Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

ArmA is just ... awesome!

I must add my say as well.

In fact, screw it. I don't feel like writing an essay right now so I'll keep it simple.

I inlove.gif ArmA.

I may just make that into a bumper sticker. biggrin_o.gif

Since 1.08 most of my gripes with ArmA have gone. The performance is now close to excellent and I'm loving the gameplay improvements. biggrin_o.gif

I'm really looking forward to the next patch. Now that all ArmA versions are unified, BI can take some time to work on the remaining issues in their own good time.

It's sad really, that they weren't able to release ArmA as it is now, seven months ago and across the whole world. I bet the community would be a lot different now if they had.

Its great being able to have so many units on the field. I don't know the maximum amount you can command but I had 7 basic infantry groups under my command once.

The scenary is good and is helped by the stunning graphics and lighting

The man models are completely ahead of time in the way they look and the way they move.

This game offers graphics which are much better than expected, buts its a shame my PC can't run them on high.

Considering the enormous scope that BIS has taken, I forgive them for the early release and the inherent buglist. Business is business and requires income.

On a high end system, 1.08 is a joy to play. Now they have sorted the VRAM allocation , I have upped the view distances and quality and still get 30fps average.

I am continually amazed by the detail of the simulation, and really get the feeling of immersion.

Only wish my clan would give up their bf2142 addiction (*yawns*). A game like bf2142 may have glitzy shaders etc, but is so limited in game play. Not to mention the number of hackers in that community. I can't reallt see hackers bothering with this game since it takes too long to understand the depth of control.

Keep up the good work BIS, I have found a game worth putting effort into learning.

I really like what BIS did with the 1.08 patch, it's so much smoother now. For a test I placed 200+ troops, 20+ vehicles and 40+ planes and helis on a city to watch the fight. It was impressive to watch it with only a little slow down. The only trouble was I kept being hit by dying helicopters falling out of the sky. The only other game I know that can handle these numbers is RTS's and this is in 3D, nice. ArmA's not perfect but it's definitely unique.

as I have also contributed to the

Quote[/b] ]arma is just....dissapointing thread
I feel I should also give some credit here as I cannot find the
Quote[/b] ]arma is just.....awesome and dissapointing
thread tounge2.gif

Since 1.08 i've noticed much improved LOD performance especially in larger cities. lighting effects much improved too and overall framerates are much smoother.....these improvments are beginning to outweigh the annoyances, so I will keep using the 'teething gel' until version 1.10 or maybe 1.20 wink_o.gif

The subtle appearance of mosquito's, birds and flying leaves when aircraft is in sight really makes the realism in this game...many times I have wasted a magazine on these things....awesome work notworthy.gif

It's the most incredible thing to be in a server with 59 other people or so playing an organized, 3 hour long battle. With ArmA's scale of realism it just emerges you into it as if you're right there.

MY best aspect is the ultimate freedom you can make your self your own little war... Or big war.. To a street fight..

You don't even need other players too... Most of the time.

And i'm really diggin' the lipsync & face.. That just makes it 110%  better...

It's unique...

pistols.gif

Arma Rocks. The 8800GTX is now being used as in intended and the draw distance and smoothness are just one of the many things that make this patch very welcome!

I love the setpos on objects on dedi servers, Im not currently making my MAZE DM, with a big huge maze on Ramhadi for players to run around in and find the exit when they recive there big gunz lol.

Just got my ARMA: Combat Operations Friday and man WHAT A GAME! Im having fun in the armory doing the challenges and enjoying the game and after updating to 1.08 performance have increased exponentially, Im extremely impressed I feel I have made a great investment here.

Played the Sanitize mission I know from the demo wow was I in for a shock, enemy AI response is quicker and seeing the UAZ with a gunner frightened me out of my wits, luckily I didnt panic and took out the gunner and the driver, weapons fire much better after the patch, lots of good improvements. As I said game performance has improved greatly although I still have the occasional mouse lag because im running the game believe it or not on 512mb DDR memory which will soon change as im going to buy another 512mb module.

Nice work BiS! Good job. notworthy.gif

Greetings from Finland. I updated my game from 1.05 to 1.08 and It was worth waiting for: Game runs better than ever and there was hardly a LOD problem available. yay.gif

I haven't yet tried out how the editor now functions but I'll be starting to make missions again this week so then I'll see.

Game is finally playable. Thank you BIS.

(AMD X2+4200/7800GTX/4Gb DDR) firefoxlover.gif

Yeah loved OFP and I LOVE ArmA, I know its designed mainly for MP but the SP campaign kinda sucked compared to the OFP SP campaigns which was so well done so I guess its all balanced out.... Like OFP I can see myself playing this game for years to come... thumbs-up.gif

I have too say that I'm growing more fond of it everyday, even with the qualms I still have concerning uniforms and improper, outdated, or nonexistant weapon variants and optics.

It's the most incredible thing to be in a server with 59 other people or so playing an organized, 3 hour long battle. With ArmA's scale of realism it just emerges you into it as if you're right there.

I was there sat night in the IC battle!

Almost 60 ppl in a 3hr PvP coop/C&H and ran like a dream! xmas_o.gif

Still needs more patch's quick. This is still the best game I've ever played! Hardest too.

