Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Real Life Photography/Photo Editing II - NO IMAGES >100kb

Hey!

I've been wanting a DSLR for a while, but this summer I won't afford (the need of a proper computer is larger then the need of a DSLR), so next summer, I will get a DSLR tounge2.gif

I was, just for fun, checking the most expensive camera from a local store, and the price was roughly 7400 € (euro), an EOS 1DS MkII.

Noticed down in the specs that the largest imagesize you could take is 4992x3328, which is the 16,7 effective pixels.

Who needs an image that large? Really, is it for like extremely large pics like posters? Arent they like magnified anyways, and printed on like 5 different papers to create a huge one?

Just wondering tounge2.gif

Hey Wex-q. Most people will never need more than 6mp. But professional image agencies demand a minimum file size of 50mb per image (5500 x 3000 ish)... My D200 is just enough for my agent with abit of Interpolation at 10mp... The real profesional camera are at leat 12 mp, with medium format digital backed cameras pushing 20mp! Just silly really...

I just got back from another tour of Oz.

The band asked me to take some publicity shots for them. I think these came out OK. We planned to take some portrait format shots on a cool staircase we knew of up north, but this never eventuated, so its all landscape here…

_GEE1938-copy.jpg

_GEE1926-copy.jpg

_GEE1923-copy.jpg

_GEE1919-copy.jpg

We came across the remnants of a storm in Sydney while we were staying in Bondi Beach… I was totally satisfied with the waves as a subject, but then this Indian Girl came and stood there, dancing around in her colourful dress. What a beautiful sight. Her and her partner saw me and laughed.

_GEE1433-copy.jpg

_GEE1426-copy.jpg

_GEE1355-copy.jpg

_GEE1320-copy.jpg

_GEE1205-copy.jpg

I took some more of the gig shots from the FOH mix position. More of the same here I guess…

_GEE3063-copy.jpg

_GEE2812-copy.jpg

_GEE2779-copy.jpg

_GEE2711-copy.jpg

I guess they don’t call it the Sunshine Coast for nothing…

_GEE2909-copy.jpg

_GEE2868-copy.jpg

_GEE2265-copy.jpg

_GEE2264-copy.jpg

_GEE2258-copy.jpg

As per usual, the last song of soundcheck is done with the PA turned off, so the band can hear what the monitors might sound like when the venue fulls up with “self-propelled organic audio absorbersâ€â€¦ I usually try to turn this into a photo opportunity with the SB800 as a remote flash.

_GEE2332-copy.jpg

_GEE2328-copy.jpg

_GEE2295-copy.jpg

_GEE2291-copy.jpg

So many pics to comment and so little time...

I'm going to an airshow in Friday, most propably. But the problem, sort of, is that I only got the kit lense (18-55mm) for me EOS 400D! So... fast suggestions on good, fairly cheap zoom lenses (right?) would be appreciated. As said, camera is 400D.

This shop is the one I'll be most likely using, since it has the shop near me and it's fairly cheap. Sorry about the list being in Finnish, but I guess it doesn't matter since all the lenses are listed with their main properties, I suppose. The ones that have the blue texts "Myös Helsingin ja Pirkkalan myymälän hyllyssä" or "Myös Pirkkalan myymälän hyllyssä" under their description are available at the shop near me.

Help appreciated... huh.gif

i really need a new lense...

preferably something that cover most ranges (like a 28-300)

and i want a "sharp" lense....

someone got a tip?

oh... and i need a 1.5 or 2.0 converter (or anything between) since there are no telezoom lenses for the longer ranges (trying to get good photos of a couple of guys running over a field 300m away is hard)

someone got a tip?

oh... and i need a 1.5 or 2.0 converter (or anything between) since there are no telezoom lenses for the longer ranges (trying to get good photos of a couple of guys running over a field 300m away is hard)

Try calling canon because I don't think that one exists yet.

someone got a tip?

Try calling canon because I don't think that one exists yet.

i use a Nikon wink_o.gif

and i know that Tamron comes with a 28-300 lense with vibration reduction....

...fast suggestions on good, fairly cheap zoom lenses...

For what it costs the Sigma 70-300 DG Macro APO is ok (I use it)

All the pics I posted from RAF Cosford were taken with that lens, and most of them came out ok. Its a little slow, but for the cost its not bad.

As for a superzoom for the_shadow, well from what I've read and been told, superzooms (i.e. 28-300) and quality dont really go hand in hand...