Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Chammys Sound Mod

Played it loud for some time. I cannot seriously play an Opfor rifleman when the rifle sounds like that. It has obviously been taken from a distant firing sound. It is almost like a small caliber pistol.

With regard to the opfor in ArmA, the only sound I care about is the one they make as they die! pistols.gif

Quote[/b] ]With regard to the opfor in ArmA, the only sound I care about is the one they make as they die!

Well that's pretty nicely sums it up what this mod is currently about...

I cant wait for you to release YOUR sound mod, then we will all know what we are missing. nener.gif

Despite the mocking, that's a pretty good idea. Torni, as a shooter of the AK family, could you search for some clips showing what you're looking for?

OK here is one. It is a Finnish army training video about assault rifle. Not of best quality. There are some rifle grenades too etc.

In the end there is an example of AK bullets vs. various covers. It shows that 20cm of wood, 8cm of steel or bricks is not enough, but surprisingly a sandbag is  wink_o.gif

I'll look for some more.

Here is some guy with an AK-47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....search=

And here is how it sounds now in the mod

And an AK-74

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....search=

First of all gotta say great addon m8, this completely changes the ambience and make it alot more realistic.

The only niggle i have with it, is the sound of the 1st person weapons "especially the m4/m249/m240" i honestly think the sounds should be alot louder when firing. It sounds more like an ambient noise that a 1st person firing.

i do like the sounds but the tank firing sounds are pretty far off in a video they may sound like that but in real life it rocks your world footage from the Israel Lebanon conflict u can hear deep explosions from the tanks firing from nearly a miles or 2 off as for the weapon sounds they are good but i guess for now its a decision between making all the weapons sound good in your hands or good in ambiance pretty much your choice is mod war sounds for in your hands and this one for good ambiance i enjoy how your sounds are less flashy and tend to not have echo in the clouds but for a weapon in your hand you would hear such hmm im sure someone will figure out how to make different sounds for in hand and ambiance but good work

Yeah the vid that shows Tori's AK clip one is how it sounds, but its still pretty close. I mean theres alot of sounds he's working on, and its not that ppl are complaining but we just hope to get the best realistic and close as possible sounds as possible smile_o.gif Love the grenade sounds biggrin_o.gif

OK here is one. It is a Finnish army training video about assault rifle. Not of best quality. There are some rifle grenades too etc.

Hey guys ,me again. tounge2.gif

The first vid you showed (RK-62), they sound like a snare drum hit that has been tuned down too low.

The 2nd, you have to remmeber, the fellow there is under a yawning, possibly metal but will give off alot of reverb.

The 3rd video...I'm sorry but I have no idea what your sound settings are on but the AK's in the game are no way close to an airsoft. Like I've said, I really do not think you've been around an actual shooting range where there are Ak's being fired, sometimes AK's will sound like an M16 or FAL. But, there is a difference.

Now the 4th vid, I have footage of that and have AK samples made from that exact video. Tis about on the dot, but mind you, this being heard from a recording done from a DV recorder, mic diffferece and such. Its almost close to hearing it when you are there, but since there were reflective surfaces in that video you will here the weapon with more sound, very good video example.

Finally the 5th, again, the firer is under an over hang, more reverb, dusk time, more echo reflective surfaces, (unlike ArmA).

Right now I have sooo many types and sounds, its very hard to chose from, and since ArmA is aimed at the the hardcore realist and that ArmA is "supposed" to be the best sim, why not have accurate simulated weapon sounds as well. We can't make everyone happy, but we'll try. wink_o.gif

I mean theres alot of sounds he's working on, and its not that ppl are complaining but we just hope to get the best realistic and close as possible sounds as possible smile_o.gif Love the grenade sounds biggrin_o.gif

Exactly, there are so many sounds in different situations but theres only going to be so many that "will fit with the game's atmosphere and feel". You see, if I put alot of more exagerated sounds ( as Torni, and several others want, almost Hollywood like ) then when you are in a firefight it will sound weird. I do not want to bash on FDF's sound mod, but as an example, and is my opinion only, when in a fire fight , it all almost sounds like alot of tin cans, drums ,and metal things being banged all over the place. I want to aim at keeping the concusive feel of fire power and gun powder. There fore I am looking at diffferent ways to capture it, the AK's and other rifles in the Beta, again, are "Beta" , test samples, they are trial and havent been etched in stone just yet. I think what I will do is just make another video with examples of the many sounds I have of the AK and rifles so that all can chose, I hadnt done it yet, cause of my busy schedual.