ArmA is just ... awesome!

The topic title says it all...

It was fun in OFP to create/edit scripts etc... It's 10x more fun to do so in ArmA; the many new functions, fixed/upgraded functions and all the possibilities ArmA has to deliver...create triggers on the fly, check if machine is a server, particlesources, new dialog options, SQF for scripting... it's Amazing and really great for guys like me smile_o.gif

It was fun in OFP to edit configs and create own objects, settings etc. etc. It's 10x more fun to do so in ArmA; new class inheritance and overwrite systems are really awesome and come very much inhandy. Check for the instance all the CSL replacement pack configs... I think it's a great step for BIS to have gone this way smile_o.gif

Not to mention the little details like multiple "eye-points" for rifles, effectively making it possible to use an ACOG scope for long range, while looking 'over-the-scope' for CQB... etc. etc.

It was fun in OFP to get into battle with mates in nice Coop missions. It's 10x more fun to do so in ArmA; the graphics (texture/model quality, effects), the bright/darkness "HDR" fun battles against the sun!! The water, environmental sounds, beasts (/insects), for me the immersion is quite well done. All together it makes the experience really great while playing. VON (altough shakey atm) is also a great enhancement; no more ppl that need to switch ts channel when they want to communicate inside their vehicle, no more 'blocking ts communications' when 2 fellows just want a quick chat with eachother or whatsoever...

Also, we need 10x less Enemy-AI because of the enhanced AI (sure they're stupid in some of their moves, but there are also good improvements). We can also take place in huger battles with numbers running into 300 per side, AI's that are controlled by Player commanders etc, which makes it all pretty awesome.

ArmA will only get better and better.

New patches fix bugs, performance for many....

New addons bring new vehicles and units to the game...

New mods/scripts bring new features in the game

New tools, editors, IDE's bring more ease to editing

New missions keep popping up, and they are even getting better, even with cool intro's and the lot...

Have you seen those upcoming Naval Addons? Big boats with loads of guns, flight-deck carriers.. You name it.

Check around for Mandoble's Missile and Aircraft systems, very nice systems and i'm sure it only gets better....

I'm very happy with ArmA and I think the game is a joy for anyone like me (Editor) aswell as pure gamers.

The game for me has most of it's power in the editability; Always renewing, always something to check out/test/have fun with... Someone else didn't make it yet; there is a huge chance you can make it urself, or make something better smile_o.gif

I do hope BIS will adress the bugs and issues that are haunting ArmA. But knowing their support for OFP, even when they got messed by Codemasters. Seeing their willingness to listen to the community and tweak ArmA to our needs etc. etc. I think it will all be fine before the end of this year. (I must add that I got the least of problems myself though tounge2.gif).

All-in-All, ArmA is a great game, huge potential and especially internally great improvement over OFP, which is quite interesting for me wink_o.gif

Time to register to the board and get the authorization to post, the first post be the thanks!!

Why?

That game is awesome, as it was Operation Flashpoint and the Resistance expansion.

Cause I love the free enviroment, the freeplay, the realistic and unic feel the games (both) gives to me.

Nothing compares to arma when is time to shot an enemy at 400-500meters with an M16 or track down enemy convois with an abrams, Battlefield? Naaa, like Leonidas would say: "This is ArmA!"

I want to thanks Bohemia for being still here ruling the market, for making another outstanding war game, for keeping the same beloved old gameplay and adding some new spice in the mix while fixing some others.

And now i can finally fly away without all that fog!

A special mention for the 505 Games release, cool looking metal box and still with Italian language!!

Lode to you all!

Well said guys smile_o.gif. I think the good outweighs the bad. btw sick, any progress on AI-M v0.3? I cant wait to see what goodies you have smile_o.gif

You can call me a fanboy ....cause Arma has so much more potential than OFP......It is to me the best game ever made ...sweeeeeeeeeeeeet pistols.gif

I hate the comparison game, but I tried Battlefield 2 the other day, and the experience of looking out of a Blackhawk window was just not quite the same as in your local co-op (mostly due to the silly fog everywhere). Somehow at that point, when I'm sitting on my way to the LZ, checking the beautiful, beautiful scenery inlove.gif flashing by underneath my feet, I get that feeling. "Man, this is a good game!"

And in the meantime I tinker with the editor. A lot. Or just hunt convoys with my trusty old Camel. biggrin_o.gif

Just thought I should add my 0.02 euro cents to this thread. Peace out, all!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Well said guys smile_o.gif. I think the good outweighs the bad. btw sick, any progress on AI-M v0.3? I cant wait to see what goodies you have smile_o.gif

Hehe, heya dude...

I had some projects in between, like the 6thSense.eu "Pack1", some managing of my Mod and other ArmA Related things.

I have about 2 weeks to go until my Holidays start, which means im gone for 10 days, directly after these Holidays I plan to put all my efforts into AI-M.

Finishing v0.2 isn't that much work left, but v0.3 will be tough cookie; Going to work on my own AI Systems, hopefully making use of FSM's etc. etc.

what other mil game u can play in MP, in huge battle, and after that take a relaxing camel dogfight PvP?huh.gif?