Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact releases DAC 2.0 for ArmA

The reason is that i'd like to make DAC 2.0 compatible with shinden's ARMA GDCE which uses the older version DAC 1.0

Whoa! Hopefully when you finish that you could get permission from shinden and release it. Using DAC v2.0 sounds pretty bad ass.

Hey Silola you going to be making DAC for Arma 2? I think this is the most well used scripting set used in missions. Makes the AI awesome and interesing in battles..

I second that I use DAC 2 for most all my missions. Great suggestion Matt

I second that I use DAC 2 for most all my missions. Great suggestion Matt

+1 Here :)

6thSense.eu Coop Gaming Community plays ONLY DAC missions 24/7.

Edited by Sickboy

Whoa! Hopefully when you finish that you could get permission from shinden and release it. Using DAC v2.0 sounds pretty bad ass.

I'm running into a lot of problems with DAC's older version.

Random comment:

You have to add quite some arrays and new unit-group types, when you want to use DAC 2.0 with ACE..... :p

But its worth it!

Random comment:

You have to add quite some arrays and new unit-group types, when you want to use DAC 2.0 with ACE..... :p

But its worth it!

You can do that on your own you know. If you start right now it might be finished much faster than waiting for Silola getting familiar with ACE and adding it. ;)

You can do that on your own you know. If you start right now it might be finished much faster than waiting for Silola getting familiar with ACE and adding it. ;)

Lol, i rather meant that i am already done it partially... :p

So it was more of a explanation to all interested guys, like "if you want to use it with ACE with the maximum experience, then you should add all custom new ACE units and/or groups"....

:)

Lol, i rather meant that i am already done it partially... :p

So it was more of a explanation to all interested guys, like "if you want to use it with ACE with the maximum experience, then you should add all custom new ACE units and/or groups"....

:)

You might want to look at what XENO has done already making DAC work with ACE in Domination, I have used his structured ACE-DAC several times.

Just a thought

You might want to look at what XENO has done already making DAC work with ACE in Domination, I have used his structured ACE-DAC several times.

Just a thought

Nice! Did he already added VDV and VDV Recon as seperate group-types?

I cannot believe I have just found this addon after all these years lol. Its great. I am just getting to grips with it and have a quick question: How do you activate a zone with a trigger? I am wanting all zones to be deactive until the oppossing force gets to within a certain distance.

I have looked in manual but cannot see anything about this..

Thanks for any help :-)

Just seen the answer to my question from an earlier post by gunterlund, sorry all. Thats what happens when you dont read through all 36 pages of posts lol

Edited by LockJaw-65-
Found answer to my question

Is there a way to hide all the Info etc that comes on screen when starting mission. Also the constant messages that appear i.e. z3 zone deactivated etc..

Is there a way to hide all the Info etc that comes on screen when starting mission. Also the constant messages that appear i.e. z3 zone deactivated etc..

In the file DAC_Config_Creator.sqf in the DAC folder there is a line setting the values for "DAC_Com_Values. If you set all 3 elements in this array to 0 you will not receive any onscreen messages.

How does DAC influence other AI based mods?

AFAIK DAC makes troops

* patrol

* provide support (not sure what they react to or move to) and come help

* call for arti

* mount empty weapons and vehicles

But does DAC influence:

*how AI attacks?

*whether AI flanks or chooses an attacking angle or just runs in straight line to enemy?

*AI and vehicles working together?

*how AI responds to incoming fire and calls for help?

*AI info sharing like the old infoshare script?

i ask because DAC2 really is useful and gives me great missions. however, i am not sure what it is doing to the AI and how much control i can keep.

most importantly, is there a way to pause the DAC AI so i can get the group to do what i want (engage) and then get DAC to resume? plus can i extend the DAC2 functionality to increase the way the AI's work together?

:bounce3:

DAC2 is very good. brilliant and i hope it makes it to arma2!

But does DAC influence:

*how AI attacks?

*whether AI flanks or chooses an attacking angle or just runs in straight line to enemy?

*AI and vehicles working together?

*how AI responds to incoming fire and calls for help?

*AI info sharing like the old infoshare script?

Not at all. Basic AI behaviour is stored in ArmA´s .fsm files and can´t be overridden that easily.

afaik DAC only manipulates/uses the settings you can also access in the editor, be it waypoints, unit behaviour, formation, blabla, and some other DAC specific actions like entering buildings (via "buildingPos" scripting command), calling arty, etc.

What DAC does is simply (understatement of the year) giving the AI a set of predefined scripts that makes them go whoop-ass. Nothing in ArmA´s original AI behaviour is really changed, but enhanced through intelligent use of the available commands.

On the other hand, you can surely enhance or dumb down DAC scripts by tweaking them to certain scenarios, DAC_Config_Behaviour.sqf or the readme would be the first places worth looking at in that case.

+1 :yay:

Edited by Mr Burns

Not at all. Basic AI behaviour is stored in ArmA´s .fsm files and can´t be overridden that easily.

afaik DAC only manipulates/uses the settings you can also access in the editor, be it waypoints, unit behaviour, formation, blabla, and some other DAC specific actions like entering buildings (via "buildingPos" scripting command), calling arty, etc.

