Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Real Life Photography/Photo Editing II - NO IMAGES >100kb

I was down abit from the grandstand on the right. Some of the things didnt come near us (Su-30, Hind) sad_o.gif

da4b8965.jpg

9d4c2265.jpg

056df160.jpg

Anyway, I'm looking for a wide angle lens for a decent price, anyone know one?

My favorite of the serie of airshow pics must be the bomber (slap me if wrong) on the runway with the undergoing sun...Greet work imho.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/chrisgee/OFP%20Resize/_GEE6267-copy.jpg).

Had some time to shoot today, although the belgian wheter wasn't on my side mad_o.gif .

One of the reasons of my camera purchase was to finally take some snaps of my fish. I learned it is much harder to capture them in a good pose and have a clear, non relecting image. Thank god for the memorycard invention and the delete button biggrin_o.gif . Only had one decent enough pic...

2007072001.jpg

and not the most ideal pose for a fish, but had something i guess...Picture taken through the pond window (window in the sidewall of the pond), so didn't suffer any reflection...

I read polarisation-filters are good against reflections (in water) and add a nice effect to the water. Unless someone don't advice me to buy one, i should be getting one one of these days.

Some other random pics:

2007072002.jpg

2007072003.jpg

2007072005.jpg

2007072007.jpg

2007072008.jpg

All taken with my Nikon AF-S DX VR 55-200/4-5.6G IF-ED lens at full zoom as they were to far to be taken with the 18-55.

Awwwwww, I was supposed to go there but my friend had other plans and dull to go alone... oh, he's so dead now. tounge2.gif

Great pics Killagee... love that Tornado one. Other... aren't bad either. wink_o.gif

DaSquade, it's a B-1B and well, I doubt they let killa on the runway. Anyways, nice pics you got - <s>kit lense and good eye or something more special?</s>

Arrrrrrrrrr, really need a new lense.

Ah yes airshows ... I remember those! Vaguely :|

colt6.jpg

colt5.jpg

colt4.jpg

colt3.jpg

colt2.jpg

colt1.jpg

Quite the collection of Antonov-2's Supah biggrin_o.gif

Had to dig out one of my old Soviet pins after that:

imgp15721fl2.jpg

cessna172.jpg

First Cessna 172 I ever touched that was not atleast 5 years older then me! (and that pbb says more about the planes I get to fly in NW europe then about my age biggrin_o.gif ) Very cool pin Tovarish!

"Oh that thing AGAIN"

bbd.jpg

Getting a bit bored with certain warbirds around the european circuit.

Great Photos everyone.

He is my contribution for today

dirtyanglm4.jpg

Still learning the trade, but I am starting to see things in a whole new light

@Smiley: Nice pic. Noob all the way here, but unless it was meant this way i miss some sharp (focussed) point in the pic. Again not sure if it was meant this way, but the first angel (on the left) could of come better out of it with some extra sharpness (originally or photoshopped).

But feel free to shoot me smile_o.gif.

Keep it up...

EDIT: Added some pics of the fish.

Not sure if we got some fishlovers on the boards, and i don't mean for dinner. But here some of my 'pets'. All taken through window in the pondwall as i don't have my pola filter yet.

2007072101.jpg

2007072104.jpg

2007072105.jpg

2007072106.jpg

2007072107.jpg

Might post some more pondhabitants, but sofar the rest wasn't so good confused_o.gif .

Wow! Well even with a pola filter I doubt you'd get as nice results as these! Outstanding biggrin_o.gif

@daSquade: Looking very good!

I think darkening the background would make the image look so cool, like a pitchblack background, with a lit fish in the middle.

You can trick around with Photoshop to get the effect and if you feel like it, intensify the colors of the fishes. Retouch ftw! hehe

wex

@Supah: Thanks. Well like i said, all fish pics are taken through the pond window (->like aquarium view, if it helps explain the situation). So this gives me by default a non-deformed and crips picture. But hard to make decent top body shot like that. So i hope the pola filter will help when i try to make pics 'through' the water surface. From the examples i have seen it helps in a certain degree, plus it should benefit the contract aswell. Time will tell...

@wex-q: Hm, not sure if i understood your point, but..uhu..that is what i did :d. You don't want to see the orginals i think (damn flowing algees and crossing fishes all over the place :d). Anyway, beside cleaning the background and algee spots before-over the fish, pics are almost originally (slightly auto contrast and auto levels + smart sharpen).

Anyway, thanks for the comments. Although i'm very noob and had no photoshooting experience before four days ago, but i think the D40x and lenses are doing all the work for me :d.

Hehe, well, I shouldn't be the one to critisize, I don't even have a camera (yet)! tounge2.gif

But I meant that the black background is a bit greyish, I think it would look cool if you just made it totally pitchblack.

Would bring the fish out more.

@Supah: Thanks. Well like i said, all fish pics are taken through the pond window (->like aquarium view, if it helps explain the situation). So this gives me by default a non-deformed and crips picture. But hard to make decent top body shot like that. So i hope the pola filter will help when i try to make pics 'through' the water surface. From the examples i have seen it helps in a certain degree, plus it should benefit the contract aswell. Time will tell...

@wex-q: Hm, not sure if i understood your point, but..uhu..that is what i did :d. You don't want to see the orginals i think (damn flowing algees and crossing fishes all over the place :d). Anyway, beside cleaning the background and algee spots before-over the fish, pics are almost originally (slightly auto contrast and auto levels + smart sharpen).

Anyway, thanks for the comments. Although i'm very noob and had no photoshooting experience before four days ago, but i think the D40x and lenses are doing all the work for me :d.

Well it should make the colours look better thats true also it will reduce reflection but it will never be 100%. Depending on how big your fishtank is you could buy scuba gear, one of those underwater cases for your camera and try that approach wink_o.gif Nah just kidding with you!

