc.pbo??

The demo missions purposes are not conceived for MP games.

Therefore, it is better to form own mission entirely anew.

Please, also thinks that non-dedicated-server-games are not tested. Problems can appear.

Why it does not run with you, I cannot judge.

We have not had such problems till this day yet. Perhaps, you must send to me the mission, so that I can test them.

Because of the required Addons, I had written the following:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">It is no problem to let run DAC without any Addons.

Then, however, you must prevent the following things:

- If you use the DAC markers, the parameter "_setSizeWpLine = [0,0];" has to be placed in the DAC_Config_Marker.

- If you generate DAC camps, no objects from the editor's update may be used, e.g. use the DAC_Camp_Config No. 0

That's all

@BigShot:

------------

Everything what DMarkwick has explained, is absolutely correct.

Thank you DMarkwick:)

@Heatseeker:

--------------

Quote[/b] ]The DAC_AISpeak feature isnt working for me, i hear the sound file just after my zone is activated but not when its meant to play.

I tried by waypoint reach and enemy detected methods using diferent SLA infantry squads and with diferent DAC zones too.

The sound file works, i tested it inside the mission with a civilian and a waypoint.

This feature works perfectly. Even in the MP games.

Perhaps, you make another mistake.

See DAC_Examples > 12#DAC_WestVsEastSectorFight.MAP_SSara

In this mission it is inserted functionally.

@ALL:

=======

Please, use basically and always the scripts from the folder [DAC_Core]. Thx smile_o.gif

Greeting

Silola

I ran more tries wink_o.gif .

The first entry (wich makes the squad leader say something when he reaches a WP) didnt work for me but all the others worked fine .

Perhaps its because i make him switchmove a little anim thru the DAC_Config_Events/reach waypoint.

This feature is pretty good, gives life to the a.i. even if they call you bad names biggrin_o.gif .

It would be nice if it worked with RACS and civilians too.

Silola

Thanks We got a dedicated mission going with 5 human players all OK thanks. Error was addon related we thinks.

@Silola:

Fix for JIP problem with weather etc. etc. I posted a few posts/pages ago mate.

use if (isNil "DAC_Basic_Value") then { DAC_Basic_Value = .... };

inside DAC_Config_Creater, where you initialize the variable the first time.

I couldn't see this before, but I know it was in the ofp version.

Say I want to spawn a zone with 2 shilka's in it, in two separate groups but I want the mission to end when they're dead, how can I reference them? There used to be away of making a variable array IIRC?