On the other hand, you can surely enhance or dumb down DAC scripts by tweaking them to certain scenarios, DAC_Config_Behaviour.sqf or the readme would be the first places worth looking at in that case.

thanks for replying mate.

FSM's have IMO been a massive balls-up as far as Arma was concerned as no-one has been able to edit them to any degree without them being replaced at whim by the default ones in the AI. what's the point of them if modders cannot tinker with them properly. anyway....

i was talking more about other scripted AI enhancements like RommelIA or ACE or GL3 and how they are affect by DAC2.

Will take alook at that section you mentioned. have looked at it but was very scarce and non intuitive.

I love dac and was wondering how to intergate an ai suppressive fire script?

For DAC AI to use suppresive fire. thk u

edit:

I think I figured it out.

I found Rommel ia script.

I always get an error when putting this script in events.

Edited by Comrade12

In the file DAC_Config_Creator.sqf in the DAC folder there is a line setting the values for "DAC_Com_Values. If you set all 3 elements in this array to 0 you will not receive any onscreen messages.

Just seen your post, thanks will try it now :)

It works, many thanks it was really bugging me, and it to be so simple lol. :-)

Edited by LockJaw-65-

I've recently started using this addon for my own little missions and it's great, rather than placing tons of units at random locations with about 50% chance of presence, DAC does it for me in a much nicer way.

I ran into some slow down problems earlier today though. I'm creating a mission in Afghan village where I basically have four zones: Insurgents and civilians inside the village, USMC outside + WP-zone for them inside. I'm using ACE units.

There's about 70 units total, which is less than I've played with in DAC before without any significant slowdowns, but with this particular setup I get, about half a minute AFTER the units have finished loading, around 1 fps.

So, first I get the usual lag when everything is loading, then everything runs fine, units start to move etc, and then suddenly FPS drops to 1.

I tried to isolate the problem, and I get the same whenever I 1. spawn vehicles, and/or 2. use the WP zone. Spawning infantry in a single zone is fine.

Like I said, I've handled more units than this with DAC before, it shouldn't be related to slow computer or whatever. Could there be some kind of interference, maybe with the units config?

Looks like this

case 1:
{
	_Unit_Pool_S = 	[
						"ACE_SoldierWCrew","ACE_SoldierWPilot","ACE_USMC0311E_D","ACE_USMC0311A_D",
						"ACE_USMC0311D2_D","ACE_USMC0331B_D","ACE_USMC0331C_D","ACE_USMC0331B_D","ACE_USMC0311H_D",
						"ACE_USMCHM1_D","ACE_USMC0351C1_D","ACE_USMC8541A1_D","ACE_USMCFR0321H_D","ACE_USMCFR0321A_D",
						"ACE_USMC0351A1_D","ACE_USMCHM2_D","ACE_USMC0321H_D"
					];
	_Unit_Pool_V = 	[	"ACE_HMMWV_GMV","ACE_HMMWV_GMV2","ACE_Stryker_M2"];
	_Unit_Pool_T =	[	"ACE_M1A2_TUSK_Desert","ACE_M2A2","ACE_M113_Ambul"];
	_Unit_Pool_A = 	[	"ACE_AH1Z_HE","ACE_UH60MG_M134","ACE_A10_AGM_FFAR"];

Edited by maxter

+ another! :yay:

U guys that want to use ROMM AI and other AI enhancing Scripts, look in the readme. page 34 DAC_Config_Events

Couple of quick DAC questions:

I recall a while back reading somewhere that DAC had some sort of incompatibility with ECS...

I've been using the two together for a few days now and I haven't seen anything weird. Anyone have any additional info on this? Do the problems only occur when using special DAC functionality, like AI into buildings? (which ECS also does?)

Also, way back in DAC1, there was a rule that each DAC zone had to be given a unique position. Something about them being identified internally that way. Is this still a requirement with DAC2? Can we easily stack zones on a single position without issue now?

Hi Silola, first I must say is that, your DAC script is the best script anybody do for Arma.

I´ve make some changes into it for use at ARMA II, it seems to work perfectly.

If you want I can send to you for a release (only few mods done).

Best regards from Spain

Hi PataPalo,

thx for your nice comment :)

Did you read the readme? If yes, then you may have noticed

that DAC is very complex and there are many features.

It is very important to check all the possibilities for errors,

so the whole package runs error-free.

I think you understand the problems associated with it.

So, please be patient.

But stop ... this is the "DAC2.0 > Arma1" Thread :butbut:

Greeting

Silola

Hi Silola! Good to see you on the board. :)

I had a couple of questions, if you happen to know the answers:

Couple of quick DAC questions:

I recall a while back reading somewhere that DAC had some sort of incompatibility with ECS...

I've been using the two together for a few days now and I haven't seen anything weird. Anyone have any additional info on this? Do the problems only occur when using special DAC functionality, like AI into buildings? (which ECS also does?)

Also, way back in DAC1, there was a rule that each DAC zone had to be given a unique position. Something about them being identified internally that way. Is this still a requirement with DAC2? Can we easily stack zones on a single position without issue now?