Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Real Life Photography/Photo Editing II - NO IMAGES >100kb

My friend, a professional illustrator btw, uses a Tamron f/3.5 28-300mm... "Works well for the price."

Cheers for the help, now I just need some money. 150 euros for lense, 2-way train travel and a ticket to the show... crazy_o.gif

Following the mid 1980's terrorist attacks on Naval installations,the National Security Co-ordination Team (NSCT) was formed.

Also know as Red Cell / SEAL Team 6,their mission was to provide realistic anti- terrorist exercises for Fleed activities.

af3_nsct.jpg

his codename is Raider.

last week(end) i was on a big Airsoft/MILSIM game with about 1000 participants..

here are some of the best pics i took during the game...

i wont post all of my 73 favourites though...

Berget5-0146.jpg

Berget5-0169.jpg

Berget5-0225.jpg

Berget5-0226.jpg

Berget5-0237.jpg

Berget5-0250.jpg

should be the last ones....

Berget5-0489.jpg

Berget5-0499.jpg

Berget5-0503.jpg

Berget5-0504.jpg

Berget5-0511.jpg

Berget5-0539.jpg

all photoes are straight from the camera, no editing done exept resize and converting to jpeg with 50% quality.

used -1.7EV on most of the shots.

Cool pics, looks like fun! I am looking to get a new lens, preferably one that I can take portraits, landscapes and everyday shots with, but is also good in low light, what do people think of this lens:

Clicky!

I've also read that with extension tubes it can double up as a reasonable macro lens, something I'd appreciate.

It sounds good and has good reviews, does anyone know of an alternative? Or is it pretty good?!

I have that exact same lens. It's quite good at all the things you want but keep in mind that due to the crop factor on most dSLR's the 28mm lower boundary isnt that wide any more smile_o.gif All in all a fantastic allround lens but if you want a wide angle lens I'd go with something more towards 18 - 12 mm lower limit smile_o.gif

Acro Ez or something along those lines.

I took 800 pictures of so..200 of when I got a flight in a Catalina, will put alot up tonight

what? no comments on my 30 pics? biggrin_o.gif

are they that avarage?

Looking nice!

How was the game then? I've heard that the sunday got quite screwed up :/

The dirt on the blisters made these not turn out 100%, but you get the idea.

bcdd1ab0.jpg

45193b15.jpg

8e94132d.jpg

32bce9d5.jpg

e981baf0.jpg

902f52bb.jpg

what? no comments on my 30 pics? biggrin_o.gif

are they that avarage?

Looking nice!

How was the game then? I've heard that the sunday got quite screwed up :/

the game was ok, but very badly planned and prepared in some issues...

the game was blown off on saturday evening, but i dont know the actual reason, just a rumor that sais some on the russian side started to fight with their knuckels....

Those are my favourite 3. The rest arent bad tho, good composition on alot of them. Post whore. tounge2.gif

yep, thats my favourites too.... especially the SAW gunner is nice i think...

actually i think it looks a little like a diorama with one of those GI joe action figures biggrin_o.gif

Those pictures are awesome, of the game.

Anyone like my fat bastard (AKA That Cat) inlove.gif

^ your cat is nice,I like little tigers too.

this is chomsky he's probably dead by now...

he got too old, I prefer Babies. biggrin_o.gif

chomskouxh3.jpg

Tried this tutorial (was posted here a while back), but thanks to my old/limited version, couldn't do it. So... I started experimenting with stuff.

spotterse1xk2.jpg

An older pic of mine, re-edited with the tricks I learned.

eisw2101sted1re5.jpg

Decided to have a go with the famous D-Day pic showing Gen. Eisenhower and members of 101st Airborne Div. Original picture is by US Army and public domain. If it's against the rules (the editing is my work, but I didn't live in '44 so...), feel free to remove it.

Also went to Lentäjien Juhannus (Pilot's Midsummer)... still gotta extract the pics (a whopping 600 of them... with kit lense!wink_o.gif and well, edit the ones I find suitable and prolly delete a heck of a lot.

The wargame photos are awesome... Airsoft you say? Those weapons look very real. Anything remotely realistic is illegal in NZ... Makes sense to me, But imagine most people here would disagree...

Here are some random recent photos:)

Edit: Oops... Forgot to apply the OFPForum quality reduction action... Each image was 200K... Naughty... Pictures removed.