A picture of mine! Curtiss Hawk 75 at flying legends (the fifth time I saw this one)

hawk1.jpg

Well it should make the colours look better thats true also it will reduce reflection but it will never be 100%. Depending on how big your fishtank is you could buy scuba gear, one of those underwater cases for your camera and try that approach wink_o.gif Nah just kidding with you!

Well, if he had a underwater housing, he could just submerge a large black hollow box, put the fishes one by one in it, and snap away, so it would become like a photography studio where you put a black (or any other color) wall all the way down to the floor and out of the image, so it looks like it's nothing there at all but black (or any other color).

Maybe I'm a bit unclear, late hours goodnight.gif

And a vietnam classic! A A-1 Skyraider! I have been seeing this exact same aircraft since I was 15 or something at various airshows, must be more then thirty times by now!

skyraider1.jpg

Without going too offtopic or on the topic of fishsnapping:

Well like i said, i snapped them from behind my pondwindow witch is a normal window (but 1cm 'armored...lol...window) witch is build in one of the side walls of the pond, as the pond is 1.5m deep and 50cm is above the outerfloor. Pro of that is you have a crisp clear and non watersurface deformation and no reflections. Cons is that a 'perfect' koi presentation pic needs to be a top body pic, with extra points if the fish lays streched out with fins symmetric and width open. But that is almost impossible to get as the fish will never flow vertical (should learn them that one day smile_o.gif).

Anyway, almost all koi presentation pics are taken in exhibition tanks (low amount of water tanks with small room). I met this guy who made it to get 4 koi magazine covers here in Belgium-Netherlands, but he also told even under that situation it is still very hard. As the fish are stressed and the amount of water is low (->any movement gets translated into water movement and a non clear shot). Other con is you need to capture the fish and the stress that bring this with them, can turn the white parts of the body slightly pink (blood in the veins), but depends on fish. So it is a mather of patient, time and the right moment. Won't post any pics of him (not allowed afaik), but he made some golden ones.

Anyway, i received a 'very nice shots for a noob, keep it up' comment of him.

Enough of the fishchat now..carry on!

Friday, July 20th. Tuttlingen - Honberg, Germany, Schandmaul concert:

Schandmaul_1_by_VarialKickflip.jpg

Schandmaul_6_by_VarialKickflip.jpg

I have some more on my dev-art profil: Click me my friend

wink_o.gif

Still messing around with my crappy digicam confused_o.gif

Actually the first band was "Letzte Instanz" and after them it was "Schandmaul"'s turn. Messed the naming of the pictures.

Anyway, hope you like at least one or two of 'em tounge2.gif

Offical Schandmaul page

Cool! smile_o.gif

I went to a friend's gig last night as their "photographer", I'm getting practice and they're getting pics! :P Not many were amazing (small venue) but I got a couple of shots I'm pleased with, this one in particular:

876920427_52e72f11de_m.jpg

For a bigger version go here.

I like these ones too:

877770636_8e1868d158.jpg

Flickr Page

876922035_141cb80a51.jpg

Flickr Page

I've got a Sony DSC-H2. It's great for people with limited pockets. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Cyber-shot_DSC-H5

dsc01059hj7.jpg

dsc01069yk6.jpg

dsc01104yq3.jpg

dsc01217tf8.jpg

dsc01247gp1.jpg

Copyleft Spokesperson 2007.

However, it's easy to tell that a Sony camera has been used in the lighthouse picture. Sony uses some special color scheme "sony dark/blue" that I don't like. It doesn't resemble reality.

Howdy folks! Not sure if anyone remembers me wink_o.gif But anyways.....

Last Sunday was Nataska and my one year wedding anniversary, can you believe we've been married 1 whole year already? Well to celebrate we went to a place called Pulau Ubin for a long weekend, was pretty nice smile_o.gif It's an island to the North of Singapore, still Singapore territory but it's a bit like going to another country smile_o.gif

Couple of links about Pulau Iban http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulau_Ubin & http://www.wildsingapore.com/ubin/index.html

Unfortunately as we're shockingly bad at remembering to get the camera out we didn't take many pics, but here's a couple......

First four are the view from the "bumboat" (cheap local ferry boat which takes you from the mainland to the island for $2 each ($3 = 1GBP), so technically they're of the Changi Beach area of Singapore and not Pulau Iban smile_o.gif

Pulau_Ubin_01.jpg

Pulau_Ubin_02.jpg

Pulau_Ubin_03.jpg

Pulau_Ubin_04.jpg

Next photo is one of "er indoors" (for fans of Minder wink_o.gif) and I on the bumboat, as taken by a friendly chap who kindly offered after we took one of him and his friends.....

Pulau_Ubin_05.jpg

6 and 7 are just of a random view we saw as we biked around Pulau Ubin on a rented tandem bicycle (great fun!wink_o.gif

Pulau_Ubin_06.jpg

Pulau_Ubin_07.jpg

Then the last 5 are of a very large Arapaima (or pirarucu, or paiche) which lived in the ornamental lagoon next to the restaurant of the resort we stayed at, this one was about 1.5m long but they grow in excess of 3 m (9.8 ft.) and weight up to 200 kg (440 lb.)*

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arapaima" target="_blank">

*stolen from wiki wink_o.gif</a>

Pulau_Ubin_08.jpg

Pulau_Ubin_09.jpg

Pulau_Ubin_10.jpg

This one was a right attention whore, as soon as the auto flash kicked in on a dark shot it started jumping around and poking its head out of the water!

Pulau_Ubin_11.jpg

Here you can see part of its back sticking out of the water with a view of about 2/3 of the ornamental lagoon and climbing wall and stuff in the background smile_o.gif