Cheers whistle.gif

Well done, I like it  wink_o.gif

I'd say the sound is a bit low though, but all in all a very nice job.

Do not want Hollywood. Otherwise we would have all yellow gasoline explosions and some hero running in the foreground.

The main problem is that the sound levels are not in balance in beta. If you turn up the volume the guns sound more decent, but on the other hand all else becomes so loud that a car driving by can even bury the firing sounds.

Simply put small arm sounds overall feel too weak in the first person view.

Do not want Hollywood. Otherwise we would have all yellow gasoline explosions and some hero running in the foreground.

The main problem is that the sound levels are not in balance in beta. If you turn up the volume the guns sound more decent, but on the other hand all else becomes so loud that a car driving by can even bury the firing sounds.

Simply put small arm sounds overall feel too weak in the first person view.

it's an early beta törni dude, and considering that the mod sounds VERY cool. Even the AK is fine when u hear it fired fro distant.

to: chammy , single shot sounds need to changel, auto/burst sounds good

@armavidz: the mods i use now are chammys + madmatt's effects and arma hasn't been this cool

( yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Do not understand the fuss either. AK-sounds what the...  huh.gif Sounds like an airsoft gun.

The reloading sound of a grenade launcher is way too long compared to the animation sequence. There is no sound for grenade safety pin going off as you throw.

One thing that is also missing (in ArmA sound mods generally too) is the MG reloading sound as you pull the belt to it's place. It is not just a box or magazine. There is a belt inside.

I'll stick to ModWarSound untill an update becomes available.

@Tori,

When you say the AK sounds like an airsoft gun, are you refering to the sound of the AK74 or the AKS74U? I've noticed that in the mod the AKS74U does sound the way you described.

Either way, correcting the sounds for the whole AK family is already on our current task list, and has been since the Beta 0.2 release (so, no this mod is not focused on BlueFor weapons only). The GL reload sound in on that list as well as a proper reload sound for the MGs (with the sound of the pulling of the belt and all).

About levels, I said it once before, but it might be worth mentioning again: If you are going to revamp all the sounds, and you want to keep fidelity, you do have the option of lowering all the other sounds so when the master volume is turned up ingame, the car and weapon volumes are proper.

As for the ambiance or first person sounds, it's just too bad there can't be a conditional trigger or event for proximity to multiple buildings, or proximity to a weapon to allow a new set of sounds to be used in the config.  Multiple sound classes? Add a prefix to the sound files?  Magic wand? lol   It just would be nice and the icing on the cake for this wonderful effort!  Thanks a bunch!

Edit: I'm sure you have plenty sound clips to choose from, and this was not done with a Sennnheiser ribbon mic or anything, but it's still good. M249

The sounds are really good so far, although there still needs to be a few tweaks. They are too quiet, and if I turn up the volume, I can hear the static/white noise in the background. It seems worse on the AK74.

i specially like the granade explosion sounds.

if you carefully notice you can hear a stamp sound in your hears and after that you hear a wisper in your hears as if you become deaf with the sound.

I like this mod over the others, should be very nice when it is finished.

Good job.

I hope CSM will also change the irritating choir&trumpet music at start menu, also the semper fidelis theme just....sucks.

Menu music should have some "cojones" biggrin_o.gif

I personally like songs from Disturbed...as I am such myself

crazy_o.gif

Great work CSM Team i was loosing intrest in this game till your sounds came out. 10 out of 10 guys keep up the amazing work

Dark Fenix

@ UberNoob - Currently I'm working on a complete new menu background, game music and something that I'm not at will to talk about wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

@ DarkFenix100 - Thanks dark fenix, when i joined the CSM team and heard the sounds on my own computer i felt the same way!

i dont think some people know how much time and effort you guys put into this project and how hard it is to find some really good sounds icon_rolleyes.gif your work can only get better.

Dark Fenix