Hitman

You know when you have played too much ArmA

Yeh, I thought that everyone who was posting here were all just nuts until I started assaulting Ortego in my dreams... crazy_o.gif

... when you wonder in real-life which of the seagulls are fallen team-mates wink_o.gif

lol absolute class!  rofl.gif

I think that every time I see any white bird.

You piss off everyone when you do the two-second "ladder-walk" move before you get into their vehicle.

...when you go mountain biking and you go off trail for a better view of the river. Then you can't find the damn trail and start to wonder which way your car is...

Damn it if hitting the map key and having it on cadet mode wouldn't have been helpful.

**note: I did at least find my car before dark. wink_o.gif

when you hear a baloon blow up and you go prone imediatly.

or when you wake up in the morning and walk arround windows croutched:D

When you can walk up sheer cliffs effortlessly!

...yet can't manage more than a stroll on any incline greater than 20 degrees. crazy_o.gif

tounge2.gif

...when you meet up with some old BF2 buddys for a drinking night out and after five minutes of hearing the same ol' BF2 talk you shake your head in disapproval and say "You f#*&in' gaylords."

tounge2.gif

... when you can't resist to walk in the middle of the street and wonder why people are shouting at you.

... when people at work tell you, you look like zombie today.

You piss off everyone when you do the two-second "ladder-walk" move before you get into their vehicle.

LOL....I'd love to see a video of you doing that. rofl.gif

Abs

i have a habbit of sometimes but not oftern of saying rgr on msn on when speaking to someone when they tell me to do something.. and they say wtf. tounge2.gif

Offtopic: With the chance of being called a noob, what the hell means "rgr" ?

Ontopic: You know you've played to much OFP/ArmA when you're at the movies and recognise every single piece of military hardware in the movie.

Had that last week with Transformers. biggrin_o.gif

'rgr' stands for 'roger', meaning what was said was understood.

I laughed so hard when John McClane in Die Hard 4.0 fell on top of a multi-million dollar, still not actually in service F-35C (or whatever designation it was) that was hovering around. Aw man, that was just....so good. rofl.gif Wonder if I can hunt Sigma's truck + Gnat's trailer addon around with a hovering Harrier...:P

I can agree on the whole "recognizing military hardware" bit. Been that way since OFP!

Regards,

Wolfrug

I can agree on the whole "recognizing military hardware" bit. Been that way since OFP!

I agree that OFP taught me almost everything I accurately know about weapons.

How to tell you HAVEN'T played ArmA enough?

You ask what does rgr stand for?

sorry...had to..nothing personal. wink_o.gif

Thanks Scrub. I guess it's really obvious that it means roger.

After all the imho's and roflmao's you're thinking that it's maybe a little bit more complicated.

@SWAT - It's OK dude, I knew someone would say something.

@Wolfrug - It's actually the F35B. The C variant will be able to land on aircraftcarriers. tounge2.gif

Btw, has anyone ever got the harrier to hover in ArmA?

After all the imho's and roflmao's you're thinking that it's maybe a little bit more complicated.

@Wolfrug - It's actually the F35B. The C variant will be able to land on aircraftcarriers. tounge2.gif

yes i have, but to get it "land" it still needs a lots of work to make it semi realistic

You've playing ARMA too long when...

... you see someone carrying an AT4 and you wonder; Where is he carrying the reloads?

...you imagine pressing 'G' before opening the trunk of your car.

...you try to soften the fall from a second floor window by looking for the prone key.

...you go prone and crawl behind a bush when your wife is calling you.

Actually, I spent a night dreaming about ARMA the first day I played Evo. Darned Evo! biggrin_o.gif

yes i have, but to get it "land" it still needs a lots of work to make it semi realistic

Very easy to do.

Can't do VSTOL takeoff, but can do "Jump Jet" meaning very short takeoff before youre in the air.

To land, TURN ON AUTO-HOVER! That will direct the nozzles downward. However, having thrust at 100% will oftentimes make the nozzles turn to the rear.. that's why 50% to 0% throttle is what you want, which makes the nozzles point downward.

Pitch nose up to slow down completely to 0 or whatever speed.. use 0% thrust to sink on down... if you are still very high up it'll take forever to get down. [i've sometimes shut down engine to sink like a rock to get closer, lol! Then turned it on back in time).

Harrier lands vertically perfectly in this game.

when..

You start doing stuff like this during mission making (and record it): Clicky

too-tall, if you read this - it´s all your fault tounge2.gif

When you hear Birds outside your house and you swear it sounds exactly the same as when your walking throught the woods in ArmA ...